The #MeToo Madness is convulsing America

Thanks. I just didn’t want to put much effort into posting these links after my post was turned into the butt of the joke. As you can see these papers can be found in Harvard database and I am not dreaming..
Yes now that wanderer has ruined my attempt at covering up the existence of the Harvard Cosmic Engineering Papers, I might as well come completely clean. But you must all swear to absolute secrecy! These papers do exist. I tried to discourage Simonka from talking about them as it is a matter of national security. They are secured in a secret vault 1,500 meters below the surface of Harvard square and can only be accessed by a titanium door elevator that requires a special Pasmo card to open. These papers came to earth in 1944 when a small spacecraft, piloted by a tanuki, crashed in the Mohave dessert. The tanuki survived and has since gone on to star in a Disney movie called Gardians of the Galaxy.

Reactions: TheScientist
When you all were talking about science fiction, I thought you were talking about global warming and climate change. The history of the development of science should not be confused with fiction. Rather undeveloped tech is just that, undeveloped. Science fiction is like when you have a rumor of a spaceship that had martians in it, but no evidence. Or a corn or wheat field perfectly cut to fool people into thinking that a spaceship landed in podunk Iowa. Stuff like that. Unrealized things in themselves are not science fiction because they are possible. I would imagine that in future it will be possible to grow new organs based on your own genetic code. I’ve seen the Petri dish ears and noses on a science channel. It’s possible that I might be wrong about what is the progression of the development of technology v the application of science within limits of the thinking of scientists.

We are all wrong way more often than we are right and that includes scientists too. But they know that it’s by getting it wrong many times , you can ultimately get it right.

Ugh. Flat earthers :(
kbwphs.jpg

Too many ways to look at science fiction and what it means really. But most of us don’t classify certain things as science fiction in the sense that it’s fake. Not yet developed, sure, but fake? If you can think it, it can be realized at some point. Look at the helicopter as an example. It was sketched. In a sense, that made it science reality at that moment.

The Earth isn’t round but oval shaped. But I’d find it hard to believe that a ship just falls off a cliff.

The Earth isn’t round but oval shaped. But I’d find it hard to believe that a ship just falls off a cliff.
Why is it that every time some poor slob makes the grave error of saying, “The earth is round”, there is always this other guy very close by who is just waiting there to say, “Ah, well no actually the earth is oval”. He is just waiting there. I am so tired of it. That guy has been there so long and proclaimed the earth to be oval so many times that we all knew long, long ago that the earth was oval. And I got news for him. Guess what? The earth is round ENOUGH to be called round.

Why is it that every time some poor slob makes the grave error of saying, “The earth is round”, there is always this other guy very close by who is just waiting there to say, “Ah, well no actually the earth is oval”. He is just waiting there. I am so tired of it. That guy has been there so long and proclaimed the earth to be oval so many times that we all knew long, long ago that the earth was oval. And I got news for him. Guess what? The earth is round ENOUGH to be called round.
Hmmmm, Buta-san, you need to empty your balls. Recently you get cranky about anything and everything (especially cosmos related). Get your rocks off! :)

Hmmmm, Buta-san, you need to empty your balls. Recently you get cranky about anything and everything (especially cosmos related). Get your rocks off! :)
My balls?!!! Yea they are oval shaped. But most people would say they are round. See what I mean?

Reactions: TheScientist
"None are so blind as those who will not see."

-Ww
It’s okay to be ignorant as we cannot be knowledgeable about everything. However when someone tries to debunk something that’s already a common topic of research to reputable astrophysicists using sarcastic words such as “Super Galaxy Adventure faculty” I just feel second hand embarrassment for them. If you want to be rude and mean at least make sure you have some information beforehand.

Anyway, I apologize for going off topic and I hope we can be a little more respectful to each other on TAG!

Last edited:
The history of the development of science should not be confused with fiction. Rather undeveloped tech is just that, undeveloped.

First of all its not reasonable to conflate science and technology as a fully overlapping set. We do know from first hand writing of scientists and engineers that the development of some sciences and some of the engineering resulting in familiar technologies are in fact inspired by fiction.

Science fiction is like when you have a rumor of a spaceship that had martians in it, but no evidence. Or a corn or wheat field perfectly cut to fool people into thinking that a spaceship landed in podunk Iowa. Stuff like that.

I think perhaps you arent familiar with the genre or were only exposed to a very very limited set of the genre.

Unrealized things in themselves are not science fiction because they are possible.

Take a look at the history of nuclear powered rockets. They were indeed deemed "possible" but not actually possible to implement due to known limitations in materials engineering, physics and chemistry.

words such as “Super Galaxy Adventure faculty”

Come to think of it, were a department renamed that way, they might just end up with lots more grant funding!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland

Just for the sake of further annoying nitpicky geekiness, the earth is ***spherical***, not round, ENOUGH to be called spherical.

-Ww

Just for the sake of further annoying nitpicky geekiness, the earth is ***spherical***, not round, ENOUGH to be called spherical.

-Ww
And just for the sake of Being an Obvious Dick, if someone calls the earth round, or calls a ball round or an orange round, they should be left unmolested. You know exactly what they mean and the only point of telling them that the earth is oval shaped or spherical is to make yourself look smart at their expense.

the only point of telling them that the earth is oval shaped or spherical is to make yourself look smart at their expense.

Nah, that's not the motivation. I'd consider that a waste of effort because so many people do it for me on their own without any help from me (at their expense).

I'll give you a hint about my actual motivation: See @Simonka's post immediately following mine. A few more nitpicky posts like that, and I figure she will be throwing herself at me! :D

-Ww

Last edited:
Nah, that's not the motivation. I'd consider that a waste of effort because so many people do it for me on their own without any help from me (at their expense).

I'll give you a hint about my actual motivation: See @Simonka's post immediately following mine. A few more nitpicky posts like that, and I figure she will be throwing herself at me! :D

-Ww
Good luck with that. And be careful what you wish for.