The Next US President is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for today’s address of President-elect Joe Biden and VP-elect Kamala Harris.

2BDD00BB-F773-4491-AE6E-071FE0A2183C.jpeg

Jokes aside, how much of a lame duck will Incumbent POTUS Trump be until Jan 2021? Will nothing tangible get done, especially with another deadly wave of COVID-19 now, until POTUS-elect Biden is elected?

Edit: I think I read somewhere of a compromise between GOP-controlled Senate and POTUS-elect Biden for a stimulus before the end of the year. Or does Trump need to be on board for that?

Jokes aside, how much of a lame duck will Incumbent POTUS Trump be until Jan 2021? Will nothing tangible get done, especially with another deadly wave of COVID-19 now, until POTUS-elect Biden is elected?

Edit: I think I read somewhere of a compromise between GOP-controlled Senate and POTUS-elect Biden for a stimulus before the end of the year. Or does Trump need to be on board for that?

i was told by my conspiracy lovers friends that now the Covid19 hoax is not needed anymore anyway so lets all kiss hug and fuck without masks! Yay!

Some paid Russians apparently still don't realize we bought Alaska way back when. You see that same cut n' paste everywhere. On the opposite side as well (different cut n' paste) which is even more surprising.

Maybe those paid russians think they could sell it a second time?

Sure felt like dancing, while watching Kamala and Biden speak.
But I chose to follow these wise words from The Birdcage.

- Best assessor of the election’s impact on love hotels in Tokyo: @MikeH

Even if that award is not contested in the courts I think we need a cool down period of a few months before we can say for sure there was no effect.

Still I am as sure about my victory as Trump is about his.

Moderation Note: We'll let this thread continue until sometime after the inauguration in January 2021 of President-Elect Biden and VP-Elect Harris. That is currently slated to occur on January 20, 2021 (WED).

Tentatively aiming for a closing date of January 31st.

Thank you.

Hilarious....news conference at the Four Seasons :LOL:

This is how the Trump campaign ends, not with a bang, but with a hastily thrown together press conference in the parking lot of Four Seasons Total Landscaping in northeast Philadelphia, across the street from a crematorium and just down the block from Fantasy Island adult book store.
How that unassuming setting came to serve as the backdrop for Rudy Giuliani’s latest – and perhaps last – attempt to undermine the election with specious allegations of voter fraud was one of the great mysteries of the presidential campaign (right up there with who stole Tucker Carlson’s mail and when Giuliani is going to let journalists from a non-Murdoch publication examine Hunter Biden’s supposed hard drive).
Many assumed that the Trump campaign had simply made a mistake and booked the landscaping business instead of the luxury hotel – a theory whose plausibility was supported by the fact that Trump initially tweeted, “Lawyers News Conference Four Seasons, Philadelphia. 11:00 am,” before deleting the message and clarifying that he meant the landscaping business (established 1992). It is not entirely out of character for those connected to Trump to make a mistake and just go with it, after all (remember covfefe?).
But according to the New York Times, the campaign always intended to hold the press conference at Four Seasons Total Landscaping (a minority- and woman-owned business safety certified with the state of Pennsylvania). Previous Trump campaign press conferences held in downtown Philadelphia had been drowned out by crowds of rowdy Biden supporters chanting and playing music, according to the report, and they wanted a friendlier environment.
And so it was that Giuliani was standing in front of a dozen or so Trump lawn signs taped to the garage door of a commercial landscaping company whose biggest clients include the Philadelphia International Airport and the Northeast Philadelphia Airport when he learned that the AP and all the networks had called the race for Joe Biden.
“I called to ask about needing a big load of fresh manure,” wrote one Yelp reviewer on Saturday. “They said they had a new load coming in later this morning.”

Reactions: just4fun and Sudsy
Im not a big fan of The Guardian, usually, but I hope they are right in this article about what we can expect now from the US on the global stage

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ted-states-look-like-to-the-rest-of-the-world

I hope so too and what they mention as what would be wise for the Biden admin to focus on, namely identifying and building a network of democracies. Something with a bit more teeth than the U.N., perhaps that has commitments put in place that if/when the Regressive party/Trump v2 takes over again will pay a steep and heavy price for violating. Now is the time to make some changes to USA's fundamental laws and commitments to start the process of permanently neutering the GOP.

But...that's really a pipe dream. So the best we can hope for is more fragmentation like the Tea Party, QAnon and other imbeciles on the far right to divide and conquer themselves. Their own worst enemy is themselves.

Reactions: maikeru
Status
Not open for further replies.