Guest viewing is limited

Shabu Shabu with sexy girls in Shinjuku

I once read that those restaurants had rosters on the floor and that, if you push a button, hot air came out and blew up the skirt of the girl.

It was no touching I think. And some places had mirrored floors.

Those, and a lot of them also had the condiments on shelves above the tables, and the waitresses would have to step up on the customers' seats to get them, putting their naughty bits at eye level.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
AFAIK not illegal, apparently just didn't make enough profit to keep them going.

The most famous no-pan shabu shabu place used to be in Shinjuku and was called Roland. It didn't shut because it didn't make a profit - quite the opposite. It was closed because of tax evasion. They weren't reporting there profit. Another reason they closed (and probably why they thought they could get away with not paying taxes) was people from the Ministry of Finance were their most prolific customers. When it was raided for the tax evasion and there reservation book examined, it create quite the scandal.
Alice, when you open one, the trick is the customers sit in a hori kotatsu and the bottles of spirits are hung from the ceiling. When a customer orders an overpriced drink, the waitress stands on the table with her feet spread wide and stretches up to have one shot of alcohol dispensed. She lingers in that pose so everyone can get a look. The food was very average. But you don't come for the food

Brings back "old" memories of the "bubble" era. Was treated once to Rolan and it was fun. I remembered that you were also able to flash a "pen light" in the "kotatsu" when the "waitress" was sitting down to serve you. Yes, they had their legs wide open underneath, so you can flash the light and get a good view of the "kitty". That was ages ago during the height of the financial bubble. Amazing about some of the things people can come up with.

Brings back "old" memories of the "bubble" era. Was treated once to Rolan and it was fun. I remembered that you were also able to flash a "pen light" in the "kotatsu" when the "waitress" was sitting down to serve you. Yes, they had their legs wide open underneath, so you can flash the light and get a good view of the "kitty". That was ages ago during the height of the financial bubble. Amazing about some of the things people can come up with.
Its really a shame now all the fun and creative inventions either get outlawed, dont make enough profit or the owners fuck up somehow by hiring underaged girls or not paying tax or something.
Its like everything fun is slowly disappearing.