The Anything Goes Thread

Historically the Dutch have a hell of a lot more than the French to justify...
Why? they were not even an independent country until the 16th century, and their first king was Napoleon’s brother (who was totally inept by the way)

I really dont get why the bluetooth earphones are considered a progress. Fucking annoying when running out of electricity or when having syncing issues. Its decided today I buy a good old cheap one.

I really dont get why the bluetooth earphones are considered a progress. Fucking annoying when running out of electricity or when having syncing issues. Its decided today I buy a good old cheap one.
Totally agree with this. I would much rather deal with the cable than have yet another fiddly little device to have to remember to keep charged. And whoever it is at Apple who decided to eliminate the phone jack on the latest iPhone should have his balls skewered and twisted off with a spork. I had to buy a fiddly little adapter for 800yen so I can use my corded earbuds. Thanks. Another thing to lose.

Reactions: Frenchy
Totally agree with this. I would much rather deal with the cable than have yet another fiddly little device to have to remember to keep charged. And whoever it is at Apple who decided to eliminate the phone jack on the latest iPhone should have his balls skewered and twisted off with a spork. I had to buy a fiddly little adapter for 800yen so I can use my corded earbuds. Thanks. Another thing to lose.
Another reason for me to not have Iphone (whatever version they are on) Can't change battery, can't use microSD card, custom cables for everything, and now no earphone jack ? :mad: Just a Rant on APPLE....

Reactions: warubuta
“Dutch courage”... sounds like an oxymoron to me...

It's an idiom that means "a belly full of alcohol" - supposedly originated from the 30 years war where the English would drink jenever (Dutch gin) to calm their nerves before a battle.

The sound isn't as good either. I was working out with bluetooth and then forgot them. used the stock iphone headphones and it sounds awesome.

That being said, if wireless headphones are a must, check out soundPeats. they are only like $20.

People who buy cheap crap bluetooth headphones can't expect quality or performance.
Well, same for any product. My point was more : what’s the inherent advantage of them, even quality ones? What justifies the hassle of syncing and charging , vs simply plugging a normal one?

Well, same for any product. My point was more : what’s the inherent advantage of them, even quality ones? What justifies the hassle of syncing and charging , vs simply plugging a normal one?
Personally I bought a not inexpensive set of bluetooth Audio Technical full coverage headphones. They sound great, last about 20 hours between charges. No cord to get tangled up or get caught on things or people in the subway, etc. Never a single hassle syncing them with multiple computers or my iPhone.

Reactions: Ken1988
Ok so sometimes, people piss me off, and I become a nasty bitch , as you all know. But I found the perfect meditation now... highly recommended to a few other members here... heck everybody here , bunch of pervs and morons! :kiss:

Reactions: AMcguyver
Just an FYI, but if you are ever in the market for earphones of any kind and at any price range, that shop, earphones.com in Akiba has got more earphones than I even thought existed times 10. It’s crazy that there is a market for this shit. They also got MP3 players out the yingyang too. It’s one of those “only in Tokyo” shopping experiences.

if you are ever in the market for earphones of any kind and at any price range

My headphones are a godsend. Over the ear bluetooth cans, they are a no-nonsense very visible indicator that you are not available for conversation.

They have made the gym a wonderful place again now that oji-bro doesn't bother trying to tell me that he thinks I'm soft for only doing five reps a set. :)

(But if you're getting them for gym use - quick replace pads is THE must have feature....)

My headphones are a godsend. Over the ear bluetooth cans, they are a no-nonsense very visible indicator that you are not available for conversation.

They have made the gym a wonderful place again now that oji-bro doesn't bother trying to tell me that he thinks I'm soft for only doing five reps a set. :)

(But if you're getting them for gym use - quick replace pads is THE must have feature....)

Ah ! Just as you were posting this I started using mine to avoid the sound of the two noisy guys next table. And also because i was in need of some Iron Maiden before meeting a new [Redacted] lady ;)

This song is dedicated to TJB :D

Last edited:
Ah ! Just as you were posting this I started using mine to avoid the sound of the two noisy guys next table. And also because i was in need of some Iron Maiden before meeting a new [Redacted] lady ;)

This song is dedicated to TJB :D

Hahaha... you might enjoy my favourite workout set....

Damn,no ideas for White Day tomorrow. Guess I will buy again white chocolates. Any better idea?

White wine?
Yeah, but I need something discrete coz some ladies gave (discretely too) and not others , which is totally fine , but I dont want to make the whole thing awkward with an obvious gift from the boss...
how about a Diptyque candle? They’re white French, and high-quality

Yeah, but I need something discrete coz some ladies gave (discretely too) and not others , which is totally fine , but I dont want to make the whole thing awkward with an obvious gift from the boss...
how about a Diptyque candle? They’re white French, and high-quality

I always stick with edibles or potables, personally.

Though I have a couple on my list that I'd rather give a lump of coal to..... maybe paint it white first.

I always stick with edibles or potables, personally.

Though I have a couple on my list that I'd rather give a lump of coal to..... maybe paint it white first.

And clean it. Clean coal is the future! :D

Reactions: Sudsy
I do find it important to share cookies with the office ladies on white day. Not that I expect them to give up their cookies in return of course. I hope that doesn’t make me too much of a SOY BOY though! But if so, me and @Frenchy can hang I guess!!

Reactions: Cinnabums
I do find it important to share cookies with the office ladies on white day. Not that I expect them to give up their cookies in return of course. I hope that doesn’t make me too much of a SOY BOY though! But if so, me and @Frenchy can hang I guess!!
Ok so I admit I needed to google Soy Boy , and it made me laugh coz truth is I spent most of my life drinking way too much (cow) milk , which is, apparently, the macho/« real white dude » thing to do! :ROFLMAO:

You should go on youtube and watch hbomberguy's videos. That guy has great talent at poking holes in bullshit theories and being funny while doing so. His latest stuff has been about the soy = estrogen bullshit.

You should go on youtube and watch hbomberguy's videos. That guy has great talent at poking holes in bullshit theories and being funny while doing so. His latest stuff has been about the soy = estrogen bullshit.

Ok, but dont destroy my newfound virility theory that real milk makes da real maaaaan.

He looked at her, feeling his growing desire for such a goddess-like woman...
She was sitting at the bar, alone, drinking her Cosmopolitan
He sat next to her, making sure she would notice his biceps and his paratrooper tattoos.
Then, with a commanding , manly voice, he ordered ... « Waiter... gimme some milk, REAL milk »
He knew the impact that would made on her...
He didnt even have to turn his head and smile...
She was already kneeling down and frantically opening his zipper: a REAL milk drinking man, that had been her wildest fantasy since puberty...

Well a man who drinks cow’s milk is all fine and good... but how about a good story of a fine lady who drinks man’s milk... then we have something of true TAG calibre!