Guest viewing is limited

Alternative to Bliss Out in Shinjuku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is 9259 still closed and it this permanent? Sign is still up outside and nothing looks different from outside of the building.
Does anyone have any intel if there will be a different HB in the same building or if the owner is coming back with a new version of his previous bars which were basically the Gold Standard for HB in the past?

I’m planning to try the new version bliss out eventually but 9259 was always my favorite over Bliss so I kind of want to know what course that place will run. Some of the people who took me to HBs only wanted to go there so I’d like to find the closest alternative, or ideally the same place in same location with maybe just a name change…

Reactions: Cinnabums
Is 9259 still closed and it this permanent? Sign is still up outside and nothing looks different from outside of the building.
Does anyone have any intel if there will be a different HB in the same building or if the owner is coming back with a new version of his previous bars which were basically the Gold Standard for HB in the past?

I’m planning to try the new version bliss out eventually but 9259 was always my favorite over Bliss so I kind of want to know what course that place will run. Some of the people who took me to HBs only wanted to go there so I’d like to find the closest alternative, or ideally the same place in same location with maybe just a name change…
I haven't heard anything about it opening, but maybe the staff will move locations. That bar was far too smoky for me. Vola is still chill but not for everyone.

but 9259 was always my favorite over Bliss so I kind of want to know what course that place will run.
No new information, but their website isn't totally dead (yet). There are still some direct link pages still there... (example)
If any new information surfaces, I'm sure someone will catch it and post an update.

• Love
Reactions: Alice
Looks like Retreat will be open early on 12/6, so I will be taking my favourite mature lady there then!

Reactions: Alice
I haven't heard anything about it opening, but maybe the staff will move locations. That bar was far too smoky for me. Vola is still chill but not for everyone.
Hmm. I never had any problems with their bar. One person I came with liked to change into fresh clothes afterwards because of the smoke smell, but I really don’t mind.
It’s not like the room was a blue haze or something, didn’t bother me at all.
Also even if they move, they will probably still allow smoking. The relaxed “everything is possible here” attitude is what makes it so good.
Like one of the Japanese male patrons said that other happening bars often don’t allow men to wear the female cosplay uniforms they have hanging there, but 9259 didn’t mind at all.

I really hope they don’t relocate or that it’s right around the block, because their location was very convenient.
All their signs are still up for now.

Surely if Bliss could reopen at the same location, 9259 can as well…

Going to tokyo with my girl in January. We are both foreigners and doesn’t speak Japanese. We haven’t been to any HB or CK before. Any suggestions on where we can go? Somewhere where there’s some action

Going to tokyo with my girl in January. We are both foreigners and doesn’t speak Japanese. We haven’t been to any HB or CK before. Any suggestions on where we can go? Somewhere where there’s some action
Suggest you read the previous 5 pages of replies, as well as the many posts in this section :) and figure out what fits you. You’ll get more insightful responses by asking specifics once you’ve narrowed it down.

(Get ready to get called out for asking for suggestions without seemingly putting much reading effort into it prior to your post 😇)

Suggest you read the previous 5 pages of replies, as well as the many posts in this section :) and figure out what fits you. You’ll get more insightful responses by asking specifics once you’ve narrowed it down.

(Get ready to get called out for asking for suggestions without seemingly putting much reading effort into it prior to your post 😇)
This poster is not wrong.

There are plenty of answers already here, just read a little and you'll have your answers with just a few minutes of reading. (But, I don't think you'll be able to enter a CK, so stick to HB scene...)

Reactions: Gina
So will Bliss Out reopen again? I found it really strange that it suddenly closed like that in September.

So will Bliss Out reopen again? I found it really strange that it suddenly closed like that in September.
This is old news now, please see updated content in this same section.

Reactions: Gina
Status
Not open for further replies.