The Anything Goes Thread

IMG_1934.jpeg

A few times during the last days I was riding the Keihan-Line from Tenmabashi to Kyoto and back with friends, using @Keihan s information he shared with us about the culture along this railway line.

Reactions: Keihan
A few times during the last days I was riding the Keihan-Line from Tenmabashi to Kyoto and back with friends, using @Keihan s information he shared with us about the culture along this railway line.

Interesting, since a week ago I was jogging the Nakanoshima circuit that ends by the Keihan Temmabashi Station. What the fuck were you doing down there?? From what I recall, it was just govt offices and bureaucratic bullshit in that area...but very nice buildings, and Nakanoshima is a great jogging path. Must say, it does make me nostalgic. I haven't caught the Keihan to Kyoto in probably close to 15 years.

Just saw this photo on X: three badass actors — Bill Paxton, Liam Neeson and Patrick Swayze — from the underrated Next of Kin (1989).

IMG_0561.jpeg

Reactions: Tabanico
Wow. Coincidentally I watched the netflix doc on dirty dancing last night. Patrick swayze was an interesting guy. now I want to watch this. It wasn't on my radar before.

Reactions: Majestyk
Interesting, since a week ago I was jogging the Nakanoshima circuit that ends by the Keihan Temmabashi Station. What the fuck were you doing down there?? From what I recall, it was just govt offices and bureaucratic bullshit in that area...but very nice buildings, and Nakanoshima is a great jogging path. Must say, it does make me nostalgic. I haven't caught the Keihan to Kyoto in probably close to 15 years.

Tenmabashi was the station of choice for transfer, I'm staying at a very affordable location in Tani-9 because the tourists and the demand they are creating is driving up hotel prices to 3 Man on weekends at an APA Hotel.
I have been enjoying the restaurants at HiHiTown. A lot of people smoking in the streets and very "local" atmosphere.

Government's doling out up to 20万, just that it's not for you, but for hospitals that raise MyNa usage numbers

You know those posts you see on [whatever social media] that say things like "Japan is such a beautiful, wonderful country" or "Things that show Japan is living in the future"? The ones made by people that have only visited large cities in Japan?

Yeah. I hate them too.

You know those posts you see on [whatever social media] that say things like "Japan is such a beautiful, wonderful country" or "Things that show Japan is living in the future"? The ones made by people that have only visited large cities in Japan?

Yeah. I hate them too.
We need a counter campaign!

“Nagoya - where dreams die. And you might too if you annoy us.”

“Tokyo - where karoshi isn’t just a catchphrase!”

“Kyoto - we hate you, and we aren’t afraid to show it.”

“Japan, land of the future*.”
*Future defined as 1995.

People still think about Japan as if its the year 2000 or something, at least in the US. Everyone I talk to thinks its super futuristic and super expensive when I talk about it.

The videos that annoy me are the ones that are like "you will basically get deported if you walk and carry a drink at the same time" or any other of those types of rules that sometimes are good but sometimes really exaggerated.

1713084190083.png