The Anything Goes Thread

We cannot be friends anymore.

yeah, its fucked up beyond repair now Mikey

writing I’m a cheap slut who don’t really put up , okay , But preferring Asahi to Sapporo ... C’est fini!!! :mad:

Reactions: MikeH
writing I’m a cheap slut who don’t really put up , okay

For the record I never said that.

I think your pricing is moderate.

Reactions: Frenchy
Absolutely! (Well, quality-wise at least. For market share Super Dry is still #1 which is a shame imo)

Super Dry is my go-to beer though I now have been boycotting it because some money out of that is going to IOC.

My new favourite is actually Kirin Heartland. It even comes in a glass bottle which then makes me look like I know something about beers.

Obviously my all time favourite beer is cold and free.

Miscreant! Asahi is to Sapporo what Budweiser is to real beer !

blaspheme_blues_brothers.gif

Reactions: MikeH
Ok, lets settle this once and for all
Super Dry is @Keihan ’s favorite beer
And he also enjoys Costco vodka
Case closed :D

Well he also likes Tobita and Spa World so it obviously proves he gets things 50% right.

Reactions: Sudsy and Frenchy
Ok, lets settle this once and for all
Super Dry is @Keihan ’s favorite beer
And he also enjoys Costco vodka
Case closed :D
Super Dry was the first beer I drank in Japan*, and will forever hold a place in my heart.

*from a vending machine in the airport 30 seconds after I stepped off the plane. That's when I knew I was in a civilized country.

Super Dry was the first beer I drank in Japan*, and will forever hold a place in my heart.

*from a vending machine in the airport 30 seconds after I stepped off the plane. That's when I knew I was in a civilized country.

ok they’re good at marketing , and Sapporo sucks at it . I’ll grant you that

Super Dry is my go-to beer though I now have been boycotting it because some money out of that is going to IOC.

My new favourite is actually Kirin Heartland. It even comes in a glass bottle which then makes me look like I know something about beers.

Obviously my all time favourite beer is cold and free.

The only good thing about Heartland was the meat market they sponsored in Roppongi Hills ..... seems a life time ago!

Heartland ... the beer ... is ranked dead last among Japanese beers by my humble taste buds. Still better than Budweiser.

Reactions: Lars Lust
Not much of a drinker anymore, but in the case of Japanese beers:

Sapporo > Asahi
Of the ‘main’ beers that are sold everywhere
1. Premium Malts
2. Sapporo
3. Yebisu
4. Kirin
5. Asahi
This is the correct order.

Reactions: Negi77
Sapporo is my favorite but that is mostly since i went on a factory tour ages ago and saw the hologram beer fairy.

OK, you dirty sonsabitches have the audacity to shit on my Asahi Super Dry, which is, for the record, the greatest beer ever produced anywhere in the world? And for the record, @Frenchy, my Costco vodka is FRENCH, so that makes it partly your fault.

For the record, when actually IN Japan, my preference is the standard yellow can Kirin. When I was younger and living in Japan I preferred Super Dry or Sapporo, but I guess my tastes have changed with age. I prefer a lighter beer that's easier to drink quickly. These days I'll tolerate Super Dry. I don't care for Sapporo, outside of the Sapporo-Only special edition stuff up in Hokkaido. If you visit the factory, they've got a phenomenal darker beer you can buy in bottles. I can't fucking stand Yebisu or Premium Malts, as that's like drinking bitter syrup.

Now, as for why Asahi Super Dry is my beer of choice here stateside, the reason is simple: it's one of the only Japan-made beers you can get. Most other Japanese beers available in the U.S. (including Kirin, Sapporo, some Asahi variations) are brewed in Canada and taste like shit. Most people here don't realize that because they're ignorant douchebags trying to appear cultured. The only Japan-brewed beers available around here are the tall-boy Asahi Super Dry, Asahi Black bottles (which I don't like), Orion cans/bottles and then Koshihikari Echigo beer (overpriced, tastes like shit).

BUT, last year, for some horrific reason, Asahi's stateside distribution made the abominable decision to stop importing the Super Dry brewed in Tokyo and instead starting shipping us Super Dry MADE IN ITALY. FUCKING ITALY. And they still charge a premium, since it's still techincally "imported."

It doesn't taste as good, but it's still better than the Canadian shit, so what can a faithful alcoholic do? The 12-packs go for $9.99 on sale at the local Japanese markets, so whenever they do, I drive down in my work truck and buy up an entire pallet.

It's fucking sad. Whenever I visit Japan, on my way out I stuff my carry-on backpack full of Asahi/Kirin cans at the HND gift shop and hoard them back home, hiding them in the bottom drawer of my fridge and daintily sipping on one for a special occasion. By the time I run out of cans it's usually time for my next trip to Japan, but COVID put an end to that. So we're coming up on two years since I had the taste of a genuine Super Dry, the entertainment of getting intoxicated on the Shinkansen and offending the cart girl on the way to Hakodate or the pleasure of a Korean lady scrubbing my asshole. Another Chinese crime against humanity.