The Anything Goes Thread

I always laugh when I see BS portrayed about the military in the movies. Guys with nicknames like "Iceman" or "war daddy" or something cool. IRL it's very rare to hear a nickname anybody would be proud of.

Trapper John?

Like I said, there was that guy we called Duraglit (a brass polishing product) because he was always jerking off.

And any Sergeant with a name like McDurrant or MacPhearson would just be called Sergeant Mac. One guy we called Cowboy because he was a rodeo rider but also his name was hard to pronounce.

Reactions: Sudsy
I always laugh when I see BS portrayed about the military in the movies. Guys with nicknames like "Iceman" or "war daddy" or something cool. IRL it's very rare to hear a nickname anybody would be proud of.

Our old sergeant was nicknamed SAM.

Sadistic-Assed Motherfucker....

Reactions: MikeH
Dear TAG,

This is my last week before I take a long break in August for summer vacation.

I hope you all enjoy your summer vacation and see you in late August / early September

That doesn't stop the rapes, only the reports of them as the news organisations are not interested in telling that story.
True! It doesn’t stop them, but not all units are just a bunch of white guys taking their liberties on women. In the other hand white guys do a fair share of crazy stuff to other females in all the branches up through the ranks. But I know of blacks that have been charged with the same stuff. Heinous stuff. But stuff non different from the greater society they were pulled from.

And any Sergeant with a name like McDurrant or MacPhearson would just be called Sergeant Mac. One guy we called Cowboy because he was a rodeo rider but also his name was hard to pronounce.

They seem a creative bunch. I can’t imagine what nicknames they would come up with if there were two guys called Steve in the platoon - one who was really big and one who really small.

I hate seing those tourists with their tshirts and shorts and flip-flops when I get out of the office. Grrrrrr!!!

Okay so I am not going to quote but just reading a few things I want to clear a few things up.

No. The United States Military is not all racist, bigoted rednecks who voted for Trump. If anything in the last election if 3rd parties were in favor of Candidates like Gary Johnson and Bernie Sanders had overwhelming support and appealed over Trump and Hilary, and that was according to an internal poll. When it got out that Republicans wanted to tap Mattis as a Candidate nearly everyone including myself was in all-out support and vocal for him. Surprisingly enough there is lots of grumbling about the current commander in chief depending on the Branch, but as we can not voice our political opinions as it technically violates a few rules most of us stay silent or face repercussions as it can be viewed as one using our position to influence an election.

We are quite diverse. When I say diverse, we are REALLY diverse. Even though as you stated that the majority of the military is white, if you are a tried and true racist you will end up finding some black guy to call your brother and defend him like no other, ESPECIALLY when it comes to opposing viewpoints. If anything I have seen more compromise since being in than anywhere else in the government area of work. One dependent mentioned that her Husband stated that the ship he was on should be in the Filipino Navy as he was able to speak Tagalog to nearly everyone on the ship. There is also a nice video of how a racist man came to blows with a black man in his unit during the Vietnam war only to end up becoming his Brother-In-Law for some 30+ years.

Contrary to popular belief, it is not easy to get into the military nor are the jobs easy to do. You have to realize something most jobs even those of the door kickers require lots of knowledge skill and intelligence of how to correctly implement and use said weapon systems or equipment. Hell if you lose your Officer, SEL, and Corpsman the company is effectively gimped, and it is on those 18-20-year-olds to execute orders, figure out the best plan of attack, and rescue. It's not something for the faint of heart. Not to mention many of us (myself included) are taking advantage of going to college. In fact just to get to the higher ranks you need a Master's or higher and that is just to see E7! Essentially telling enlisted folks that you have to know more than just your job.

The LGBTQ community. We have no problems with them, in fact, many of my best friends are gay. What we do take issue with is sex change. Many of us believe it's either you have the operation done and you're your gender from MEPS and boot camp or you wait until you do your time and get out. We don't have problems with Trans people; we do have problems with the logistical manner and the comfortability of people within the unit. In other words, if you're a male and want a sex change, you have to bunk with females before your reassignment surgery. Most females are not comfortable with this aspect currently, neither are most males. So there is that.

Now for the elephant in the room sexual assault. Yes, it is a problem in the military, but in reality, it is a problem with the world as a whole. No fucking means NO!!! I don't understand nor get why people can't seem to understand this aspect, and it's a big factor for me as for why I don't drink, and I make sure my partner doesn't drink before relations. So on average in JUST the United States alone 1 in 6 women claim that they have been sexually assaulted. As far as the military is concerned yes, the number will be higher as well, fewer women mean the average will go up. HOWEVER, we have near constant training on how to defend and or get someone out of those situations. I have stopped several assaults from happening, and that was by EXPATs in Fukuoka. Military wise I have stopped one. I will say though to say that we are all just out to rape women couldn't be any farther from the truth! As for the idiots in Roppongi, if I were there I would have helmed them the fuck up and let them know what was up, there is no excuse for that kind of behavior and honestly, they do not know how to do dirt and stay hidden. By doing dirt, I mean breaking curfew to go to clubs and have fun and drink and what not, but always responsible and NEVER drawing attention to yourself like those dumbasses.

As stated I am a salty ass e4, I know how to have fun but be responsible, I do my best to be respectful, I am somewhat of a Liberal at heart, and yes I voted for Obama (sorry to disappoint some of you), I like to consider myself intelligent, though my grammar sucks and I know it still working on it, I deeply care for those around me and try to be the best I can be with a good moral center. I am not perfect but dammit I am trying. So please do not label us as dumb racist bigoted rednecks because that is not a reflection of me or the Military as a whole.

Okay so I am not going to quote but just reading a few things I want to clear a few things up.

No. The United States Military is not all racist, bigoted rednecks who voted for Trump. If anything in the last election if 3rd parties were in favor of Candidates like Gary Johnson and Bernie Sanders had overwhelming support and appealed over Trump and Hilary, and that was according to an internal poll. When it got out that Republicans wanted to tap Mattis as a Candidate nearly everyone including myself was in all-out support and vocal for him. Surprisingly enough there is lots of grumbling about the current commander in chief depending on the Branch, but as we can not voice our political opinions as it technically violates a few rules most of us stay silent or face repercussions as it can be viewed as one using our position to influence an election.

We are quite diverse. When I say diverse, we are REALLY diverse. Even though as you stated that the majority of the military is white, if you are a tried and true racist you will end up finding some black guy to call your brother and defend him like no other, ESPECIALLY when it comes to opposing viewpoints. If anything I have seen more compromise since being in than anywhere else in the government area of work. One dependent mentioned that her Husband stated that the ship he was on should be in the Filipino Navy as he was able to speak Tagalog to nearly everyone on the ship. There is also a nice video of how a racist man came to blows with a black man in his unit during the Vietnam war only to end up becoming his Brother-In-Law for some 30+ years.

Contrary to popular belief, it is not easy to get into the military nor are the jobs easy to do. You have to realize something most jobs even those of the door kickers require lots of knowledge skill and intelligence of how to correctly implement and use said weapon systems or equipment. Hell if you lose your Officer, SEL, and Corpsman the company is effectively gimped, and it is on those 18-20-year-olds to execute orders, figure out the best plan of attack, and rescue. It's not something for the faint of heart. Not to mention many of us (myself included) are taking advantage of going to college. In fact just to get to the higher ranks you need a Master's or higher and that is just to see E7! Essentially telling enlisted folks that you have to know more than just your job.

The LGBTQ community. We have no problems with them, in fact, many of my best friends are gay. What we do take issue with is sex change. Many of us believe it's either you have the operation done and you're your gender from MEPS and boot camp or you wait until you do your time and get out. We don't have problems with Trans people; we do have problems with the logistical manner and the comfortability of people within the unit. In other words, if you're a male and want a sex change, you have to bunk with females before your reassignment surgery. Most females are not comfortable with this aspect currently, neither are most males. So there is that.

Now for the elephant in the room sexual assault. Yes, it is a problem in the military, but in reality, it is a problem with the world as a whole. No fucking means NO!!! I don't understand nor get why people can't seem to understand this aspect, and it's a big factor for me as for why I don't drink, and I make sure my partner doesn't drink before relations. So on average in JUST the United States alone 1 in 6 women claim that they have been sexually assaulted. As far as the military is concerned yes, the number will be higher as well, fewer women mean the average will go up. HOWEVER, we have near constant training on how to defend and or get someone out of those situations. I have stopped several assaults from happening, and that was by EXPATs in Fukuoka. Military wise I have stopped one. I will say though to say that we are all just out to rape women couldn't be any farther from the truth! As for the idiots in Roppongi, if I were there I would have helmed them the fuck up and let them know what was up, there is no excuse for that kind of behavior and honestly, they do not know how to do dirt and stay hidden. By doing dirt, I mean breaking curfew to go to clubs and have fun and drink and what not, but always responsible and NEVER drawing attention to yourself like those dumbasses.

As stated I am a salty ass e4, I know how to have fun but be responsible, I do my best to be respectful, I am somewhat of a Liberal at heart, and yes I voted for Obama (sorry to disappoint some of you), I like to consider myself intelligent, though my grammar sucks and I know it still working on it, I deeply care for those around me and try to be the best I can be with a good moral center. I am not perfect but dammit I am trying. So please do not label us as dumb racist bigoted rednecks because that is not a reflection of me or the Military as a whole.
I’m a heterosexual dude but I love you !
Badly need people to reconcile us with America , you’re one of them :kiss:

OK I wont quote either.

Who supported who in the primaries is much less meaningful than who supported who in the election. Veterans voted about 60/40 for Trump. Active voted 50/50 which is shocking given the high proportion of POC in the military. The Military is part of Trumps base. No question about it. I would agree with your assertion that many of the white guys who join up find themselves behaving less racist once they are in. That is a good thing, but it doesn't change the fact that, as an institution overall, there is too much bigotry and racism. There are just too many reports of LGTBQ harrrassment for me to agree to your assertion that the military has 'no problem'. You can't say that the military has no problem when many people inside the military obviously do. The military is a staunchly conservative organization. The only reason any progress at all has been made in this area is because socially liberal elements in civilian society have pushed very hard for change. Please dont try to equate sexual assault in the military with sexual assault in US civilian society. The rates are higher in the military by magnitudes. We agree that there has been progress made and I have seen instances with my own eyes where officers have taken soldiers to task for loutish behavior. If you are an officer, maybe you could come and stand on a street near my house this Saturday? There will be a group of Our Finest walking by with open beverages and no shirts. If a local young lady walks by, you can bet she will get their unwanted attention. I believe what you say in your closing remarks about yourself to be true. I also believe that the military as a whole is not all dumb racist, bigoted rednecks. I never said that they were all bad. Unfortunately, there are enough bad eggs to give exactly that impression. Many of us would like to see our country better represented. Keep trying and stop the denying.

OK I wont quote either.

Who supported who in the primaries is much less meaningful than who supported who in the election. Veterans voted about 60/40 for Trump. Active voted 50/50 which is shocking given the high proportion of POC in the military. The Military is part of Trumps base. No question about it. I would agree with your assertion that many of the white guys who join up find themselves behaving less racist once they are in. That is a good thing, but it doesn't change the fact that, as an institution overall, there is too much bigotry and racism. There are just too many reports of LGTBQ harrrassment for me to agree to your assertion that the military has 'no problem'. You can't say that the military has no problem when many people inside the military obviously do. The military is a staunchly conservative organization. The only reason any progress at all has been made in this area is because socially liberal elements in civilian society have pushed very hard for change. Please dont try to equate sexual assault in the military with sexual assault in US civilian society. The rates are higher in the military by magnitudes. We agree that there has been progress made and I have seen instances with my own eyes where officers have taken soldiers to task for loutish behavior. If you are an officer, maybe you could come and stand on a street near my house this Saturday? There will be a group of Our Finest walking by with open beverages and no shirts. If a local young lady walks by, you can bet she will get their unwanted attention. I believe what you say in your closing remarks about yourself to be true. I also believe that the military as a whole is not all dumb racist, bigoted rednecks. I never said that they were all bad. Unfortunately, there are enough bad eggs to give exactly that impression. Many of us would like to see our country better represented. Keep trying and stop the denying.

I will say this, are you on the outside looking in or have you ever served?

1) Military as a whole yes is staunchly conservative however when broken down by branch you will see that this could not be any farther from the truth. The Air Force is extremely liberal in their viewpoints with slightly over 60% stating their support for Dems, Socialist or Green Parties. The Navy is right behind them with about 58% supporting 3rd Party candidates or the Dems. Where the numbers as you so correctly pointed out makes the Military in the conservative side is the Army with close to 70% supporting the Republican party and with them being the biggest branch yeah it's pure numbers here. The USMC overwhelmingly supports Trump with at the time of the Stripes poll being at 90%. I will say again to this argument that we are wholeheartedly in support of 45 is completely wrong as there is a rather large part of the military that does not agree with actions of the current commander in chief.

2) Racism, well technically no. There are some grumblings especially amongst the ranks as far as promotions because of race and what not, however, I do get it. Mind you this is coming from a black guy. The reason why I say this is that a unit promoted a black female from E3 to E6 in 6 months purely because they wanted to make their numbers look good that they have an equal and diverse crowd of leadership. This an example of racism, promoting someone based on race and sex does not do good for morale. However, the type of racism that you might be referring to such as open hostility, hate, and bigotry is for all intensive purposes not allowed and disciplined within the military, if not by the command then definitely by the members themselves. I had a Lebanese born Muslim SGT who was loved by literally everyone in the regiment, when some new boot decided to talk shit and call him a terrorist to his face, not only did his friends hold him back from stomping on him, but they actually put a whooping on his ass for insulting him like that. Yes, it does get out that intolerance is in the military and yes there are reports but AGAIN!!! I have to point to society as a whole that we see the same thing outside of the Military.

3) Again yes there are reports about LGBTQ Harassment, but again I point you to my previous comment. It is simply not tolerated, not to mention the vast majority of us really don't care as long as you can do your job well and efficiently and does not interfere with work. This is why I said what I said about Trans in the Military. Then again, I am primarily talking from a Navy and Marines side of the house things. I once again say that society as a whole has a problem and whether you like it or not, the military is drawing from THAT society.

4) Again it is a numbers game here, and yes it is staunchly conservative. However, I would dare say Army and Marines. With officers especially those who are not mustangs, they tend to be more liberal in their viewpoints, however, keep to themselves. It is why 3rd Party candidates are largely popular in the Military. However, most of us do a lesser of two evils at the polling booth.

5) Those socially liberal elements have actually damaged many of things in the military. Just saying. The only thing that I do agree with that was great was the repeal of DADT. Even if you have friends in the Military check their FB and look at the memes, they share. Most of them are about the new military being soft, hell just going on YouTube will pull up any number of said videos. What those elements did was effectively gimp junior leadership and not placing trust within those NCOs to handle things at the lowest level possible while at the same time instilling good order and discipline. What you see now is people getting promoted way to fast who should not have been promoted doing things that well are not in the best interest of the Military as a whole.

6) I can and absolutely will equate sexual assault to civilian society. When assholes like Brock Turner get a slap on the fucking wrist, you damn right I am going to equate it back to civilian society because once again, where does the Military draw from? SOCIETY! Therefore it is a systemic problem that needs to be addressed as a whole. The military does it's absolute best if not better at times in trying to help victims of assault. Yes, reporting is low even among men, but reporting is also low in civilian SOCIETY!!! The rates are higher because again it's numbers. Take 10 out of 100 you get 10% now take 10 out of 100,000? Do you see where I am coming from here? Even though that reporting is high, goddammit we do our best to address the issue and try to fix it.

7) Again, I stop foolish behavior, and once again this is an example of poor small unit leadership. I can not tell you how many times I have taken out my juniors and when one of them starts acting up I correct them fast and in a hurry. In fact, I often share this video with them before going out on the town

8) We do have bad eggs, but how would you like it if someone called you a racist when you're not, or equate horrible things to you when you're not any of those at all. I don't want to be judged by a few bad eggs, but by the actions that I have done here since I have been in Japan. For example, I helped out in Asakura when the landslide happened, clearing out mud from homes and the devastation was so massive that it pissed off many us that we were used as a PR stunt when we had to leave after 4 hours and couldn't go back. You know what some of us did? Took time out on our weekends to travel back just to help. I constantly volunteer my time at a local orphanage because I love putting smiles on those young kids faces, so much so that they call me "Inu" because of the bulldog tattoo on my arm. My friend and coworker provided CPR to a local while everyone stood around not knowing what to do after they touched an electrical power line. His actions saved that person life. A sailor took the time to take a young child home near Yokosuka because she was not allowed on the train without an Adult past a certain time, even though he was heading back to base and knew taking her back home would break curfew he knew it was the right thing to do. No one wants to remember the good we do and it is A LOT, but they sure as shit are willing to remember the bad and throw it in our face.

Reactions: TheScientist
I will say this, are you on the outside looking in or have you ever served?

1) Military as a whole yes is staunchly conservative however when broken down by branch you will see that this could not be any farther from the truth. The Air Force is extremely liberal in their viewpoints with slightly over 60% stating their support for Dems, Socialist or Green Parties. The Navy is right behind them with about 58% supporting 3rd Party candidates or the Dems. Where the numbers as you so correctly pointed out makes the Military in the conservative side is the Army with close to 70% supporting the Republican party and with them being the biggest branch yeah it's pure numbers here. The USMC overwhelmingly supports Trump with at the time of the Stripes poll being at 90%. I will say again to this argument that we are wholeheartedly in support of 45 is completely wrong as there is a rather large part of the military that does not agree with actions of the current commander in chief.

2) Racism, well technically no. There are some grumblings especially amongst the ranks as far as promotions because of race and what not, however, I do get it. Mind you this is coming from a black guy. The reason why I say this is that a unit promoted a black female from E3 to E6 in 6 months purely because they wanted to make their numbers look good that they have an equal and diverse crowd of leadership. This an example of racism, promoting someone based on race and sex does not do good for morale. However, the type of racism that you might be referring to such as open hostility, hate, and bigotry is for all intensive purposes not allowed and disciplined within the military, if not by the command then definitely by the members themselves. I had a Lebanese born Muslim SGT who was loved by literally everyone in the regiment, when some new boot decided to talk shit and call him a terrorist to his face, not only did his friends hold him back from stomping on him, but they actually put a whooping on his ass for insulting him like that. Yes, it does get out that intolerance is in the military and yes there are reports but AGAIN!!! I have to point to society as a whole that we see the same thing outside of the Military.

3) Again yes there are reports about LGBTQ Harassment, but again I point you to my previous comment. It is simply not tolerated, not to mention the vast majority of us really don't care as long as you can do your job well and efficiently and does not interfere with work. This is why I said what I said about Trans in the Military. Then again, I am primarily talking from a Navy and Marines side of the house things. I once again say that society as a whole has a problem and whether you like it or not, the military is drawing from THAT society.

4) Again it is a numbers game here, and yes it is staunchly conservative. However, I would dare say Army and Marines. With officers especially those who are not mustangs, they tend to be more liberal in their viewpoints, however, keep to themselves. It is why 3rd Party candidates are largely popular in the Military. However, most of us do a lesser of two evils at the polling booth.

5) Those socially liberal elements have actually damaged many of things in the military. Just saying. The only thing that I do agree with that was great was the repeal of DADT. Even if you have friends in the Military check their FB and look at the memes, they share. Most of them are about the new military being soft, hell just going on YouTube will pull up any number of said videos. What those elements did was effectively gimp junior leadership and not placing trust within those NCOs to handle things at the lowest level possible while at the same time instilling good order and discipline. What you see now is people getting promoted way to fast who should not have been promoted doing things that well are not in the best interest of the Military as a whole.

6) I can and absolutely will equate sexual assault to civilian society. When assholes like Brock Turner get a slap on the fucking wrist, you damn right I am going to equate it back to civilian society because once again, where does the Military draw from? SOCIETY! Therefore it is a systemic problem that needs to be addressed as a whole. The military does it's absolute best if not better at times in trying to help victims of assault. Yes, reporting is low even among men, but reporting is also low in civilian SOCIETY!!! The rates are higher because again it's numbers. Take 10 out of 100 you get 10% now take 10 out of 100,000? Do you see where I am coming from here? Even though that reporting is high, goddammit we do our best to address the issue and try to fix it.

7) Again, I stop foolish behavior, and once again this is an example of poor small unit leadership. I can not tell you how many times I have taken out my juniors and when one of them starts acting up I correct them fast and in a hurry. In fact, I often share this video with them before going out on the town

8) We do have bad eggs, but how would you like it if someone called you a racist when you're not, or equate horrible things to you when you're not any of those at all. I don't want to be judged by a few bad eggs, but by the actions that I have done here since I have been in Japan. For example, I helped out in Asakura when the landslide happened, clearing out mud from homes and the devastation was so massive that it pissed off many us that we were used as a PR stunt when we had to leave after 4 hours and couldn't go back. You know what some of us did? Took time out on our weekends to travel back just to help. I constantly volunteer my time at a local orphanage because I love putting smiles on those young kids faces, so much so that they call me "Inu" because of the bulldog tattoo on my arm. My friend and coworker provided CPR to a local while everyone stood around not knowing what to do after they touched an electrical power line. His actions saved that person life. A sailor took the time to take a young child home near Yokosuka because she was not allowed on the train without an Adult past a certain time, even though he was heading back to base and knew taking her back home would break curfew he knew it was the right thing to do. No one wants to remember the good we do and it is A LOT, but they sure as shit are willing to remember the bad and throw it in our face.

No I have not served. Asking that question though implies that I dont know what am talking about or at least I have a less accurate picture than you. Not really fair. Taxpaying citizens pay your salary so we have a right to comment and ultimately pass judgement. And I would conversely argue that, as a member, you are prone to want to deny the problems of the organization into which you have invested your life. I might have a less biased perspective than you.

It seems like we are not arguing about the existence of these problems, only about the degree to which they exist. And I doubt we will ever agree on that. At least not as long as I am picking up empty beer cans left on the streets of my neighborhood by USM, and more seriously, as long as these same guys continue to rape and sometimes murder Japanese women or little girls every few years. That is a real problem, right? But of course you can explain these problems. You can put them into context: the military has problems, but everyone else has problems too. Not buying it. Anyway, I do appreciate the work you and your comrades are doing.

No I have not served. Asking that question though implies that I dont know what am talking about or at least I have a less accurate picture than you. Not really fair. Taxpaying citizens pay your salary so we have a right to comment and ultimately pass judgement. And I would conversely argue that, as a member, you are prone to want to deny the problems of the organization into which you have invested your life. I might have a less biased perspective than you.

It seems like we are not arguing about the existence of these problems, only about the degree to which they exist. And I doubt we will ever agree on that. At least not as long as I am picking up empty beer cans left on the streets of my neighborhood by USM, and more seriously, as long as these same guys continue to rape and sometimes murder Japanese women or little girls every few years. That is a real problem, right? But of course you can explain these problems. You can put them into context: the military has problems, but everyone else has problems too. Not buying it. Anyway, I do appreciate the work you and your comrades are doing.

Like I said, outside looking in and it is a fair statement to make, unfortunately as stated you only want to see the bad as with every answer given has only proven my point further.

1) Yes, taxpaying citizens to include myself pay my salary. I will add though when that judgment as you have so stated is on me or many others that I work with who do not deserve said judgment then yeah I will call it out. We are all not baby-killing, raping machines, in fact, we hate them just as much as you do. Again I still stand by my original argument that it is still a societal issue when it comes to sexual assault and to say that it's the military is the problem is beyond ridiculous. One can easily say the same about Frats, Sororities, sports teams, etc...So again your issue is with society, not the organization.

2) LOL, ball face lies that I deny problems. I am enlisted son. Do you know what that means? We complain about anything and everything. When we see a problem, we call it out, hate to break it to you. Seriously, if something is fucked up, we fix it.

3) The degree to which you and I are talking about is VASTLY different. You are essentially calling out the entire military for being too dumb to care about any problems that you have addressed. The amount of idiots doing idiotic things and or murder and raping as you so eloquently put it is far fewer than what you think. Especially out here in Japan.

4) Your litter argument is ridiculous. I suggest going to Roppongi, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Akihabara, or Harajuku. So if you're getting mad at military personnel littering, why don't you also get mad at the other tourists and expats doing the same in those wards? They can probably use your help after all.

5) What same guys? Seriously. Tell me what same guys? Because last I heard they are all in Jail serving time in a Japanese prison for them to only get out once their sentences are over with to serve time in a Military Brig, then once after that Serve time again in a State Penn. If you are commenting on the social standards again, I point to society, as when I was in Tokyo, I came across two Indian guys who kept on trying to harass my friend and her sister. They didn't understand the meaning of no, or they were not interested. Somehow these losers get a pass in your book apparently because they are civilians. The real problem is happening in SOCIETY man, and you are directing your anger and frustration at an organization when in reality you should be turning your head to those around you. Just saying, man.

I don't appreciate being associated with people who are the lowest forms of human garbage just because I decided to serve. I am not one of them nor is the vast majority, and the sad part is you don't get it and never will. As long as you are looking for someone to blame for the issues society has, then I guess we are your bad guy then.

Reactions: TheScientist
Like I said, outside looking in and it is a fair statement to make, unfortunately as stated you only want to see the bad as with every answer given has only proven my point further.

1) Yes, taxpaying citizens to include myself pay my salary. I will add though when that judgment as you have so stated is on me or many others that I work with who do not deserve said judgment then yeah I will call it out. We are all not baby-killing, raping machines, in fact, we hate them just as much as you do. Again I still stand by my original argument that it is still a societal issue when it comes to sexual assault and to say that it's the military is the problem is beyond ridiculous. One can easily say the same about Frats, Sororities, sports teams, etc...So again your issue is with society, not the organization.

2) LOL, ball face lies that I deny problems. I am enlisted son. Do you know what that means? We complain about anything and everything. When we see a problem, we call it out, hate to break it to you. Seriously, if something is fucked up, we fix it.

3) The degree to which you and I are talking about is VASTLY different. You are essentially calling out the entire military for being too dumb to care about any problems that you have addressed. The amount of idiots doing idiotic things and or murder and raping as you so eloquently put it is far fewer than what you think. Especially out here in Japan.

4) Your litter argument is ridiculous. I suggest going to Roppongi, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Akihabara, or Harajuku. So if you're getting mad at military personnel littering, why don't you also get mad at the other tourists and expats doing the same in those wards? They can probably use your help after all.

5) What same guys? Seriously. Tell me what same guys? Because last I heard they are all in Jail serving time in a Japanese prison for them to only get out once their sentences are over with to serve time in a Military Brig, then once after that Serve time again in a State Penn. If you are commenting on the social standards again, I point to society, as when I was in Tokyo, I came across two Indian guys who kept on trying to harass my friend and her sister. They didn't understand the meaning of no, or they were not interested. Somehow these losers get a pass in your book apparently because they are civilians. The real problem is happening in SOCIETY man, and you are directing your anger and frustration at an organization when in reality you should be turning your head to those around you. Just saying, man.

I don't appreciate being associated with people who are the lowest forms of human garbage just because I decided to serve. I am not one of them nor is the vast majority, and the sad part is you don't get it and never will. As long as you are looking for someone to blame for the issues society has, then I guess we are your bad guy then.

I haven't said a single negative thing about you personally, have I? If you are worried about being associated with something negative (you seem to be and you should be), then I advise you to be careful of the company you keep. That is the way membership organizations work. You represent them and they represent you. Look how many service people left after Abu Ghriab. They didn't want to be associated with that anymore. Who would? The rapes and garbage and drunken bad behavior are real to me. I live with it. I told you about the drunken vomiting fool in our elementary school, didnt I? Jesus Christ. That was one of the most embarassing moments in my life as an American in Japan. You can try to explain by equating it to civilian behavior, but the fact is that you are uniformed representatives of US government abroad. You should be held to a much higher standard than the average citizen, and you should achieve that high standard. Some of you, too many of you in my opinion, don't achieve the standard. As I said before and will say again, stop denying and keep trying.