Guest viewing is limited

Where would you go when you miss your home country's food?

Life is too short- give peace a chance.(y)

B1986.jpg_640x640.jpg

Have you tried Costco?

Of course. There are "reasons" why you can't get lots of US made all beef products in Japan
  • Protectionist trade restrictions on US beef imports
  • extra protectionism by banning imports of food containing nitrates

B1986.jpg_640x640.jpg

Of course. There are "reasons" why you can't get lots of US made all beef products in Japan

I think Trump should start a trade war to defend the honor of US beef jerky

Sorry, should have known you'd already tried Costco-just trying to help.

I avoid beef, so it's no problem

As for the nitrates, I will not buy food with nitrates, so that's a plus. (please, no need for a debate about nitrates).:eek:

Anyways, I was just there on Monday and saw lots of meats with nitrates.

Outback Steakhouse is maybe my favorite.

I think Trump should start a trade war to defend the honor of US beef jerky

But that wouldn't make any sense at all!
...which means he's probably already working on it.

Its funny how every conversation, someone has to include POTUS Trump. As far as a beef trade war, Both POTUSs Clinton & Bush Sr. tried it and both won some minor concessions. Obama simply didnt have the Rocky Mountain Oysters to try it.

just trying to help.

Thats cool, it was understood as such.

I will not buy food with nitrates

To each their own. I'll eat em sometimes because it tastes good. As far as the import restrictions, see here https://www.jetro.go.jp/ext_images/en/reports/regulations/pdf/agri2009e.pdf on P11. The nitrate volume restriction is set at a specific level to limit US processed meat import.

Reactions: roots reggae
Smokehouse in Cat street

I alway stock a lot of spice/sauce/flavouring when I go back to home town. So I cook it by my self.
Never go for taste in my country food restuarant. Only go for talk with someone who use my mother language.

Reactions: Manami TMK
One day I will try JAL, at least once for the experience (and the flight attendants ;)).

Probably wouldn't mix and match though unless I can find really good deals on one way tickets for each airline, which actually could happen now that I think about it.
JAL flight attendants are on average about 5 to 10 years older than ANA or other Asian airlines. They are also trained to be very Japanese in their approach to hospitality which means they are a bit formal and cold in my opinion. ANA attendants on the other hand are younger, hotter and trained more along global standards. They are more relaxed, warmer and friendlier. The food on ANA is generally better these days, in business and first anyway. The japanese beef curry in the JAL business and first class lounges rates with the best Japanese curry anywhere. It really does. United is pretty awful in all respects. Fly ANA if you can. SQ is also good.

Looking for suggestions for:
Canadian breakfast with pancakes, maple syrup, bacon, etc,
Brazillian BBQ where they slice various meats off huge skewers at your table.

Cheers!

Looking for suggestions for:
Canadian breakfast with pancakes, maple syrup, bacon, etc,
Brazillian BBQ where they slice various meats off huge skewers at your table.

Cheers!

I can't help you with the Canadian part. But in japan, brazilian bbq is called yakiniku. Give it a try. But to warn you, they don't use huge skewers.

But in japan, brazilian bbq is called yakiniku.

And in California avocado wrapped in rice is called sushi. Still doesn't make it right.

There are several Brazilian BBQ restaurants in Tokyo, there was even a bit of a boom, err, something like 25 years ago, but unfortunately cannot tell if they are nowadays any good.

I can't help you with the Canadian part. But in japan, brazilian bbq is called yakiniku. Give it a try. But to warn you, they don't use huge skewers.
Yakiniku is a Japanese version of Korean BBQ. There are shops everywhere. It is completely different from Brazilian BBQ which is available in Japan but only in big cities. There used to be a good one in Omotesando called Barbacoa. It might still be there. Try both Korean and Brazilian. Different and both great for serious carnivores.

Does anybody know where to find authentic German food? There used to be a place called Pauke, but the owner retired and closed shop a couple of years ago.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I guess you need to go to a restaurant in one of Brazilian communities in Tsurumi, Hamamatsu, Oizumi, Kani etc.to have reasonably good churrasco.