What's your favorite karaoke song?

Throw on some NSYNC or Backstreet Boys and I'm good to go!.....I'm serious :oops:

As for Japanese songs, I haven't gone singing with a Japanese group in ages. But we usually stuck with songsfrom the 90's to early 2000's (i.e. Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, Amuro Namie, GLAY, L'Arc~en~Ciel, LUNA SEA, X JAPAN, SMAP, Kinki Kids etc).

I'm hoping this place will be around when I next visit Japan. HJ Karaoke - Free HJ if you achieve a score of 90+.
This is creative fuzoku. It reminds me of a bygone era when I used to watch late night TV to see what antics were going on behind the green doors of Japan's pink industry:
http://akakari10.com/karaoke.php

Would be great if someone could take one for the team and report back.

If it's gonna be a duet in English, then I'd go for "Endless Love" (Diana Ross & Lionel Richie).

Yeah, that's an old song, but you can still find it on many karaoke systems in Japan.

Reactions: Yuma
Can anyone please recommend a Japanese song, J-pop or even enka, that is relatively easy for a male gaijin to sing?

I'm looking for something with simple lyrics for a person with a limited vocal range.

Can anyone please recommend a Japanese song, J-pop or even enka, that is relatively easy for a male gaijin to sing?

I'm looking for something with simple lyrics for a person with a limited vocal range.

The one's I mentioned earlier -

Say Yes - Chage & Aska
Kampai - Nagabuchi Tsuyoshi

Reactions: Yuma and SugoiBoy
Shima Uta by the Boom (?)

Easy to sing and easy for everyone to chime in;)

Some other songs:
aitai by Chikako Sawada
Miraie or nagai aida by kiroro
Nada sousou by Rimi Natsukawa

All by female artists, but I often find that easier to sing.

100% Enka Lover!!!!

Misora Hibari - Kawa no nagare no youni
Teresa Teng - Toki no nagare ni miwo makase, Aijin or Tsugunai
Ishikawa Sayuri - Tsugarukaikyo Fuyugeshiki
Shimakura Chyoko - Jinsei Iro Iro
Kitajima Saburo - Matsuri
Sen Masao - Kitaguni no haru
Itsuki Hiroshi and Mori Shinichi (any song!)
Sakamoto Kyu - Ue wo muite arukou (Sukiyaki)

Reactions: Yuma and SugoiBoy
One of my favorites last time I was karaoke-ing was Rage Against The Machine - Killing in the Name. Curiously, the pool of people who wanted to go the noraebang with me shrunk overnight!

"Just Like Honey", The Jesus and Mary Chain
"Surfin USA", The Beach Boys
"Don't Look Back In Anger", Oasis
"クロノスタシス", きのこ帝国
"糸", 中島みゆき

Tsunami by southern all stars is my go to song for Japanese karaoke. Easy to sing, nice melody. Impresses the Japanese the first time you sing it as a gaikokujin

Reactions: Yuma and Frenchy
off the top of my head...

Halestorm - "I am the Fire"
Sir Mixalot - "I Like Big Butts"
Usher - "You don't have to call"
Mark Morrison - "Return of the Mack"
Incubus - "Anna Molly"
Incubus - "Drive"
Bruno Mars - "24K Magic"
Bruno Mars - "Thats What I like"
Five Finger Death Punch - "Walk Away"
Aranda - "Whyyawannabringmedown"
Aranda - "Undone"
Ja Rule - "Always on Time"
Lupe Fiasco - "Daydreamin"
Young Guns - "Bones"
Pharrell Williams - "Happy"
Evans Blue - "Beyond the Stars"

I don't think I'll ever go to Karaoke.

When I was a kid I used to be in the school choir, everyone told me my voice was amazing and I'll go far and I felt pretty good about myself.

Then puberty came and and my voice changed from "Angelic" to "Mating Zebra" and I got asked to leave the choir. Got a lot of shit and bullying not just from the kids but from teachers too. Even now almost 30 years later the idea of singing in front of people gives me cold sweats.

I honestly dread that someone will invite me.

Reactions: Torky and MikeH
I've been to Karaoke only a handful of times and that was mostly at the demands of coworkers after a company party.
It's not something I'd repeatedly visit on my own... I'm still surprised at the popularity... lots of expensive property in Tokyo is dedicated to Karaoke!

"love on the beat" de Serge Gainsbourg :D

I've been to Karaoke only a handful of times and that was mostly at the demands of coworkers after a company party.
It's not something I'd repeatedly visit on my own... I'm still surprised at the popularity... lots of expensive property in Tokyo is dedicated to Karaoke!

You will be even more surprised if you go there at popular times and have to run through a few shops before finding open rooms;)

Karaoke is a relatively inexpensive way to have fun with all those set plans, if you don't insist on high quality alcohol.

I'm hoping this place will be around when I next visit Japan. HJ Karaoke - Free HJ if you achieve a score of 90+.
This is creative fuzoku. It reminds me of a bygone era when I used to watch late night TV to see what antics were going on behind the green doors of Japan's pink industry:
http://akakari10.com/karaoke.php

Would be great if someone could take one for the team and report back.

Where is this place? Can't access the webpage.