Guest viewing is limited

What’s the best steakhouse in Tokyo?

Wolfgang puts so much butter and macadamia oil on their steaks that it makes you almost not notice that they aren't that great. The rib eye is the best cut they have, but I'd rather pay for a slab of wagyu sirloin at the supermarket at half the price.
Never been a fan of Wolfgang food. I’m glad you said that.

Um, possible confusion with Wolfgang Puck?

Wow, I have never heard this level of critique of Wolfgang. Next we will hear Peter Lugers is serving up cow turds. Different strokes for different folks I suppose! Very sad about Willis, Arnold, and Kimberly unfortunately. Indeed. :(

I’ve heard the chain bashed before but never with such comparisons. I can envision never eating at Wolfgang Fuck as a woman I dated once called it. Actually it sounded more like wanna fuck. So there she is talking in English at a rather nice hotel bar, and she says I want to eat at Wanna Fuck (Wolgang Puck) tomorrow as this waitress comes by. The look on the waitresses face was priceless. I’ve never eaten at Wolfgang Puck. Probably never will.

Um, possible confusion with Wolfgang Puck?

Wow, I have never heard this level of critique of Wolfgang. Next we will hear Peter Lugers is serving up cow turds. Different strokes for different folks I suppose! Very sad about Willis, Arnold, and Kimberly unfortunately. Indeed. :(

Nope, you mean Wolfgang's in Roppongi, right? The place where the waiters shout out "tomahawk" when they bring out a hot sizzling steak.

It's a dry aged steak place and it's good if you like that style of steak house, but their choice of beef could be a lot better. Don't see why they have to import frozen American or Australian beef. The rib eye is the best cut they have, though. The steak for 2 - 4 special is a total ripoff because the cut is horrible.

As I said, growing up in Japan, you can't help but compare tough chewy steak to melt in your mouth wagyu.

Last edited:
Ah I see...
Maybe Roppongi somehow messes it up...
I go to Marunouchi and it’s pretty subdued and true to NYC roots.
I certainly wouldn’t want anyone screaming racially questionable epithets around my meat...

The one time I went to Wolfgang Puck the service was so bad I vowed to never go back. After our mains we wanted more drinks and maybe dessert but our empty plates and glasses were left in front of us. No waiter ever came near us and they managed to avoid eye contact across the room. They weren't busy, the wait staff just stayed in the far corner hiding from everyone.

No waiter ever came near us and they managed to avoid eye contact across the room.
In situations like that remember that they will bring your shoe to you when you throw it at them - so you get your shoe back and can give them your order at the same time.

Reactions: MikeH
Ikinari Steak! 300grams of mystery meat for 1,340yen. The only problem is you have to eat standing up. I like my blowjobs standing up but I prefer to sit down for a steak. Can't beat the price though!

and their garlic rice FTW!

Ikinari Steak! 300grams of mystery meat for 1,340yen. The only problem is you have to eat standing up. I like my blowjobs standing up but I prefer to sit down for a steak. Can't beat the price though!
Pepper lunch is better. You can sit down.

I agree, they provide excellent value , and I dont mind standing up. Not really appropriate for a classy date though :)

Reactions: impish
I agree, they provide excellent value , and I dont mind standing up. Not really appropriate for a classy date though :)

But if she is still with you after gobbling her steak standing up maybe she is a keeper? :cool:

Reactions: impish and Frenchy
But if she is still with you after gobbling her steak standing up maybe she is a keeper? :cool:
After you take your girl to Ikinari, the only place to go afterwards is home to lick grease off of each other.

Reactions: Frenchy
Yeah, some people think you're supposed to impress girls on dates. I think of them as a test.

It's not that one-way though. I also expect the girl to impress me. :)

Reactions: MikeH
Empire in Roppongi. Another set of Peter Lugar acolytes. Same price range/style as Wolfgang.

You can impress a girl with the littlest of things. Ikinari would make her just as happy. That’s my best guess cause she told me with a big smile “nande mo ii”!

Aside from the places, what type of meat would you guys recommend? Could be a fun discussion as well.

Ikinari Steak! 300grams of mystery meat for 1,340yen. The only problem is you have to eat standing up.

they have high seats at most locations I've visited. i like eating steak standing though ... my belly looks smaller even when I'm already full.

Pepper lunch is better. You can sit down.

Ikinari is part of the ペッパーフードサービス

They don't have steak at Lawry's but that is a nice place to take a date. Good primerib