Guest viewing is limited

Apps (Bumble, Pairs, Tinder) vs the Bar game and Day game

biggiesmallpop

TAG Member
Reaction score
I've been in the hunt for a few months now, wanted to compare notes w/ any others in the game.
(I read the plate spinning post in detail, so great info there -- dont need to recap the same stuff but enjoyed that thread as well).

My multi-pronged analysis

Apps:
- Tinder - so ridiculously full of bots or chinese fakes it is unsable. I did hookup w/ 1 lady on there so I guess it works sometimes.
- Bumble - was my go-to, but recently it also flooded w/ fakes/bots. I honestly don't know what their game is, sometimes they want to go to LINE id, sometimes they chat endlessly about stupid shit. I have a few I'm trying to string along to find out what the endgame play is. But all in all, there is alot of real talent and I've had a few dates w/ medicore success.
- Pairs - seems way more local Japanesey, but I also had a few decent hookups.
Overall, apps are super time consuming and the ghosting rate is high. (Ie, msg/like 100, get 5-10 responses, 1 or 2 turn into dates, etc). Any woman who doesn't show a full body pic, clear face, or teeth are folks I don't plan to meet. I had one lady refuse to send me a pic of her smiling.

Night Game vs Day Game:
- Honestly not sure where to go anymore at night. It used to be Roppongi like RIgoletto and Heartland and R2, but are those still viable now? Each time I've gone to the HUB it was mostly fully seated and hard to navigate or the girls weren't receptive.
- Walking around Shibuya, Ebisu, Roppongi omg so many hot girls 24x7 -- they all seem to be over dressed and heading to somewhere like a hostness club? I wonder..
- I've had moderate success asking out coffee baristas or shop girls but I really want more of a professional relationship.
- I've stopped girls on the street a few times with moderate luck, but it takes some guts -- usually ask for directions then immediately say oh wow you're so pretty .. lol

Both Day & Night and dating, dressing little nicer, having a nice haircut etc helps (or at least helps my confidence). I also feel drinking 2-3-4 drinks really helps !

Ages:
- I'm also up there in the silver ages, so I'm ok dating down to any age (20's) and into 40's. What I found however is:
- 20's don't ever respond to me on apps, but in person the shameless pickup can work fine
- 30's esp in later ages are so obsessed w/ having a baby it is a big turn-off
- 40's seem quite easy to date (semi-desperate) - problem is most 40's looks really old and had it -- and even worse some are lazy in bed
- No matter what the age, I never meet any girls who have any money, no property, no assets, etc

Love to hear other experiences. I love going to brothels too, but am little worried about crossing STDs across civies and pros...

Haha but no joke I have a friend who is super paranoid about going brothels and then he winds up picking up a girl on tinder and getting STD from her

Reactions: Santi333 and Alice
Thank you for sharing. I also feel that using the app/website take a lot of time and effort. I have yet to get anything out of bar/day game. The most I got from those are just Line/IG contact and they just ghosted me.
Haha but no joke I have a friend who is super paranoid about going brothels and then he winds up picking up a girl on tinder and getting STD from her
I feel the pros are safer. They knows what they are doing, so they tend to protect themself.

Reactions: Cinnabums and Alice
If I had any, I would NEVER tell during a hook up!

Adding on to this, it would be a little TMI and unnecessary/amateurish to be sharing those info for just a hook up.

Money, property, assets may get a man laid quicker but it does the complete opposite for a woman, regardless of age.

Reactions: Alice and Cinnabums
Adding on to this, it would be a little TMI and unnecessary/amateurish to be sharing those info for just a hook up.

Money, property, assets may get a man laid quicker but it does the complete opposite for a woman, regardless of age.

I should qualify I'm actually looking for more than hookups I'm looking for a girlfriend/wife as well. So for a real relationship I'd rather not have a full dependent !

I don't know if it's TMI it's pretty obvious on the first date whether they are super poor or have some established life no ?

Reactions: zerosupblues
I don't know if it's TMI it's pretty obvious on the first date whether they are super poor or have some established life no ?

If they swallow to make you feel good then they probably are in a good place with their lives.

If they do it just for the protein they might be somewhat on the poorer end of the scale.

I should qualify I'm actually looking for more than hookups I'm looking for a girlfriend/wife as well. So for a real relationship I'd rather not have a full dependent !

I used "with" quite a bit with the goal of long-term dating.
All in all I would recommend it if you are also looking for something like that. Had a lot of dates that lead nowhere but also met the right girl and it developed into a long-term relationship.

.....lol, and of course also had a date once with some super crazy borderline girl who creeped me the fuck out. After that I had to take a break from apps for some time ☠️

Reactions: uchimura
Been here in Tokyo for almost 1 year, and both the apps and street random chit chat never ended with hookups for me lol

Tried to talk with tourists on the street or even local Japanese, always ended up with "I have a boyfriend" or "unfortunately, this is my last day in Japan" ... what's wrong with people nowadays?

Been here in Tokyo for almost 1 year, and both the apps and street random chit chat never ended with hookups for me lol

Tried to talk with tourists on the street or even local Japanese, always ended up with "I have a boyfriend" or "unfortunately, this is my last day in Japan" ... what's wrong with people nowadays?
Sounds like it's probably not them that is the issue.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

I feel like this topic has been discussed ad infinitum on these forums and it usually devolves into pointless arguing about which method is "best" or morally superior.

IMO, day game (specifically street nanpa) is the "best" as far as quantity, quality and variety. But it also requires a lot of dedicated time and practice which is not easy or convenient for most people. Plus gaming in the harsh elements of summer and winter sucks.

In my experience, most of the people on here prefer P4P and don't have a positive image of day game.

My experience with apps is that Bumble is great as long as you don't mind westernized/international girls. Pairs and With are both good if you have conversational Japanese and are okay with more "basic" Japanese types, although they both skew somewhat more serious. Tinder is a total waste of time.

Recent experiences of mine, just to contribute:

Wakuwaku Mail: first message received asked me if I was a rich papakatsu, lmao

Omiai: Three chats that lasted at least ten messages in one day, one of which I have a date lined up. Not bad, though I'm using a "free trial" (they have a thing where if you spend money in another app they give you temporary free premium.)

Pairs: No free trial, 5000 yen a month to respond to messages...probably fine but didn't feel like opening the wallet yet since Omiai is hitting

Tinder: On vacation so its in snooze mode but had a few likes. Might be bots, havent really checked.

Bumble: Just registered, will check back.

PCMAX and Happymail: Gonna reregister because I havent logged in for nearly a year

Sorry to double post, but I have some updates for anyone thinking about these apps.

PCMAX/WakuWaku/Happymail: mostly scams, don't waste your time. You might find something here, last year I did get laid through PCMAX, but it's a slog. generally if their profile picture is modified to give them alien anime eyes, they're gonna hit you with the "30000 please" scam

Pairs: One hit in one day, no free trial, up to you. One month is 5000 yen. needs more testing but not me

Tinder: waste of time

Omiai: I cannot even believe this, but I am chatting up seven women, four of which want to meet up, and this is after several days of conversation, so they're not trying to scam me... or they're good at the long con. This has been the big winner so far in terms of interactions. They also have "free premium" (you must purchase something in their partner apps — I bought a few plays on the Capcom UFO Catcher app for one week free.)

Bumble: Not bad, found a date here but volume of interactions is low. mostly foreigners.

9Monsters/Grindr: If you are using these, you are probably using both. Grindr had more interactions but I kinda like 9Ms breeding mechanic

Tapple/With/Ravit: Didn't use

Hope this helps.

Sorry to double post, but I have some updates for anyone thinking about these apps.

PCMAX/WakuWaku/Happymail: mostly scams, don't waste your time. You might find something here, last year I did get laid through PCMAX, but it's a slog. generally if their profile picture is modified to give them alien anime eyes, they're gonna hit you with the "30000 please" scam

Pairs: One hit in one day, no free trial, up to you. One month is 5000 yen. needs more testing but not me

Tinder: waste of time

Omiai: I cannot even believe this, but I am chatting up seven women, four of which want to meet up, and this is after several days of conversation, so they're not trying to scam me... or they're good at the long con. This has been the big winner so far in terms of interactions. They also have "free premium" (you must purchase something in their partner apps — I bought a few plays on the Capcom UFO Catcher app for one week free.)

Bumble: Not bad, found a date here but volume of interactions is low. mostly foreigners.

9Monsters/Grindr: If you are using these, you are probably using both. Grindr had more interactions but I kinda like 9Ms breeding mechanic

Tapple/With/Ravit: Didn't use

Hope this helps.
Thanks for sharing.
Where did it go with the Omiai girls ? Are they expecting to find husband material, boyfriend, sugar daddy, ?
As I'm looking for P4P I feel this app might not be the right one (sugardaddy on the other hand clearly indicate its purpose).

Thanks for sharing.
Where did it go with the Omiai girls ? Are they expecting to find husband material, boyfriend, sugar daddy, ?
As I'm looking for P4P I feel this app might not be the right one (sugardaddy on the other hand clearly indicate its purpose).
Like most dating apps, there's some interested in casual sex, some interested in relationships, some for marriage. The women I'm talking to are looking for casual stuff, since I'm up front with them about what I'm looking for, but I'd say the vast majority want a steady relationship.

Even had one message me asking if I wanted to be drinking buddies, and that's it. She was very firm on only drinking buddies, no dating or relationships. Wild use of a dating app, but ok

Like most dating apps, there's some interested in casual sex, some interested in relationships, some for marriage. The women I'm talking to are looking for casual stuff, since I'm up front with them about what I'm looking for, but I'd say the vast majority want a steady relationship.

Even had one message me asking if I wanted to be drinking buddies, and that's it. She was very firm on only drinking buddies, no dating or relationships. Wild use of a dating app, but ok
Looks like it's just for smartphone usage correct?

Both Day & Night and dating, dressing little nicer, having a nice haircut etc helps (or at least helps my confidence). I also feel drinking 2-3-4 drinks really helps !

Well you actually wrote the best advice. Try different venues also. Many don't believe, but there are other places than Shibuya and Roppongi...

For the apps: don't to use any, save precious time.
For the day night game... thing is it's hard not to share notes or tips without bashing the game situation in Tokyo, so much it never evolved... There's either:
  • 40's dudes approaching 20's yo in Shibuya like total creeps, to then text their buddies they found a 'rare pokemon'
  • IT guys who saw all the nampa videos in the world then think getting one Line that doesn't block out of 20 approaches is a score
  • Guys who score regardless of how rich poor ugly they look. Only difference is they're either tourists or have basic social skills and traveled enough to know how rusty Tokyo game is that being themselves is enough to be ahead

In my case:
I started getting more 7's above when I started avoiding brainless people who could not get more creative than cold approaches in center gai. My first perfect 10 was a Fukuoka bilingual babe at an exhibition opening. Only reason I went was because pop art galleries visit is a hobby. You would never see her at a Hub. Basically, all improved when I just kept following my own hobbies in my hunt.

Ayee, I was waiting for the sequel to this genre.
This post helps so much!!

I will look into Omiai after work.

My luck on the other dating apps hasn't been the best (bumble, okc, etc), and so far in person has been the easiest and more fruitful.

In my case:
I started getting more 7's above when I started avoiding brainless people who could not get more creative than cold approaches in center gai. My first perfect 10 was a Fukuoka bilingual babe at an exhibition opening. Only reason I went was because pop art galleries visit is a hobby. You would never see her at a Hub. Basically, all improved when I just kept following my own hobbies in my hunt.
I feel like this is what pick up should be. Talk to a girl if she is specifically your type, don’t stand in one spot and approach anyone who is slightly acceptable.

You can approach someone anywhere as long as you do it politely and back off when they reject (I would linger around a bit and look their direction sometimes since the rejection could be a reflex before properly looking and thinking it over, but don’t keep talking).