Your Go-To Hangover Cure

User#6517

TAG Member
Reaction score
Whether it’s food, drinks, meds, etc.. what is your go-to method for getting rid of a hangover?

giphy.gif

And what is your alcohol tolerance like? :rolleyes:

I haven’t had a drink in a while, so I’m living vicariously through you guys.

Ok, this is one of the reasons I avoid drinking alcohol. After more than a few drinks, I basically have to spend the whole of next day in bed. :dead:

For recovery, i eat bananas + drink heaps of water. I figured it's good to replace electrolytes ive pissed out. Nothing beats time of course.

Sleep? Lol
I usually dont have a hangover. Feel a bit weak the day after but that can also be because of sleep shortage.
Never really sick the day after.

But my alcohol tolerance is quite low. Not a problem for me, i get the rush without spending a ton of money. :)

Reactions: MissInsomnia
Taking a niacin tablet before go to bed (if still conscious) and having a 20-minute foot bath after waking up. My alcohol tolerance is lower than average but I like red wine.

Drinking lots of water and pain killers both before going to sleep and immediately after waking up. Having hang over sex in the morning of course helps too.

From a medical perspective, the physical effects are mostly due to dehydration, depressed blood sugar (a side effect of alcohol), and an electrolyte imbalance.

A bottle of Aquarius or Pocari Sweat and some salty food will go a long way towards helping you feel better. I used to swear by a curry rice and a bottle of Pocari and used to actually have both ready in the fridge if I knew I was going out for a heavy night.

I've also been recently drinking occasionally and 1-2 glasses at a time. Not so much. I buy one Ukon no Chikara afterwards. Also drinking water helps to get the hydration back.

Before going to sleep take a multi vitamin and drink pocari or similar... Helps hydrate and replenish lost vitamin alcohol depleted... Then better chance no hangover... But if u wake up with one... Bloody Mary's usually work for me....

More booze or McDonald's. I don't usually get hangovers though. My last hangover was after drinking about three bottles of wine and a considerable amount of whisky, which I don't normally drink.

Two bottles of wine would be my go-to amount of booze. Three if I want to get drunk.

Two bottles of wine would be my go-to amount of booze. Three if I want to get drunk.

That's... a lot.

Three bottles of wine is equivalent to about a fifth of whiskey. If I drink that much I don't have to worry about a hangover in the morning because I'll still be smashed when I wake up.

I usually don't get hungover at all, despite sometimes drinking to the point where I can't stand up. For me the secret (not really a secret) is to stay hydrated and stick to hard liqour only (whisky for me). I have a relatively high tolerance.

When I do feel crappy, I like a bowl of good ramen and some Gatorade.

Reactions: MikeH
I like to drink a lot and usually have no hangover but if there is something like that, 3 things that help me next day:

1. Chicken bullion or some salty ramen or tomato juice.
2. Running, jogging and all kinds of physical exercises.
3. Of course drinking a lot of water.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
2. Running, jogging and all kinds of physical exercises.

If you can go for a run in the morning then no, you didn't have a hangover to begin with.

Hangover is when you wake up in the morning and immediately regret not dying during your sleep.

If you can go for a run in the morning then no, you didn't have a hangover to begin with.

Hangover is when you wake up in the morning and immediately regret not dying during your sleep.
I see your point but surprisingly when I force myself to run in that state the things get much more better afterwords. So I am dying but kicking my ass and push myself to run or do some other physical exercises.

Wine and craft beer are my favorite choices.

I try to drink water while drinking.

If I have an actual hangover, I drink water and take three 200 mg ibuprofen gel caps.

Reactions: MissInsomnia
I can understand drinking water before sleeping (though i'd have to pee at night then) or when waking up (solid). But if you drink water during drinking, doesn't it prevent you from getting drunk?
If i want to get drunk, i dont eat dinner and don't drink anything else and drink in a high phase.

Reactions: Tabanico
I can understand drinking water before sleeping (though i'd have to pee at night then) or when waking up (solid). But if you drink water during drinking, doesn't it prevent you from getting drunk?
If i want to get drunk, i dont eat dinner and don't drink anything else and drink in a high phase.

It must be fun having you at a drinking party!
Girls are so cool when they are actually looking to get drunk.

It must be fun having you at a drinking party!
Girls are so cool when they are actually looking to get drunk.
I'm not a fan of the taste of alcohol so if i drink its either because other people are doing it or because i want to get smashed. :)

Reactions: RIDER 00