Guest viewing is limited

What is love for you?

Ken4fb

MMF / MMFF members wanted. Ping me if you are keen
Reaction score
What is love for you?

Related to my post about what is sex for you? I also had a conversation with the same girl about what is love for her, during the same session. I can’t recall exactly how we get into this topic of what love is. What I recall was, she asked me if I have ever been in love.

Without thinking I just reply yes, actually I am currently in love with this girl. The sad news is she doesn’t love me back but that’s fine. I am still having sex with her anyway. She has got a boyfriend, and I don’t really care. In fact, I am currently in love in a different way with many girls and all of them are possibly having relationships with other guys too.

Her follow-up question was equally interesting.

What’s love for you, how do you know if you are in love with someone?

Again, without thinking much I just tell her

Love has no reason, you just know 愛には理由がないです

It sounds cliche, but that’s just how I feel above love these days. It is just something that happens to you. There are probably reasons why you feel love for someone but you just cannot describe it.

This seems to bring back some of her past. She told me that a guy used to tell her that he love her. When she asked for a reason, the guy couldn’t say exactly why. It seems she didn’t really like that answer so she was saying to him, it must be something like the way I look, the way I say things, the way I act, etc. Tell me something. His reply was “You don’t understand, Your description of love is so childish”

I don’t think that her way of thinking is childish, but I also do understand his feeling that he just knows that he loves someone. The lady on the other hand is still not convinced that love just happen to you.

In return, I asked her this question.

What is your favourite food? Sushi, she said. So, tell me, why do you like Sushi?

She stopped for a while and was silent. She couldn’t say anything.

I see this as a chance so I followed up.
See? that’s the same with love. You know you like Sushi, you could say you like the taste, but can you say exactly why you like the taste? You could say you like the sourness of the rice, but why? You could say you like the texture, but again why?

Her face lit up, and she said “Thank you for that. That’s a really good example. Now I started to understand a little what you mean by love has no reason

So I said back to her. Thank you for your compliment. Now I believe you have never fallen in love with someone, have you?

Instead of a sad face, she smiled back and said profoundly “No”

I smiled back at her and say “I wish it will happen to you one day. Keep on looking”

So, what’s love for you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Alice and da2369
Reactions: Ken4fb
That was an oddly sweet story. I definitely agree with the idea that love can have no reason, and the analogy with liking a food is really good.

Love is a strong irrational emotion that does a lot to us humans, and it's one of the things we take the most granted for. I hope she finds someone she loves one day too

Also, nice use of the anarchist library (y)

Supplementary reading: This is something I have been pondering for some time. One of my lovely SBs sent me the link. Love is abundant, and every relationship is unique has been my manifesto since.
https://theanarchistlibrary.org/lib...tructional-manifesto-for-relationship-anarchy
Meh, to each their own. This is just a poly manifesto.

Personally, I agree with the initial post and that you can't really describe "love". Sometimes you spend time with a person and you can't pinpoint exactly why you feel the way you feel, sometimes you can.

That being said...I can't remember the last time I felt "in love". Granted, I don't really spend much time out and about, meeting new people all the time since I am rather introverted (which is NOT the same as being shy, as many people seem to confuse the two...) and I'm someone who just...enjoys doing things alone. And then you also need to differentiate between "infatuation" and "love", which is another matter entirely.

Last edited:
Sex is just sex but real love means anal.

Though in a bit more serious note I don't buy the theory that "love just happens".

Love is a feeling and as with any other feelings you can manage and even control them. And you do that even if you don't think you do.

Let's say for example you are in a deep loving relationship with the best looking girl in the world. You have just had the most amazing sex with her and now you are happily walking down the street.

Now towards you walks a wonderful creature for a woman and asks you for a cup of coffee. And still you do not fall in love with her. Then again if you have not seen a naked lady in years you would be head over heels right there.

Similarly you can just decide not to fall in love with someone great even if you would like to. As you know it would complicate your and her life and lead to misery, famine and genocide. Or at least ruined relationships with other people.

Been there, done that and even if it still sucks I am happy I walked away and just stayed friends.

Damn, that girl got a lot more out of that session than the service fee you paid the shop. Imagine rolling up to work one day thinking it's all gonna be business as usual, then some dude hit you with "What is love?"

(I'm slightly disappointed you didn't follow it up with "baby don't hurt me")

That was the first thing to pop into my head reading this.

snl-saturday-night-live.gif

Similarly you can just decide not to fall in love with someone great even if you would like to. As you know it would complicate your and her life and lead to misery, famine and genocide. Or at least ruined relationships with other people.

Been there, done that and even if it still sucks I am happy I walked away and just stayed friends.
I agree with what you said. That's more like a personal choice based on the situation. It is how you choose to deal with it. The question here is , why do we fall in love with someone. To me , it is hard to explain the reason why we fall for the person.

Reactions: MikeH
Damn, that girl got a lot more out of that session than the service fee you paid the shop. Imagine rolling up to work one day thinking it's all gonna be business as usual, then some dude hit you with "What is love?"

It was her who asked me that question.
I think I have got to start writing a blog with a click bait like "I went to soapland but you won't believe what I enjoyed the most isn't sex"
(and no , I don't think she will get the reference to that "baby don't hurt me")

The question here is , why do we fall in love with someone. To me , it is hard to explain the reason why we fall for the person.
Chemicals in the brain decide that and there's nothing you can do about it unless you're blind

Even the blind do fall in love.
Not from their eyes......probably a tad different. I know Ray Charles was an upper arm grabber.

Heck non-blind people could even fall in love online with someone who didn’t send a pic. Just the magic of words…
Love or lust?

Heck non-blind people could even fall in love online with someone who didn’t send a pic. Just the magic of words…
THAT actually happened to me once on SA. A girl just sent me a message, and just reading that I know I will fall for her.

I saw her pictures afterwards and she isn't that hot, but I flew her over from inaka to Tokyo anyway. It was a blast (no not in @requiemmorrow 's kind of blast)

THAT actually happened to me once on SA. A girl just sent me a message, and just reading that I know I will fall for her.

I saw her pictures afterwards and she isn't that hot, but I flew her over from inaka to Tokyo anyway. It was a blast (no not in @requiemmorrow 's kind of blast)
Yeah I mentioned it because it happened to me too. Will spare you the details, I already proved many times here that Im a bit mental :)

• Haha
Reactions: uchimura
This topic pop up again with a different provider. I have been seeing this lady for a long time. Somehow we were discuss something related to love after we finished our session. Funny enough she was saying the exactly the same thing as I told the lady in the soapland before, that love has no reason. She even used the same example of how we like food but we couldn't describe the reason why. She went step further than me by saying that we can easily give reason for things that we hate. For love , really there is no reason.

One thing she said that give me hope, and I agree that it is true. She said , as human we changes all the time. Sometime we started to like the thing that we hate, and sometime we hate something that we used to love.

My point? It is odd that I can have a "deep love" conversation with provides who I just had sex with, and we are both totally fine with it. It is liberating. I wish I could have the same conversation with my lovers whom I don't have to pay for them to leave.

One thing she said that give me hope, and I agree that it is true. She said , as human we changes all the time. Sometime we started to like the thing that we hate, and sometime we hate something that we used to love.

...but because we change all the time love and hate are also often very temporary things. Because people express love differently the probability is high that the feeling is also quite different for everybody...
Like you mentioned above it is something hard to describe and to give reason for....maybe because of that we should embrace it even more

Honestly I don’t know anymore. I have fallen in love thinking someone was my soulmate, that we had everything in common and would last forever.
I have also felt so much for someone but I knew we’re not compatible at all.
The soulmate ones are easier to hang out with but so much more painful when you break up… maybe because you feel more sure of your soulmates where you already prepare for the worst with people who are too different.

If love is as simple as caring about someone and being happy to see them, i have this for a lot of people. So it must be deeper than that. But I don’t know what the secret ingredient is. I guess nobody knows.

Also once upon a time I thought I could die for romantic love. But definitely not anymore. From now on I want to put myself before a partner no matter what happens. I wouldn’t always wish falling in love upon someone because often it takes a sacrifice. Sometimes it’s a curse. It changes you. What I truly want is to be unconditionally loved and accepted but I don’t know if it exists. If you think about it, the love from our parents is not unconditional. Everyone has expectations of you and wants you to be the way they like.