Guest viewing is limited

The Yoshiwara Soapland Resource Thread

So my first time posting thought I would talk about my disappointing first attempted experience trying to get into a Soap Land. It was a few months ago on my trip to Japan used these forums wealth of knowledge to do my research and mustered up the courage to try one out. The place was called Mr. Dandy II and I speak a little Japanese and I'm Asian and found the place without having any problems when I entered the Tencho asked if I spoke Japanese and I replied a little bit and he immediately ushered me a few doors down and showed me a bunch of cards of girls that where not only much older and none of them where on the roster for Mr Dandy. Got the impression if I was fluent he would have let me into the shop.

I asked what's going on, and can't remember his reply but something about this is all that's available. Looked over the cards for awhile but nothing caught my eye, the rate was cheaper than what I was expecting to pay but the whole experience was a big turn off since it was not what I came for so after a short bit I thanked him and left. Was set on the younger girls than what was offered and the reason I chose this shop was the whole Cosplay aspect, but after being rejected I ended up heading back to my hotel.

Now I plan on visiting Japan again in the next few months and when I go I don't want to deal with this BS again.

Money is not a issue I've done my research and have a idea what each shop charges, is their any shops you guys can recommend that are confirmed to let foreigners that speak a little Japanese or ones that don't mind if customers don't speak at all? Figure if they even take non-speakers it will save me the headache.

Some places I was looking into: Trendy, Kings Club, Satin Doll, Dolce

Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: lonegaijin
So my first time posting thought I would talk about my disappointing first attempted experience trying to get into a Soap Land. It was a few months ago on my trip to Japan used these forums wealth of knowledge to do my research and mustered up the courage to try one out. The place was called Mr. Dandy II and I speak a little Japanese and I'm Asian and found the place without having any problems when I entered the Tencho asked if I spoke Japanese and I replied a little bit and he immediately ushered me a few doors down and showed me a bunch of cards of girls that where not only much older and none of them where on the roster for Mr Dandy. Got the impression if I was fluent he would have let me into the shop.

I asked what's going on, and can't remember his reply but something about this is all that's available. Looked over the cards for awhile but nothing caught my eye, the rate was cheaper than what I was expecting to pay but the whole experience was a big turn off since it was not what I came for so after a short bit I thanked him and left. Was set on the younger girls than what was offered and the reason I chose this shop was the whole Cosplay aspect, but after being rejected I ended up heading back to my hotel.

Now I plan on visiting Japan again in the next few months and when I go I don't want to deal with this BS again.

Money is not a issue I've done my research and have a idea what each shop charges, is their any shops you guys can recommend that are confirmed to let foreigners that speak a little Japanese or ones that don't mind if customers don't speak at all? Figure if they even take non-speakers it will save me the headache.

You can't really go wrong with King's Club, Dolce, Darling Harbor and Charmant. There's a lot of recent reviews of Charmant and Dolce and the girls there are young and pretty.

Reactions: Karbon
You can't really go wrong with King's Club, Dolce, Darling Harbor and Charmant. There's a lot of recent reviews of Charmant and Dolce and the girls there are young and pretty.
I don't think Charmant will take people without Japanese skill, and Dolce is a maybe. The other two should be ok.

As money is not an issue would Landmark be a good option ? Better than Satin Doll ?

As money is not an issue would Landmark be a good option ? Better than Satin Doll ?
Depends what you are after. I'd never set foot in Landmark personally because the roster does not interest me.

Agreed with the other people's comments...but wanted to chime in with your comment, "I don't want to deal with this BS again."

I understand your frustration, but what you went through is part of the process and can/will likely happen again...maybe not the same scenario, but get used it, accept it and don't let it hamper you from moving on... another point of frustration that may hit you along the road is that the girl on the card looks nothing like girl you choose, you are not interested in her...and you are stuck after paying a lot of money.... just prepping you for what I think is an inevitable situation that we all experience.

That being said, soapland is a hell of a lot of fun, and guarantees you FS... plus if there was no challenge, it wouldn't be as rewarding ...

You should be able to get service at Dolce and King's with no issue...

Good luck

Agreed with the other people's comments...but wanted to chime in with your comment, "I don't want to deal with this BS again."

I understand your frustration, but what you went through is part of the process and can/will likely happen again...maybe not the same scenario, but get used it, accept it and don't let it hamper you from moving on... another point of frustration that may hit you along the road is that the girl on the card looks nothing like girl you choose, you are not interested in her...and you are stuck after paying a lot of money.... just prepping you for what I think is an inevitable situation that we all experience.

That being said, soapland is a hell of a lot of fun, and guarantees you FS... plus if there was no challenge, it wouldn't be as rewarding ...

You should be able to get service at Dolce and King's with no issue...

Good luck
I agree, that bullshit is part of the deal. It's like pickup, you can't be afraid of rejection. Dress well, act politely and just say no if you don't like what is offered.

Yep. Japanese culture places a lot of value on appearance. If you do not look like you take the time to groom and dress yourself well, it's possible you have other moral defects. It's not as harsh as it sounds, but if you do go rock up in your board shorts, the number of photos shown to you will almost certainly decrease even in otherwise foreigner friendly shops. I've been quite a few times and I've NEVER seen a poorly dressed person in the waiting room. Foreign or otherwise.

I would like to think my appearance was not the issue that day. I'm pretty fit had a hair cut before I left for Japan, trimmed finger nails & toe nails, showered again before I headed out their, shaved, brushed and flossed for what seems like forever even mouth wash. I remember reading about hygiene being very polite and important so I went all out to be respectful. Wore a nice pair of jeans and a nice designer button up shirt. Was wearing my Casio G-Shock though since it was my first time in Japan and didn't know how big the crowds where going to be. Next time I'll probably bring my IWC or Rolex if it might give me a little more clout with getting in.

Had a pocket full of money so I could have paid 3 times over but for some reason guessing that day I had to be fluent, I look really young and sometimes can pass for Japanese at least stateside.

It was a head trip though walking through the neighborhood getting to the Soap Land district, that such a area in a big city like Tokyo exists without being shut down.

Guess I'll do my research again and this time have several places as back ups just in case I get rejected so that I have more options.

Has anyone been to Trendy their where a few girls I was interested in? I originally wanted to go to Kings Club but the girl I really wanted was always off and it seems she hardly works their even though she is still listed. Ideally would like a place that does Cosplay but it's not a deal breaker. That was the biggest reason I originally tried Mr Dandy since it was suppose to be foreigner friendly. Wish I knew about Dolce at the time but don't even know if they would have rejected me too.

Last edited:
I would like to think my appearance was not the issue that day. I'm pretty fit had a hair cut before I left for Japan, trimmed finger nails & toe nails, showered again before I headed out their, shaved, brushed and flossed for what seems like forever even mouth wash. I remember reading about hygiene very polite and important so I went all out to be respectful. Wore a nice pair of jeans and a nice designer button up shirt. Was wearing my Casio G-Shock though since it was my first time in Japan and didn't know how big the crowds where going to be. Next time I'll probably bring my IWC or Rolex if it might give me a little more clout with getting in.

Had a pocket full of money so I could have paid 3 times over but for some reason guessing that day I had to be fluent, I look really young and sometimes can pass for Japanese at least stateside.

It was a head trip though walking through the neighborhood getting to the Soap Land district, that such a area in a big city like Tokyo exists without being shut down.

Guess I'll do my research again and this time have several places as back ups just in case I get rejected so that I have more options.

Has anyone been to Trendy their where a few girls I was interested in? I originally wanted to go to Kings Club but the girl I really wanted was always off and it seems she hardly works their even though see is still listed. Ideally would like a place that does Cosplay but it's not a deal breaker. That was the biggest reason I originally tried Mr Dandy since it was suppose to be foreigner friendly. Wish I knew about Dolce at the time but don't even know if they would have rejected me too.
Why don't you just list the places you want to go from most interesting to least, and if the most interesting one rejects you or shows you girls you are not interested in, you can go to your second choice. Sure, the rejection hurts, but making the long trip for nothing really sucks.

Is it Barubola and Don Juan? Any others in Shinjuku?
There are some inside kabuki cho that may not want to take foreigners because of all the tourists there who have no clue of te drill in a soapland.

Near Shinjuku ni-chome there is the big kadoebi building. They may accept foreigners who speak Japanese well or who go with a Japanese guy together as far as i know, but the girls there are nothing special (its a budget soap).

Reactions: Far East Adventures
I hope this information below will help future soapland goers.

First of all, if you do not have a good command of the Japanese language, you will be automatically limited to just a few girls. If you are a foreigner, your choices is limited because of the old racist Japanese hags. These Japanese hags really go out their way to inquire about which girls let foreigners inside them. This in turn, Embarrasses the girl and she becomes reluctant to accept foreigners. (For example; I was at satin doll in 2016, when I saw a Japanese old man specifically inquire which girl only takes Japanese men. In my head, I was appalled but living in Japan, made me accustomed to racism. Also this wasn't the first time experiencing this so I guess I was used to it)

With all that said, here is my ranking.
#1 louvre ((this place is very expensive, but everyone here is a professional and because of its price point of 82,400yen the woman are exotic, beautiful (roughly around 20)and the service is insane (regarding mat play and fs))
#2 academy ((this place is still expensive (55,000 yen last time I went which was in 2016), but to me the woman here are beautiful but the service can vary depending on the girl))
#3 last scene/satin doll ((this place is again expensive (67,000 yen but for foreigners 77,000 yen) with Rora and rinka gone, I doubt I will go there again, but I might check it out once I get my money back up))

Sleepers : platinum stage and aqua palace. These two places are very cheap; only drawback is that they are a lot of jirais.(jirai means landmine in English)

Now if you find a soap嬢 that you feel a connection with, it is imperative that you ask her for your line id. I know some places ban exchanging contact information but I'll leave that up to your discretion. Once you are able to establish a good line of communication, if you are good, you can ask them out on a date. (店外 which means taking them outside of the shop without the shop knowing) This is probably the ultimate goal of most soapland veterans that I have spoken too.
I appoligize for my shitty English but hopefully this information will help you guys.

Once you are able to establish a good line of communication, if you are good, you can ask them out on a date. (店外 which means taking them outside of the shop without the shop knowing) This is probably the ultimate goal of most soapland veterans that I have spoken too.

While I can agree with most what was written the quoted part must be the worst piece of advice I have ever heard. All the shops I know, and not limited to soaplands, explicitly prohibit inviting the girl for a date outside of the shop (excluding of course most hostess bars which encourage dates that lead to drinking at the shop later). Even asking will get you blacklisted and at worst can they will demand a fine.

You are also getting problems for the girl and obviously for all the foreigners trying to enter that shop later. Especially if you don't speak fluent Japanese and thus cannot read the signs from the girl please don't ask to meet them outside of the shop.

Also you must be speaking to a totally different group of people than I do as none of my Japanese friends who frequent soaplands would even think about taking a girl outside. What happens in soapland stays in soapland.

While I can agree with most what was written the quoted part must be the worst piece of advice I have ever heard. All the shops I know, and not limited to soaplands, explicitly prohibit inviting the girl for a date outside of the shop (excluding of course most hostess bars which encourage dates that lead to drinking at the shop later). Even asking will get you blacklisted and at worst can they will demand a fine.

You are also getting problems for the girl and obviously for all the foreigners trying to enter that shop later. Especially if you don't speak fluent Japanese and thus cannot read the signs from the girl please don't ask to meet them outside of the shop.

Also you must be speaking to a totally different group of people than I do as none of my Japanese friends who frequent soaplands would even think about taking a girl outside. What happens in soapland stays in soapland.

Come to think of it, you are right;
Yes it is very risky and I wouldn't do it if I couldn't speak Japanese at an advanced level. Yes they will blackball you if you get caught so proceed with caution. I just wanted to state that a lot of soapland veterans partake in this kind of activity. I definitely should have put up a disclaimer

I will be in tokyo in June, i am planning my trip and i wonder if someone try Putit Royal or Rothenburg. Both soapland are written as "gaijing friendly" in this great Yoshiwara Soapland Resource Thread (thank for this great job) but i didn't find any review/remark? Did someone use the "pic up" service? thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I hope this information below will help future soapland goers.

First of all, if you do not have a good command of the Japanese language, you will be automatically limited to just a few girls. If you are a foreigner, your choices is limited because of the old racist Japanese hags. These Japanese hags really go out their way to inquire about which girls let foreigners inside them. This in turn, Embarrasses the girl and she becomes reluctant to accept foreigners. (For example; I was at satin doll in 2016, when I saw a Japanese old man specifically inquire which girl only takes Japanese men. In my head, I was appalled but living in Japan, made me accustomed to racism. Also this wasn't the first time experiencing this so I guess I was used to it)

With all that said, here is my ranking.
#1 louvre ((this place is very expensive, but everyone here is a professional and because of its price point of 82,400yen the woman are exotic, beautiful (roughly around 20)and the service is insane (regarding mat play and fs))
#2 academy ((this place is still expensive (55,000 yen last time I went which was in 2016), but to me the woman here are beautiful but the service can vary depending on the girl))
#3 last scene/satin doll ((this place is again expensive (67,000 yen but for foreigners 77,000 yen) with Rora and rinka gone, I doubt I will go there again, but I might check it out once I get my money back up))

Sleepers : platinum stage and aqua palace. These two places are very cheap; only drawback is that they are a lot of jirais.(jirai means landmine in English)

Now if you find a soap嬢 that you feel a connection with, it is imperative that you ask her for your line id. I know some places ban exchanging contact information but I'll leave that up to your discretion. Once you are able to establish a good line of communication, if you are good, you can ask them out on a date. (店外 which means taking them outside of the shop without the shop knowing) This is probably the ultimate goal of most soapland veterans that I have spoken too.
I appoligize for my shitty English but hopefully this information will help you guys.
Thank you for your input.

From the shops you rank, Academy is part of the Truth group and they do not allow foreigners in any of their shops.
I'm also doubtful about Louvre since they are sister shop to Yuzuki and Yuzuki do not allow foreigners.
Platinum Stage weren't really jumping for joy the two times I visited, I only got in because of a last minute cancelled session, and the second time they just told me to try Putit Royale instead. As such I can't really recommend them for foreigners because of this attitude.
Aqua Palace not confirmed for foreigners either, and I sort of get the feeling they should be by now if they allowed gaijin.

Since you list so many shops that according to my info do not accept foreigners, I would assume you are either Japanese or you are Asian and fooled them into thinking you were Japanese.

I'd say getting a girl's LINE is great if it means you can book her directly at the shop without involving the shop staff. I have this setup with my JAV star fave and it's amazing.
Asking for dates outside is a bad idea though, not only is it against the rules of the shops, I don't really think most girls would be interested unless you are a long time regular and she's really into you, but being seen with a foreigner should probably put most girls off this idea. If she would be seen with you basically her "career" would be over as the message board stalkers would slut shame her and force her to quit most probably.

I will be in tokyo in June, i am planning my trip and i wonder if someone try Putit Royal or Rothenburg. Both soapland are written as "gaijing friendly" in this great Yoshiwara Soapland Resource Thread (thank for this great job) but i didn't find any review/remark? Did someone use the "pic up" service? thanks in advance.
Putit Royale is one of the most reviewed shops on this forum, Rothenburg I remember one or two reviews.

Some reviews are posted as Puchi Royal(e)

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
What happens in soapland stays in soapland.
Hummmm, no agree with you Mike, my Japanese (and english also is shitty like Takeoff), but a SL girl gave me a date outside, who? i never will tell you mate ;)

and im not a veteran though.

Reactions: Far East Adventures
I've been quite a few times and I've NEVER seen a poorly dressed person in the waiting room.
Its normal, they make them climbing stairs directly ;)

Hummmm, no agree with you Mike, my Japanese (and english also is shitty like Takeoff), but a SL girl gave me a date outside, who? i never will tell you mate ;)

Didn't say it couldn't happen, just that it is not the goal for any of the guys I know. They are happy to do their adventures in safe p4p environment thus making sure it will never become issue at home.