Guest viewing is limited

What is love for you?

Everyone who says there is no unconditional love has never taken care of a dog.

unconditional + taken care 😉

I am not so sure if dogs love so unconditionally. If you stop providing food and shelter this will change the dynamic for sure.

Reactions: zerosupblues
unconditional + taken care 😉

I am not so sure if dogs love so unconditionally. If you stop providing food and shelter this will change the dynamic for sure.
Try this experiment. Take your wife and your dog, and lock them both in a trunk for 24 hours. See which one is happy to see you when you open it up.

Disclaimer: it's currently late and running on a few hours of sleep. I'm either not gonna make sense to anyone (including myself) or say something dumb. Or both.

"What is love" is a very common statement that comes up often. My perspective of love always came from tv and movies. The main characters that were destined to end up together was love and love was described by them to be a feeling. Something that made you warm or smile was love.

Adult me still kind of agrees but also finding myself questioning too much. The past few years I have convinced myself that I don't think I've experienced love ever or I just don't know what it means to me anymore. Maybe the older I get the more dead inside I am. It's a weird feeling. Now I'm spending time trying to make sense of it all. Best I've come up with is people change. My hobbies have changed so much that my outlook on love must have done the same. Or something. I promise I'm not drunk.

Reactions: Alice
Disclaimer: it's currently late and running on a few hours of sleep. I'm either not gonna make sense to anyone (including myself) or say something dumb. Or both.

"What is love" is a very common statement that comes up often. My perspective of love always came from tv and movies. The main characters that were destined to end up together was love and love was described by them to be a feeling. Something that made you warm or smile was love.

Adult me still kind of agrees but also finding myself questioning too much. The past few years I have convinced myself that I don't think I've experienced love ever or I just don't know what it means to me anymore. Maybe the older I get the more dead inside I am. It's a weird feeling. Now I'm spending time trying to make sense of it all. Best I've come up with is people change. My hobbies have changed so much that my outlook on love must have done the same. Or something. I promise I'm not drunk.
Yeah I feel that. The problem is that partners change as well. The longer you are with someone, the more chance you will be in for a nasty surprise down the line. After 10 years or so, someone will be a complete different person and you might not like them.
I guess there is a reason that some of the most romantic movies, one of the characters dies after they have only known each other for a short time. It’s easy to love someone like that and to hold onto their good memories.

Same goes with friends for example. I’m still stunned of how my former best friend became a completely different person, but I still try to cherish the memories of the fun person I knew and loved…

Also love makes you smile at first, but it usually makes you end up in tears. (Sorry for the very cynical post, lol.)

Last edited:
Love is what I experience opening my front door and being greeted by my Labrador. Next closest thing is what i get from family. This type of love is timeless and seldom changes like people do. I have experienced romantic love but it's very fleeting and not sure if i ever want it again.

We didn't go into this specific question about what love is. We did talk about his relationship and he explained it quite nicely. He said he is in open relationships. Some are physical relationship and one emotional relationship.
Been thinking about this a lot lately.

Related to this review.
https://tokyoadultguide.com/threads...bukuro-honten-1st-floor-ex-club-diamond.29566

I didn't plan to visit the Soapland on that day but the SB I was planning to see couldn't make it.
In that session with Ayame, I was physically satisfied but emotionally empty. That is expected given it is what Soapland for. I didn't want to include this into the review because it will be unfair to her.

@Ken4fb Great to see some reviews from you again, went to the same store a few weeks ago for the first time, review coming soon.
@Cinnabums , that's why you hardly see me putting any review. I haven't had a spectacular session with any SL or DH girl in the last two years. It is a catch 22 problem. I don't see that many girl so I don't expose myself enough to find the good one.

Yeah I feel that. The problem is that partners change as well. The longer you are with someone, the more chance you will be in for a nasty surprise down the line. After 10 years or so, someone will be a complete different person and you might not like them.
I guess there is a reason that some of the most romantic movies, one of the characters dies after they have only known each other for a short time. It’s easy to love someone like that and to hold onto their good memories.

Same goes with friends for example. I’m still stunned of how my former best friend became a completely different person, but I still try to cherish the memories of the fun person I knew and loved…
I just had that experience recently. I met with a lady who I used to fall in love a very long time ago. I fall in love with her snapshot of life during that time in the past. I didn't tell her, so she didn't know how I felt. We spent a day together recently. I learnt that both of us has changed a lot. I still love the snapshot of her, but I don't know if I can fall in love with her current self.

Also love makes you smile at first, but it usually makes you end up in tears. (Sorry for the very cynical post, lol.)
It is not cynical. It is true. If you love that person until the very end of your (or their) life, then it will ended up in tears too.

I have experienced romantic love but it's very fleeting and not sure if i ever want it again.
Congrats, at least you have experienced it once. I sincerely wish you will find another one which will make you reconsider. Same goes for @Simonka and @Alice and @IchigoDave too.

I had too much time last week so I dig up TAG and found this gem
https://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/what-is-love.12026/
Since this was reposted from another thread, let me also say here why I see it as rather flawed and problematic perspective on love.

One reason is that it labels what one partner is feeling/experiencing in part based on what the other partner is feeling/experiencing. One can do that, of course...labels are inherently arbitrary, but it is not how we deal with or describe other emotions. For example, I can be sad or excited or afraid or disgusted or surprised or impressed all by myself, without requiring that anyone else feel the same way (or differently). However, according to this odd (imo) view, I can't feel real/genuine love unless I have a partner who feels the same way about me. To me, this makes very little sense; if my internal emotional feelings are the same in two cases, one in which my love is returned and one in which it is not, why give these two identical emotions different names?

As a further illustration of how muddy this gets, consider a romantic couple, A and B, in which A loves B and B equally and similarly loves A. Imagine their love to be as deep and committed and wonderful as you wish. By @roots reggae 's preferred definition we can say that A and B genuinely love each other. But now, suppose something changes for one of them, let's say for B. B stops loving A for some reason...maybe due to a long separation, to falling in love with someone else, to a dramatic change in the couple's circumstances, maybe to a dramatic change in something about A, perhaps to dementia or a brain injury or even death. Maybe A isn't even aware that B is no longer sharing their love for some period of time. So, now according to this odd definition, A no longer loves B...at least not in a real/genuine way...even though nothing at all has changed in A's feelings! (Btw, I have never heard, and can scarcely imagine hearing, someone say that they stopped loving a romantic partner because he/she died or became too sick to return their love. That would seem surpassingly bizarre, wouldn't it?)

-Ww
I totally agree with @Wwanderer that love doesn't required another party to feel the same way. I could love a person (or a memory of a person - which I would call a snapshot of a person) without wanting to know if they love me back or not.

Last edited:
It's hard for me to say that love or sex represent any one thing to me. Sometimes, the two are complimentary or intertwined. Other times, they're completely separate from each other.

What I can say is that any time I've been able to experience the convergence of the two, it's been nothing short of mind blowing. Mutual attraction is one thing, but when two people share a deeper emotional connection, it can elevate what would otherwise be average or even mediocre sex into something amazing. Maybe this isn't the most pragmatic approach, but I would ideally like to find someone I can share this with at least somewhat consistently.

Last edited:
Love is what I experience opening my front door and being greeted by my Labrador. Next closest thing is what i get from family. This type of love is timeless and seldom changes like people do. I have experienced romantic love but it's very fleeting and not sure if i ever want it again.

Mehhhhh.... any kind of love is fleeting. Family relationships often become very toxic or fall apart completely. Dogs are great but they don't live nearly as long as humans and, at the end of the day, their attitude comes from Pavlovian conditioning and may well go away if they stop getting positive feedback from the master...

But all of these forms of love are great, as long as you accept the fact that they are fleeting. Really reinforces the notion of living in the moment and enjoying good times while they last.

Today was a revealing day to me about love.

I think it’s about wanting to be associated with someone or something simply because it exists. The fact that it is there is what makes it so precious.

Commitment and conviction tend to be something that comes with it…or maybe something we expect to come with it. Either way, I have a lot of that in my life to share right now. 😊

Booking an impromptu trip to Japan after a breakup and engaging in p4p a few times has taught me that even if I’m not cut out for romantic relationships, GFE with no strings attached still feels great.

Today was a revealing day to me about love.

I think it’s about wanting to be associated with someone or something simply because it exists. The fact that it is there is what makes it so precious.

Commitment and conviction tend to be something that comes with it…or maybe something we expect to come with it. Either way, I have a lot of that in my life to share right now. 😊
I'm truly happy for you!

Mehhhhh.... any kind of love is fleeting. Family relationships often become very toxic or fall apart completely. Dogs are great but they don't live nearly as long as humans and, at the end of the day, their attitude comes from Pavlovian conditioning and may well go away if they stop getting positive feedback from the master...

But all of these forms of love are great, as long as you accept the fact that they are fleeting. Really reinforces the notion of living in the moment and enjoying good times while they last.
True, and the life we are living is also fleeting, sooner or later. Nothing is permanent. The only permanent thing is the charge itself.

Does it count as necroing if the thread was top 4? No one comes to these parts of the forums I suppose.

But to answer the question, I can't really define love. I know it's a bond between two people blah blah but it's hard to really define. I've never been, but I did have a glimpse of it with a WL who I started to see more for the talking. If I had to describe the feeling, I suppose for my fellow ADHD folk it would be like what normal people describe what a coffee high is. Your day becomes noticeably brighter, you have positive thoughts in your head, you get things done. I usually take meds for that but just thinking about her made me feel the same effects I would if I had taken them.

I guess that's why you pay for the girlfriend experience amirite fellas???

Does it count as necroing if the thread was top 4? No one comes to these parts of the forums I suppose.

But to answer the question, I can't really define love. I know it's a bond between two people blah blah but it's hard to really define. I've never been, but I did have a glimpse of it with a WL who I started to see more for the talking. If I had to describe the feeling, I suppose for my fellow ADHD folk it would be like what normal people describe what a coffee high is. Your day becomes noticeably brighter, you have positive thoughts in your head, you get things done. I usually take meds for that but just thinking about her made me feel the same effects I would if I had taken them.

I guess that's why you pay for the girlfriend experience amirite fellas???
Thank you for your reply.
I felt honored that this is your first post on this forum despite the fact that you joined five years ago!

Haha yeah, I enjoyed reading all the reviews but after having my fun I've decided to check out the non-punting discussions. I've always probed with a deep question like this with a WL to see what they're like so it's interesting to see others do it as well!
Thank you for your reply.
I felt honored that this is your first post on this forum despite the fact that you joined five years ago!

FtRMXyLagAIi26E.jpeg

🤔

Thank you for sharing. I partly agree with the first part, "like minus sex" = love., and also the last love doesn't end when sex is done.
You can have love without sex, sex without love , and then love with sex.
Still, it doesn't really say what love is.

Reactions: uchimura and hrbb
Thank you for sharing. I partly agree with the first part, "like minus sex" = love., and also the last love doesn't end when sex is done.
You can have love without sex, sex without love , and then love with sex.
Still, it doesn't really say what love is.
Always difficult to distinguish between 愛 and 恋 but the last one is roughly saying if your feelings are likely to disappear after the sex then you are probably better off not acting on said feelings. Easier said than done of course.

Reactions: Cinnabums
You only know if someone loves you when the tide turns against you (economics, poor health, bad decision, and so on) but they still support you and give you encouragement - Also, you can ask anything and they will listen and support you during times of change. The word "love" is over used by most people.

love is bending backward at the risk of breaking
love is recognising that being together is hard work, but still choosing each other
love is an awkward hug after a quarrel, tho it is something nobody is used to doing
love is letting each other be the most authentic version of themselves, even if they don't agree nor understand
love is choosing to be with someone when the world walks out on the person, even if it breaks your heart
love is truly wanting the person to be happy, even if his/her happiness has nothing to do with you
love really IS a lot grander than passion and desire. it doesn't make your heart beat faster - it breaks your heart.
it's a continuous break - it breaks when you're hurt, it breaks when you're touched, it breaks even when you're happy.
love breaks you so you can become whole again.

p/s: i'm pmsing & i'm Piscean.