Why Are You Not Having Sex With Men?

I enjoy gay men as good friends, but without the benefits. It's something that's hardwired in my system-no apologies and no disrespect intended.(y)

Reactions: User#6541
A metaller :love:

Although it was funny, australian accent is so strong... There are some parts i couldn't understand :LOL:

Reactions: TAG Manager
it's a relief to read that some native english speaker didn't understand 100% of it !

Well, it was not in English, it was in Australian! ;)

I am not native in English but didn't have any problems following it at all. Just goes to show I have been hanging out too much with Australians lately :D

Its fairer to me if they can both do people of their own sex.
In swinger circles this topic comes up sometimes and I have talked about it numerous times over the years. Bisexuality among women isn't the same as bisexuality among men.

1) If a woman has sex with another woman, she doesn't usually question her womanhood.

With men, this is different. A man's concept of masculinity or machismo is constructed differently in his mind and is seen by society differently. Consequently, sex with other men is a much bigger barrier to cross.

2) A man can be strongly heterosexual, but very accepting of his girlfriend's or wife's bisexuality.

What she does or likes doesn't have to be what he does or likes too. If she likes wearing pink, nail polish, and high heel shoes doesn't mean he must wear them too to be compatible.

3) Be careful of what you wish for.

I've had a number of swinger women tell me their stories of dating bisexual men, where it didn't go the way they hoped. For instance, in the gay world, some men are "tops" (giver) and "bottoms" (receiver). The women would try to establish relationships with guys who are "bottoms" and liked to receive from other guys, which created issues for the women. Like he was passive, didn't want to lead, she would get jealous over a gay/bisexual guy wanting her boyfriend and not her, they didn't feel he was masculine enough for them or they became attracted to more masculine guys later, etc...

In a bisexual/gay environment, women are often not the center of attention. Some women didn't like instances where they got cut off or were forced to be on the outside of a group or man to man relationship in which her bisexual boyfriend was in.

...rambling post filled with sexual tropes from the 1950s...

9544.jpg

I'll leave it to Shakespeare for this one:
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" :LOL:

In swinger circles this topic comes up sometimes and I have talked about it numerous times over the years. Bisexuality among women isn't the same as bisexuality among men.

1) If a woman has sex with another woman, she doesn't usually question her womanhood.

With men, this is different. A man's concept of masculinity or machismo is constructed differently in his mind and is seen by society differently. Consequently, sex with other men is a much bigger barrier to cross.

2) A man can be strongly heterosexual, but very accepting of his girlfriend's or wife's bisexuality.

What she does or likes doesn't have to be what he does or likes too. If she likes wearing pink, nail polish, and high heel shoes doesn't mean he must wear them too to be compatible.

3) Be careful of what you wish for.

I've had a number of swinger women tell me their stories of dating bisexual men, where it didn't go the way they hoped. For instance, in the gay world, some men are "tops" (giver) and "bottoms" (receiver). The women would try to establish relationships with guys who are "bottoms" and liked to receive from other guys, which created issues for the women. Like he was passive, didn't want to lead, she would get jealous over a gay/bisexual guy wanting her boyfriend and not her, they didn't feel he was masculine enough for them or they became attracted to more masculine guys later, etc...

In a bisexual/gay environment, women are often not the center of attention. Some women didn't like instances where they got cut off or were forced to be on the outside of a group or man to man relationship in which her bisexual boyfriend was in.

You clearly did not even watch the video, right?

Reactions: Wwanderer
Does this type of guy not masturbate? I'm sure most of them give (themselves) a handjob most nights and quite enjoy doing it too. What difference does it make if he does it to another guy for a change?

Statistically playing with yourself makes you gay. From around 4 min point.

Reactions: User#6541
Does this type of guy not masturbate? I'm sure most of them give (themselves) a handjob most nights and quite enjoy doing it too. What difference does it make if he does it to another guy for a change?
Hmm.. I think I need roots_reggae to do a irony analyze of this one..

keep_trolling.jpg

I'll leave it to Shakespeare for this one:
[emoji38]

Obviously, you don't understand what a trope is, as what I typed isn't standardized and definitely nothing from the 1950s. But, you go ahead and keep trolling versus debating.

You clearly did not even watch the video, right?

I was responding to User#8628's statement, not the video. And I saw the video.
If you ask 100 heterosexual guys which they would prefer, masturbation or being jerked off by another guy, I'm confident you will get the answer of masturbation from the vast majority. That's their sexual orientation. It's just as unfair to ask or expect a heterosexual person to change into a homosexual or bisexual, as it would be in the reverse.

I like bisexual women, and will at times get a bit edgy on dates, where I will directly or indirectly ask women if they have experimented or are interested in other women. If she's clearly not into other women, I've long ago learned the lesson of not pushing the issue too much. Enjoy who the person is, not who you want them to be, and be reasonable about their boundaries.

Last edited:
It's just as unfair to ask or expect a heterosexual person to change into a homosexual or bisexual, as it would be in the reverse.

Very much this. A strong point well made imo.

Enjoy who the person is, not who you want them to be, and be reasonable about their boundaries.

And this.

We often disagree and sometimes agree, but I don't immediately recall agreeing more strongly with one of your posts than this one.

It has become cool, or maybe even PC, for hetrosexuals to demonstrate their open mindedness and lack of homophobia by experimenting a bit with sexual activities involving same gender partners, often something very limited like LFK or DFK. Imo that's fine as far it goes.

However and unfortunately (if predictably), this has led to people being pressured, sometimes quite strongly, by their friends and peers to do this sort of experimenting...which strikes me as pretty bad when, as @Solong points out, you imagine the same social pressure being applied to a confirmed homosexual to get him or her to perform hetrosexual acts.

-Ww

While this sort of argument is clever and carries some weight (I have used versions of it myself many times), there is a good answer to your question: The pleasure is fundamentally between your ears, not between your legs. In the latter, the stimulation is simply physical, but in the former, where the real action lies, *everything* counts...whether it is the gender of your partner or how you feel about him/her or his/her appearance or any of an endless number of other factors great and small.

If it were not so, sex would be a simple matter indeed, but it isn't, to put it mildly.

-Ww

Reactions: Solong
Interesting topic indeed.
I haven't made my opinion yet.

Honestly, I do feel some disgust at the idea of having sex with a man. A strong negative emotion easily identified.
I don't know where this disgust is coming from.
Education ? Some protein generated by my DNA?
May be solong is right there... Going through this disgust could affect the perception of who I am. In conclusion I'm neither bisexual nor bi-curious.

Disclaimer : I'm not open minded enough to have sex with men but I'm very open minded with people practicing or considering it. I would be delighted to have them as friend, to hire them as an my own staff, to report to them as my supervisors. I even participated twice to some LBTG event. Actually once in Thailand I was drunk and I am still thinking that may be I actually had sex with a lady boy. I never checked. It's a Schrodinger kind of uncertainty.

I do feel some disgust at the idea of having sex with a man. A strong negative emotion easily identified.
I don't know where this disgust is coming from.
Education ? Some protein generated by my DNA?

Personally I don't feel disgust at the idea of homosexual activities or at witnessing them, rather (almost all) other men just seem sexually neutral to me, like a piece of furniture or something. The idea of, say, kissing them seems slightly absurd, pointless and completely unmotivated. Knowing that there are men who are sexually attacted to other men, I have a little curiosity about the whole thing, but it feels like just a vague intellectual curiosity. It would be like learning that there are people who like to have sex with tables and chairs; I'd think something like, "How odd! I wonder why and how they experience that?"

Actually once in Thailand I was drunk and I am still thinking that may be I actually had sex with a lady boy. I never checked. It's a Schrodinger kind of uncertainty.

At the risk of igniting another (and doubtless repetitive) round of the trans debate, I still have to note that sex with a trans woman and sex with a man are not remotely the same sort of experience according to those who do or have done both. In that sense, I think you have had no sex with a man regardless of how the wave function were to collapse in this Schrodinger porblem. In other words, it is probably not relevant to this discussion.

-Ww