The Anything Goes Thread

Eh, illegal clips on a third-party website will not have an impact. Moreover, they have already made their money from sponsors, so ultimately, boycotting did fuck all except for me feeling like I did the right thing - which matters not! I also do not hold it against anyone who did watch though, unlike quite a lot of people...
For what it's worth I may or may have not watched full WC matches on third party sites. I chose sleep last night though because I will be doing it with a lady later tonight. 1-0 to Morals.

Reactions: Cinnabums
Eh, illegal clips on a third-party website will not have an impact. Moreover, they have already made their money from sponsors, so ultimately, boycotting did fuck all except for me feeling like I did the right thing - which matters not! I also do not hold it against anyone who did watch though, unlike quite a lot of people...
Given that the previous Cup was in Russia I wonder what will be next … Iran? North Korea?

Reactions: MikeH
We’re on TAG mein freund . Having morals is not really a prerequisite here
I see little to no immoral activities being encouraged here. Fuck anyone that thinks a woman or man being open sexually and willing to profit or pay for it is being immoral. Financing or supporting the slave labor and abuses in Qatar is horrendous.

I see little to no immoral activities being encouraged here. Fuck anyone that thinks a woman or man being open sexually and willing to profit or pay for it is being immoral. Financing or supporting the slave labor and abuses in Qatar is horrendous.
I get what you mean, I also think that what free and consenting adults do with their body and money is their own business. And slave labor is indeed horrendous. In any country (it’s not a Qatar monopoly)

😟

0B2BA0BE-C5E7-417B-8F2B-840B40E81AFD.jpeg

As a Bayern fan, I was fairly confident at beating PSG in the CL before this world cup started. Defense looked solid, team was playing great.

Now after the world cup, there's gonna be a mad Mbappe with an elated Messi playing against us, Hernandez is out injured, Neuer the bellend went skiing and practically ended his career and all German and French players on our team will be depressed. Fuck my life.

As a Bayern fan, I was fairly confident at beating PSG in the CL before this world cup started. Defense looked solid, team was playing great.

Now after the world cup, there's gonna be a mad Mbappe with an elated Messi playing against us, Hernandez is out injured, Neuer the bellend went skiing and practically ended his career and all German and French players on our team will be depressed. Fuck my life.
Become a Freiburg fan? They have Doan right?

I don't know. I don't like the double standard about these discussions....when we buy cheap oil from these crooked states who don't care about human rights everybody is silent and accepts it because you are not confronted with it daily and benefit.......but when it comes to football all of this suddenly becomes an issue and people try to be "moral". It feels strange.

I don't know. I don't like the double standard about these discussions....when we buy cheap oil from these crooked states who don't care about human rights everybody is silent and accepts it because you are not confronted with it daily and benefit.......but when it comes to football all of this suddenly becomes an issue and people try to be "moral". It feels strange.
Yes. I can understand this too. Fuck I agree with everybody on TAG now! What has my old self become? 😄

Reactions: Danbo
This is a point that always gets brought up and is a pretty bad argument in my opinion, because you can do this ad nauseum with literally everything on the planet....

This is a point that always gets brought up and is a pretty bad argument in my opinion, because you can do this ad nauseum with literally everything on the planet....

Yeah of course you can apply it to everything. Hating the destructive powers of capitalism but still buying the latest I-phone that has been assembled by slaves. Hating on big corporations but still spending most of your money on their products etc.

Because we are living in a highly connected society it is impossible to not partake in things that are deeply unethical. I just have a problem with discussions that seem dishonest and try to push a certain narrative. A lot of comments about this world cup were just ridiculous and painted it to be the worst thing that has happened in recent days. All western countries are supplying weapons to states that use them to kill civilians and commit atrocities.....but as soon as it's about football it gets "unethical" and politicians start to boycott it. Just seems fucking schizophrenic.

Yeah of course you can apply it to everything. Hating the destructive powers of capitalism but still buying the latest I-phone that has been assembled by slaves. Hating on big corporations but still spending most of your money on their products etc.

Because we are living in a highly connected society it is impossible to not partake in things that are deeply unethical. I just have a problem with discussions that seem dishonest and try to push a certain narrative. A lot of comments about this world cup were just ridiculous and painted it to be the worst thing that has happened in recent days. All western countries are supplying weapons to states that use them to kill civilians and commit atrocities.....but as soon as it's about football it gets "unethical" and politicians start to boycott it. Just seems fucking schizophrenic.

So the alternatives are either moving to the mountains with no modern luxuries or not criticising anyone about anything because you are partaking?

I agree that having all that criticism for the world cup is a bit hypocritical but isn't it still better than letting everything go?

WTF BoJ ?
There goes my early retirement plans.
(sorry this is anything goes right?)

Background

Wow, seems euro went down more than 3% in a blink of an eye. I mean we need to think positively, if this continues it will be more expensive for the tourists to come over.

Wow, seems euro went down more than 3% in a blink of an eye. I mean we need to think positively, if this continues it will be more expensive for the tourists to come over.

Fuck....3% just like that is insane. Hope it comes back a bit in the upcoming hours.....

Reactions: MikeH
Wtf, stop. I have half a year left here and enjoyed my damn Euros. Fuck, I need to withdraw money soon too...

Also, just walked around Shinjuku for an hour or so and good lord, nothing makes me want to stay inside and hide my face more than being there. I look like a fucking Gollum even when I dress up compared to these people.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: YokoMonger
Reports of sulphur smells across Japan. I just got a whiff now walking through Marunouchi. Anyone else?

Reactions: Cinnabums