The Anything Goes Thread

EA849143-E7D5-42AB-8FB2-FC75251180A6.jpeg

In Canada, they know how to warn the dumb tourists...

Couldn’t sleep well last night, so had some time to rewatch HEAT (1995), directed by Michael Mann.
Here’s some trivia from a 2015 Mental Floss article about the film:

One of Heat’s most iconic moments is the climactic 10-minute shootout scene, which was filmed every Saturday and Sunday in downtown L.A. for six weeks. The actors trained with men from the British Special Air Service (SAS) and at the L.A. County Sheriff’s combat shooting ranges. “We did everything for real,” Mann told Deadline. “[The actors] got so good that the footage of Val Kilmer, firing in two directions and doing a reload without a cut, they used that at Fort Bragg for Special Forces training.”

British friends,
A hard Brexit is the best option
We’re all tired of this charade
Make it hard... and fast , like a rough quickie between two desperate teenagers on the roof of a collapsing building in a war zone...

I , Frenchy, support Boris Johnson and I’m not ashamed! Also he has great hair and shoes.

Reactions: Flex and nishikigoi
British friends,
A hard Brexit is the best option
We’re all tired of this charade
Make it hard... and fast , like a rough quickie between two desperate teenagers on the roof of a collapsing building in a war zone...

I , Frenchy, support Boris Johnson and I’m not ashamed! Also he has great hair and shoes.

It’s not the best option...

Its the only one now. So in a way it’s the best. :)

It will be delayed now, due Boris losing a majority. Also leaving on a "no deal"is terrible. It needs to go back to referendum as too many lies and scaremongering were told in order for people to vote leave.

It will be delayed now, due Boris losing a majority. Also leaving on a "no deal"is terrible. It needs to go back to referendum as too many lies and scaremongering were told in order for people to vote leave.
Yes but 31 October was already a delayed date... not sure we want to perpetually delay and accomodate the whims of people who said they want to leave and then have no plan to actually do it and then constantly refuse the negotiated solutions and then say wait we still need an agreement. Leave. Or Stay. But stop being paralyzed in the middle of the road...

Last edited:
Ah! I’m not the only one here interested in UK politics... :D
anyway Farage is ready so I guess it’s all going to be alright
Shorted the GBP long ago so these are my heroes now :)

AFCE3391-FE31-46CD-AB9D-F6316AFE330C.png
Jacob Rees-Mogg is in no hurry.

Also the baseball world series is always won by a team from USA.