What Happens To Ex Spouses After They Divorce And Move Out Of Their Parent's House?

It's nice for a change to read in a post that you actually care for your wife ;)
It's really difficult to give any advice to you, as we don't know much about you and your wife, other than that you live in with her mother.
It is very common for Japanese women when married to greatly reduce work to take care of the household and there is some income limit (significantly above 50k a month) for her so that you can receive favorable tax treatment (I assume @Sudsy could fill in the details here) and she can receive insurance /pension benefits. Kinda setting wrong incentives. For that reason I highly doubt that she is really restricted to just 50k.

Another point already mentioned by @Wwanderer, English in itself is a significant qualification in Japan, especially with the Olympics around the corner and tourism on the rise due to low yen. Last year I was asked by a Japanese friend if I would know any English speaking people for office work and they were offering I believe 170-330k a month depending on experience or 1500 to 2200 per hour for part timers. Was a major company, but not in Tokyo area and the lone qualification required was English. They had serious trouble finding people...
So assuming she speaks some English, help her develop that. Maybe you will have to move a bit closer to Tokyo.

@basketcase
Which mother in law accepts a husband for her daughter, who openly has sex/relationships with other women. Is it really surprising, that she isn't fond of him?

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
@basketcase
Which mother in law accepts a husband for her daughter, who openly has sex/relationships with other women. Is it really surprising, that she isn't fond of him?

lol.. Didn't see that part.. Sorry, not to offend the OP, but it would be STUPID to tell the MIL that much detail about your relationship and I fully understand her hating him if that is the case. I am surprised however because the Japanese seem to be very private about such things, even with close family.

Reactions: just4fun
Well, I haven't told the MIL anything about meeting other women. I'm currently not meeting any other women. I going to try to make this marriage work, but I honestly think it will be difficult.

....I just don't think she can make it in the world on her own. I honestly think that maybe having a child with her could stir up some new love with her? I was never dying to have children as I'm more the wanderlust type guy, but it would be pretty cool creating life and having a child....

Don't have a child for the sake of a gamble that it will rekindle love with her. IM(strong)O, that is not going to work the way you want it to.

Well, I haven't told the MIL anything about meeting other women. I'm currently not meeting any other women. I going to try to make this marriage work, but I honestly think it will be difficult.

lol.. you never said.. Do you know the reason why the MIL hates you? Or suspect? Is it because you're not Japanese, because "you're just not good enough", or she's just a complete and total, selfish bitch?

In any case, if you are going to try and make it work you should try to get away from the MIL. If your wife will admit that her mother hates you then it will be a lot easier to honestly request a change of living situations...

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
lol.. you never said.. Do you know the reason why the MIL hates you? Or suspect? Is it because you're not Japanese, because "you're just not good enough", or she's just a complete and total, selfish bitch?

In any case, if you are going to try and make it work you should try to get away from the MIL. If your wife will admit that her mother hates you then it will be a lot easier to honestly request a change of living situations...

I think we will have to divorce in the end because my wife wants kids, but I don't really want to. Even when I almost decide to maybe have kids, I change my mind because kids will just create an expensive, complicated life...I prefer a simple/minimalist life (with world travel here and there).

Reactions: split
Reactions: just4fun
or...pretty much become a crazy, homeless woman right? That is frightening and I wouldn't wish such a future on anyone. I surely don't want to be responsible for her ending up like this.

I don't want her to be added to the ひんこんじょし population.
She can probably get some government help if she only earns 50.000 a month and can't find a fulltime job.

I'm currently not meeting any other women. I going to try to make this marriage work, but I honestly think it will be difficult.
A few episodes of your soap opera life back weren't you hitting on random women outside of KFC?.... Oh, that's right, they were FAT so sort of didn't seem to count as women for you.... Please understand why many of us who have followed your comments since you arrived in Japan and on TAG, what about a year or so ago (?), and who comment just cannot take you seriously, TJB. Solong - you're not making this stuff up for fun, are you?

A few episodes of your soap opera life back weren't you hitting on random women outside of KFC?.... Oh, that's right, they were FAT so sort of didn't seem to count as women for you.... Please understand why many of us who have followed your comments since you arrived in Japan and on TAG, what about a year or so ago (?), and who comment just cannot take you seriously, TJB. Solong - you're not making this stuff up for fun, are you?

As I have mentioned many times, we have an open relationship.

Why am I included in the unnecessary asinine attacks that having nothing to do with debating any points I presented?

Solong - TJB's escapades are just so the dichotomy of yours. Two sides of a coin, used in sarcastic jest.
TBJ - if it is so open, why do her options seem so closed, even to you?
'Fraid I have wandered into two gray areas, humour and morality. My apologies for the confusion.

Solong - TJB's escapades are just so the dichotomy of yours. Two sides of a coin, used in sarcastic jest.
TBJ - if it is so open, why do her options seem so closed, even to you?
'Fraid I have wandered into two gray areas, humour and morality. My apologies for the confusion.

I'm not immoral, I'm just ahead of the curve. There is most likely no god and if there is, he is an asshole and we are all just stupid apes. I used to be a nice guy, but the world and women don't like or respect or want nice guys lol. It is better to be an asshole in this world.

Reactions: gentlegiantjp
I'm not immoral, I'm just ahead of the curve. There is most likely no god and if there is, he is an asshole and we are all just stupid apes. I used to be a nice guy, but the world and women don't like or respect or want nice guys lol. It is better to be an asshole in this world.

Glad to hear being an asshole is working out for you

Opened that can of worms again......hehehehe

Reactions: John Chavers