Guest viewing is limited

Alternative to Bliss Out in Shinjuku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last weekend was busy!
Quick overview
So my partner and I started the first day off early and we headed to Mille-Feuille. Sadly we didn't post on bbs or on Twitter so we arrived to an empty bar around noon. This was half on purpose since we wanted to show up when it was quiet so we can talk to the owner and also order some food. This bar might be my new favorite until the bliss successor opens. However it probably won't be for everyone. We stayed there for awhile, ate some rediculously good food(seriously it was amazing: German potato and gratin) then we used the small playroom which is set up like a manga cafe which was super neat. We talked to the owner for awhile and then headed out to another bar. We hit up bar arabesque as it was mentioned on this site as being good, and it was! I think for many people this bar will be a great replacement for bliss until it comes back. The next day we were meeting some friends in Ueno and checked out Bar Rusk which also turned out pretty good. All 3 are worth visiting and I will try to give the upsides of each one.

Mille-Feuille- the feeling is a chilled cafe. A bunch of couches around tables. Two play rooms, one private, one big. In the middle is a magic mirror room for peaking, the small room can pull a curtain over the mirror for total privacy. The owner makes amazing food and specializes in sweets. I've heard the cheesecake is amazing but any sweets of the day are great. I ate the German potato and chicken gratin. Portions are big so either be very hungry or share! Most things cost about 1000yen but because the taste is great and portions are big I feel like it's a good deal. You do NOT need an insurance card here. When you sign up the owner will make you sign an AV consent contract. This is a safety step to protect you from any police. If the police show up, the owner tells them that he is shooting an AV video and has all the forms. I thought this was genius. The owner is quiet but if you have good japanese he will open up if you start a conversation. I'm not sure how difficult it is to enter without japanese, I forgot to bring it up in our conversation. There are many regulars so there are times when it's very busy and times when it's empty. Writing on the BBS is the best way to let others know people will be there. Overall I really liked the vibe so I will be heading there again soon. Not many rules, very open friendly feeling. Lots of perverts haha

Arabesque- this has a standard bar feeling. Big bar counter, small tables and floor seating too. It looked super similar to bar agreeable, which makes sense because the owners used to work together! However I felt the atmosphere, staff, and rules were much more open at arabesque. Playroom peeking is only somewhat allowed (a space in the curtain you can peak from outside). There is a big room with 2 raised platforms that can comfortably fit 6 people on each side. Rules aren't too strict. But be careful going as a couple(can't talk to single girls). We went separate for this reason, a little more expensive but more freedom to talk to everyone. The atmosphere was pretty friendly and people were talking a lot and playing a lot. You can play in the main room as well which was important for us. We met a foreign couple there and talked a lot. If you lack japanese it might be hard to communicate with the regulars, but surprisingly there were a few people who spoke great English that day we were there. I gave my health insurance card here, but if you have a passport it might be ok without one. I didn't get to ask the owner about it as he was quite busy that day. Overall I think it's a great place for people new to happening bars.

Rusk- this is in ueno, so that might be a good or bad thing depending on where you are coming from. I think this bar is great choice for those who want a new set of people to be around. The ueno crowd are usually different than those that hop around shinjuku. I met a lot of people who only go to rusk, so there are a lot of regulars there. The crowd is very very friendly and will always welcome new people. Many people would stop by and talk a little just to introduce themselves and help make a good atmosphere. I think this bar is great for people who want to talk and make perverted friends lol. There are two playrooms with no peaking allowed. If you want to use the playroom then you ask the staff to unlock the room for you. The staff are very protective of ladies so they always check with them before they go to the playroom. There is a small private room for 1 group and a larger room that can fit about 8 people comfortably. I think I had brought in 6 and when another 6 tried to enter it fot a bit cramped, but not terrible.

So between these 3, I think there are good choices for everyone. I will be going to a repeat bar this weekend but I still have some places I want to try. Once I do I will post some updates!

Last weekend was busy!
Quick overview
So my partner and I started the first day off early and we headed to Mille-Feuille. Sadly we didn't post on bbs or on Twitter so we arrived to an empty bar around noon. This was half on purpose since we wanted to show up when it was quiet so we can talk to the owner and also order some food. This bar might be my new favorite until the bliss successor opens. However it probably won't be for everyone. We stayed there for awhile, ate some rediculously good food(seriously it was amazing: German potato and gratin) then we used the small playroom which is set up like a manga cafe which was super neat. We talked to the owner for awhile and then headed out to another bar. We hit up bar arabesque as it was mentioned on this site as being good, and it was! I think for many people this bar will be a great replacement for bliss until it comes back. The next day we were meeting some friends in Ueno and checked out Bar Rusk which also turned out pretty good. All 3 are worth visiting and I will try to give the upsides of each one.

Mille-Feuille- the feeling is a chilled cafe. A bunch of couches around tables. Two play rooms, one private, one big. In the middle is a magic mirror room for peaking, the small room can pull a curtain over the mirror for total privacy. The owner makes amazing food and specializes in sweets. I've heard the cheesecake is amazing but any sweets of the day are great. I ate the German potato and chicken gratin. Portions are big so either be very hungry or share! Most things cost about 1000yen but because the taste is great and portions are big I feel like it's a good deal. You do NOT need an insurance card here. When you sign up the owner will make you sign an AV consent contract. This is a safety step to protect you from any police. If the police show up, the owner tells them that he is shooting an AV video and has all the forms. I thought this was genius. The owner is quiet but if you have good japanese he will open up if you start a conversation. I'm not sure how difficult it is to enter without japanese, I forgot to bring it up in our conversation. There are many regulars so there are times when it's very busy and times when it's empty. Writing on the BBS is the best way to let others know people will be there. Overall I really liked the vibe so I will be heading there again soon. Not many rules, very open friendly feeling. Lots of perverts haha

Arabesque- this has a standard bar feeling. Big bar counter, small tables and floor seating too. It looked super similar to bar agreeable, which makes sense because the owners used to work together! However I felt the atmosphere, staff, and rules were much more open at arabesque. Playroom peeking is only somewhat allowed (a space in the curtain you can peak from outside). There is a big room with 2 raised platforms that can comfortably fit 6 people on each side. Rules aren't too strict. But be careful going as a couple(can't talk to single girls). We went separate for this reason, a little more expensive but more freedom to talk to everyone. The atmosphere was pretty friendly and people were talking a lot and playing a lot. You can play in the main room as well which was important for us. We met a foreign couple there and talked a lot. If you lack japanese it might be hard to communicate with the regulars, but surprisingly there were a few people who spoke great English that day we were there. I gave my health insurance card here, but if you have a passport it might be ok without one. I didn't get to ask the owner about it as he was quite busy that day. Overall I think it's a great place for people new to happening bars.

Rusk- this is in ueno, so that might be a good or bad thing depending on where you are coming from. I think this bar is great choice for those who want a new set of people to be around. The ueno crowd are usually different than those that hop around shinjuku. I met a lot of people who only go to rusk, so there are a lot of regulars there. The crowd is very very friendly and will always welcome new people. Many people would stop by and talk a little just to introduce themselves and help make a good atmosphere. I think this bar is great for people who want to talk and make perverted friends lol. There are two playrooms with no peaking allowed. If you want to use the playroom then you ask the staff to unlock the room for you. The staff are very protective of ladies so they always check with them before they go to the playroom. There is a small private room for 1 group and a larger room that can fit about 8 people comfortably. I think I had brought in 6 and when another 6 tried to enter it fot a bit cramped, but not terrible.

So between these 3, I think there are good choices for everyone. I will be going to a repeat bar this weekend but I still have some places I want to try. Once I do I will post some updates!
Nice reviews, thanks! Do you know if any of the places are OK with no Japanese language skills?

Reactions: Mykesama
@jackoffinthebox Thank you so much for your great reviews!
Mille-Feuille- I ate the German potato and chicken gratin. Portions are big so either be very hungry or share! Most things cost about 1000yen but because the taste is great and portions are big I feel like it's a good deal. You do NOT need an insurance card here. When you sign up the owner will make you sign an AV consent contract. This is a safety step to protect you from any police. If the police show up, the owner tells them that he is shooting an AV video and has all the forms. I thought this was genius. The owner is quiet but if you have good japanese he will open up if you start a conversation.
I like Mille-Feuille. We can enjoy talking and watching if they are in mood. There's no CCCD cameras actually (The top secret!). The contract is just a kind of charms or protection. The definition of indecent behaviors/exposures is likely treated as "extend interpretation by the authorities" in everywhere or every time.
Even in the lounge, you can be naked🤣🤣🤣 I like the master.
Arabesque- I gave my health insurance card here, but if you have a passport it might be ok without one. I didn't get to ask the owner about it as he was quite busy that day. Overall I think it's a great place for people new to happening bars.
Lucky you could meet some English speakers. Arabesque used to be non-foreigners friendly bar. I don't like Bar Agreeable, because of the strict rules. In Bar Agreeable, we have to show our IDs all the time.
Now, Arabesque became foreigner acceptable bar. But we can't peep so much there, only we can see their foots or heads. But you can be naked in the lounge as well. The drink menu is quite decent. BTW, have you registered your hand veins for security??
Rusk- Many people would stop by and talk a little just to introduce themselves and help make a good atmosphere. I think this bar is great for people who want to talk and make perverted friends lol.
Rusk is popular in Ueno. I like the vibes, but I felt it is smoky. Non-smoking area is too small, sofa area only. If the venue accept non-Japanese tourists, who don't have Japanese healthcare cards, it is chic more and less smoky than Retreat.

On separate note, I like Canelo in Gotanda and Face in Roppongi/Nishi-azabu. But Retreat Group basically do not accept non-Japanese tourists without Japanese healthcare cards. They say that healthcare cards certify their employers, so they can find the customers are not cops or police officers. However, I am quite wondering if we shift the cards to "MyNumber" cards?? Do they make a form to swear "I am not a cop or police officer"??

Last edited:
Perhaps, now, I suppose it would be great if we can talk outside of Shinjuku area. I meant the other areas of Tokyo, like Shibuya, Gotanda, Ueno, Kinshicho. And, finally, we can summarize them. What do you think??
I am ready to share my impressions as much as possible.
Because here is a good community with good people.

Last edited:
Have not been for a while but Canelo in Gotanda is great; very cool bar / seating area and a couple of locked private rooms for play. Have to ask staff to unlock and they confirm with the lady.
Easy to enter as a single guy and just have some drinks and chat. But I think you need excellent Japanese although nothing against foreigners. Also have a bbs on their website so you can see who going / planning to go. I should visit again it’s been a while and last time was amazing …

• Love
Reactions: Gina
Thanks everyone for your impressions and info!
Lately i am becoming more and more curious about these places and want to try at least 1 time.

Reactions: dweb, Gina and pino
Thanks everyone for your impressions and info!
Lately i am becoming more and more curious about these places and want to try at least 1 time.
It's quite different than anything else. I suggest going along with someone to better explain the atmosphere and to help you navigate your first time. Once you have been to one and understand what's going on it's easy to go to new bars.
And worst case if you go by yourself, just try your best to talk to girls and guys to get a feel for the atmosphere. I always watch how people interact to learn more XD

@jackoffinthebox Thank you so much for your great reviews!

I like Mille-Feuille. We can enjoy talking and watching if they are in mood. There's no CCCD cameras actually (The top secret!). The contract is just a kind of charms or protection. The definition of indecent behaviors/exposures is likely treated as "extend interpretation by the authorities" in everywhere or every time.
Even in the lounge, you can be naked🤣🤣🤣 I like the master.

Lucky you could meet some English speakers. Arabesque used to be non-foreigners friendly bar. I don't like Bar Agreeable, because of the strict rules. In Bar Agreeable, we have to show our IDs all the time.
Now, Arabesque became foreigner acceptable bar. But we can't peep so much there, only we can see their foots or heads. But you can be naked in the lounge as well. The drink menu is quite decent. BTW, have you registered your hand veins for security??

Rusk is popular in Ueno. I like the vibes, but I felt it is smoky. Non-smoking area is too small, sofa area only. If the venue accept non-Japanese tourists, who don't have Japanese healthcare cards, it is chic more and less smoky than Retreat.

On separate note, I like Canelo in Gotanda and Face in Roppongi/Nishi-azabu. But Retreat Group basically do not accept non-Japanese tourists without Japanese healthcare cards. They say that healthcare cards certify their employers, so they can find the customers are not cops or police officers. However, I am quite wondering if we shift the cards to "MyNumber" cards?? Do they make a form to swear "I am not a cop or police officer"??
Millefeuille is definitely my kind of place. I will be going back soon to talk to the owner more and hopefully meet some regulars to see how the atmosphere is.

Yes I did do the palm scanner for arabesque, I totally forgot to mention that. They use the palm scanner in place of a members card.

The day I went to Rusk it wasnt too smokey. People were only using vape pens inside, but I know they also allow smoking. I can't take a heavy smoke atmosphere so that is a big reason I have avoided some bars.

Face looked interesting, how does it compare to Arabesque?

Reactions: Gina and Maxblack
It's quite different than anything else. I suggest going along with someone to better explain the atmosphere and to help you navigate your first time. Once you have been to one and understand what's going on it's easy to go to new bars.
And worst case if you go by yourself, just try your best to talk to girls and guys to get a feel for the atmosphere. I always watch how people interact to learn more XD
Yeah, i think it would be better to go with someone. I speak japanese and have my health card so its just a matter of going with someone to keep the conversation going i guess.

In unofficial news I can say that bliss will be coming back in some form, likely under a new name. Many of the regulars are keeping touch on Twitter and sharing info on good bars to fill the gap. Many are going to club Scarlett which was the old blissout location.
A blissful reincarnation is very much expected. After all "Bliss-Out" was just one of the many manifestations of that venerable club. With my advanced age, I remember it operating as "Silk" before, and as "Le Gran Bleue" before that, and having been in a location near Seibu-Shinjuku eki before moving to the cave where they were for many years.

Face looked interesting, how does it compare to Arabesque?
You can assume it looks same as Lusk in Ueno or Retreat in Shinjuku.
The play rooms are completely separated. You can't peep others as long as you enter the "O-beya" big room. You can't get naked in the lounge area.
But what I do like "Face" provides clean air and incredibly chic design of interiors! All tobaccos or e-cigarettes must be smoked in a small smoking chamber!! Smoking is prohibited in the lounge area. So, we do not have to worry about the smell of tobacco!!
On the other hand, Face is very clouded in Friday nights, Saturdays and Sunday afternoons, because of the good location. Face has only one shower booth. The play rooms are typically fully used. You have to wait so long in the weekends. The customers in weekdays are chic, however, in weekends, the customers are younger like kids.

Last weekend was busy!
Quick overview

great review. in millefeuille can you peep inside the big play area? how many people were there?

great review. in millefeuille can you peep inside the big play area? how many people were there?
The first day we went, it was empty. But it was quite early in the day. Actually we went again this weekend and it had about 10 people. 4 ladies, 6 guys about. It's really hit or miss during the day time. Nights on weekends are the best bet.

There are 3 rooms. One big play room, one small play room, and a peeping room with magic mirrors on the sides. You can go in middle room and see into both rooms. The small room has a curtain it can pull over the mirror for privacy if wanted. In addition, you can play in the main room as well. In fact all the seating couches are convertable into beds and the owner can bring a futon mat to put on top of a folded down couch for people who really want to show off XD.

I’m thinking of going to colors tonight if you’re around and looking for someone to go with. I’ve been plenty of times before, feel free to send me a DM if interested.
Interested (couple) but have no Japanese insurance card, only foreign passport.

Super useful info here! My girlfriend and I just arrived in Japan last night and will be going to one of the suggested spots above, maybe a few! We don’t speak Japanese though.

would be great if any veterans here are going out tonight and open to let us tag along!

Reactions: jackoffinthebox
Breaking News

9259 was raided last night.

On the evening of 28 October, around 21:00, the police entered the venue. Unfortunately, a male individual was found engaging in indecent exposure. He seemed naked and jerking off in the floor. Both he and the staffs present were taken into custody by the police.

It is important to note that there is a risk of crimes involving indecent exposure, even though those venues have membership systems in place.

Metropolitan Police Department has recently increased their efforts in conducting these raids.

Unfortunately, a male individual was found engaging in indecent exposure. He seemed naked and jerking off in the floor. Both he and the staffs present were taken into custody by the police.
What a shock for that man! He probably won't get hard for years. Unless he's into the masochistic. Then he may enjoy the jail.

• Sad
This is where Mille-feuille's AV contract-like system comes into play i guess, right?

This is where Mille-feuille's AV contract-like system comes into play i guess, right?
it might be a good idea .. but i wouldn't put 100 faith on it, unless it has actually been tested in court or there was a precedent already

also maybe, no undressing unless in a play room?

Reactions: Alice and Gina
Do those policemen who chase consenting adults enjoying their lives feel that they are doing any good to society? 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Alice and Gina
Do those policemen who chase consenting adults enjoying their lives feel that they are doing any good to society? 🤦‍♂️
Of course not. Doing good for society isn't their job. Their job is to preserve social order to protect the wealthy.

• Sad
Reactions: Ddddd and Gina
Last weekend's update: tried a new place(Bar S) and revisited 2 previous bars (arabesque and rusk).

Arabesque and rusk:
These are two decent bars. I wanted to revisit to see different day and crowds. Arabesque on Sunday has a different system than usual. It's pay one price and stay all day. The crowd was more mature and relaxed during the day time. It was good to hang out and talk. Less people playing in the room, but I had to leave early that day. Rusk had a Halloween event and they decorated a lot. I actually like the vibe they had that day. Lots of regulars wearing costumes and it was probably the highlight of the weekend. For me, rusk moved up one spot and arabesque moved down one for my recommendations.

(New) bar s: ooooh boy.... This is a unique place to say the least. It's basically an old house converted into a bar. 4 floors. 2nd is bar space and lockers. 3rd is a sitting area. 4th is a playroom. The bathrooms and showers were a little old and a tiny bit dirty, but not terrible. The main problem was the culture of the bar. This is a gangbang bar 100%(I heard rumors but wasn't sure until I went). Women go here for multiple play. Couples go for multiple play. When we went it was a busy affernoon. Meaning like 20 guys and 4 ladies haha. This bar is famously cheap for guys to enter. It's only 4,000 yen for the entire day and you can come and go as you please. Couples are free if they post 3 hours ahead of time.
We met friends there that were regulars. They enjoy multiple play so they often go here. The regulars were friendly enough, but unless people want to do gangbang stuff I cannot suggest this bar. Its also not a great choice for non-japanese speakers. My partner and I enjoyed ourselves even though we don't do gangbang stuff. There was a rope expert that day so my lady was bound up for punishment in front of the very eager gentlemen. We probably won't be going back there but it was an interesting experience to say the least!

(New) bar s: ooooh boy....
OMG!! Did you go Bar S??
Bar S requires Japanese health insurance cards, which means non-Japanese tourists friendly.
I went there several times.
The 2nd floor is smoky, but overall not so dirty. Every customers are kind and they respect manners, but you might feel they are weird for the first time.
If you would like to try another, I would recommend Bar Collabo in Iwamotocho.
I understand you are a resident of Japan or you can communicate in Japanese.

Wait, Bar S? Am I missing something or how does one find that place? Googling just returns a posh bar in Ginza...

Status
Not open for further replies.