Guest viewing is limited

Speed Dating

Yes, you can attend, but as most of the women don't speak very much English I wouldn't see the point.

Maybe some of the international parties are ok, but the speed dating events I've been to have a decent N4-N3 level of language requirements to communicate with the women.

Thanks for the advise. I emailed the company and they replied that it's no problem not to be able to speak any Japanese but I kind of got the feeling that they were just hoping I'd sign up.

It is normally free for men if you sign up early enough, so feel free to try. Sometimes the women speak quite good English and sometimes none at all.

This sounds really interesting. If there's an event in December I am considering just attending once for the experience (never been to any sort of dating event in my life) but I'm curious, are the gaijins these girls are hoping to meet mainly Caucasian? Meaning Asian 'gaijins' don't mean shit to them in the first place and I should just save my time?

No, I have repeatedly seen Asian guys walk away with very pretty ladies. Repeatedly for the 4 or 4 times I actually participated. Funny enough I thought to myself they mustered the courage to try a foreigner, but then didn't want to go too far away. In my cases it was not a well hidden secret that they were only considering Asians.
Anyways, I lately get a lot of mails about lack of men. So maybe good time. Try the Ginza venue, not Shinjuku.

Hey RandomTokyoGuy, thanks for sharing! Now I'm more open to participating and I'll be sure to try the Ginza venue as per your suggestion. If anything, I can at least treat it as practice for my Japanese.
But who knows, since it'll be close to Christmas when I'm there, the girls may be extra desperate to get a date haha.
Any pointers on what to talk about since, as many have mentioned, you only get a few minutes with each girl?

Well, you have 2-3min max. I usually try to discuss japanese constitution, but that's up to you
You fill out some profile card in the beginning, if you can do that in Japanese you score big bonus points.
Usually the conversation doesn't go much beyond profession, hobby, favorite food.

I can read and write Japanese much better than I can speak it (all about practice I guess?) but I guess those cards are meant to give us ideas of things to talk about, huh.
Anyway, I looked through the site and think I may not be eligible to sign up after all. Says I need to show a residence card or something but since I'll only be a tourist there for about a month, I highly doubt I'll receive such a card. Oh well!
But now that I think about it, it makes sense since the girls are hoping to meet people to seriously date for the long term haha. My bad.

Been to the Ginza event tonight (hadn't participated in more than a year) overall pretty dismal evening. I walked away with someone but only because she asked me to choose her and I had no intention of choosing anyone anyway so I thought what the heck. It seemed to me the women there were considerably uglier than last year and there were fewer people overall but I don't know if it's a trend or not. The reception ladies asked me if I would accept to feature in their promotional youtube video (I said no of course) so it felt to me like maybe they're struggling to find people.