Guest viewing is limited

Best Conbini?

If I could only choose one conbini to go to for the rest of my time in Japan, it would be...

• Seven Eleven

• Lawson

• FamilyMart

• Other...

Results are only viewable after voting.
go to Shin-okubo and get it fresh from the frier at one of the shops there.
After staying in the area for a few weeks, nothing except a hot Korean woman taking pity on me will bring me back to Shin-Okubo. Quite possibly the most packed place in Tokyo with no goddamn space on the sidewalks to properly walk around.

I think it depends on what you're looking for at a particular moment. For one, I've pretty much given up karaage a long time ago because there's usually more breaded grease than actual chicken in a lot of them. I'll only eat them now if I'm absolutely dying. With that said; I go to every combini for one or two specific items which I will list below.

1. 7-11: Cheap, 7-11 PREMIUM BRAND CLEAR STRONGs; sandwiches, cafe late's and chili flavored potato chips.
2. Lawson: Lightly salted Thick Cut potato chips, COLA flavored STRONGS.
3. Family Mart: To use the bathroom and sometimes for Fami-chikin'
4. Mini Stop: Obentos. (Their spaghetti obentos are on point!)

After staying in the area for a few weeks, nothing except a hot Korean woman taking pity on me will bring me back to Shin-Okubo. Quite possibly the most packed place in Tokyo with no goddamn space on the sidewalks to properly walk around.
Japan does have a growing obsession with Korea these days. It became worse during COVID. I actually saw 2 K-Dramas a couple of years ago and liked them. I never, ever, EVER thought those words would come out of my mouth. Now, I'm a regular in Shin-Okubo buying up as much fried chicken as I can (much better than karaage, by the way), and hitting on as many old Japanese women as I can. So far, I'm 2 and 2,000!

Either lose some weight to fit more easily in the space, or gain enough weight to become a terrifying behemoth.

Either lose some weight to fit more easily in the space, or gain enough weight to become a terrifying behemoth.
The first thing my brother said to me when he saw me after I came back home was "Dude, where the fuck is your fat gut?". I am not turning into a terrifying behemoth (again)!

There was a pretty good korean fried chicken place in Shin Okubo, close to the station. I went there twice in September and then once after borders reopened and found out that the quality and service, as well as the portion sizes were worse than before...

The first thing my brother said to me when he saw me after I came back home was "Dude, where the fuck is your fat gut?". I am not turning into a terrifying behemoth (again)!

There was a pretty good korean fried chicken place in Shin Okubo, close to the station. I went there twice in September and then once after borders reopened and found out that the quality and service, as well as the portion sizes were worse than before...
There's lots of good ones on the road between the Don Quijote on Shokuan-dori and Okubo-dori. Just so you have options when you come back.

And you can always gain the weight in muscle mass instead of fat... 'roids are legal here. :devil:

Since most
Shin-Okubo is indeed an extremely annoying part of Tokyo.

Earthdom makes it worthwhile though.

For Korean food, not so much.

Just like Chinatown they cater more to tourists than regulars hence the low quality, a quick money grab.

It's been a while since i've been back to Japan but i remember Daily Yamazaki being the most disappointing combini. I assume that hasn't changed.

Arguing over conbini chicken is like arguing over the best way to chow down on a dog turd.

Dude, we started with JanJan and then went to conbini chicken. I am pretty sure the dog turd is just around the corner.

Reactions: Sudsy
I used to be addicted to the black thunder ice cream that only 7/11 sold... That was enough to get me.
Then famima had those stripe socks with their color and I was ok to pay to do advertising for them.
I like the Lawson printing service interface better... And that creates a bond for several key moments.

I mean, I'm loyal to each of them individually.

Reactions: Alice
Just your monthly reminder to visit a local Lawson and partake in its greatness.
Some Lawson's have little eating areas - you should absolutely take a date there and have a romantic dinner over Karaage-kun Red with a fried onigiri, then for dessert Country Mama's Old-Fashioned Doughnuts.
Such is the tithe I expect from all of thee.

I guarantee you if she is a provider she will rejoice.
(Probably lying to you and absolutely still charge a fortune to fuck you anyway, but yes, rejoice.)

Some Lawson's have little eating areas - you should absolutely take a date there and have a romantic dinner over Karaage-kun Red with a fried onigiri, then for dessert Country Mama's Old-Fashioned Doughnuts.

That was the dirtiest, nastiest thing I have ever read. Not only in TAG, but in general.

Family Mart will always be number 1 because they reliably have good food and they have atm's that you can use with JP post bank, which has helped a lot of students for years. And at times, they offer free Wi-Fi. So my vote is going to Family Mart.

Reactions: requiemmorrow
It appears the lot of you do not have enough faith. The lot of you have sided with the licentious 7-11 or were hacked by Russian satellites to vote for FamilyMart.

Nervous Key And Peele GIF

As with the changing heart of all in these troubling times, a Lawson Inquisition will begin.

Forgive me, as I am but God’s Instrument; your cries will all be joined by a cacophony of chewing sounds of cheese karaage-kun and MUJI To-Go potato chips.

MAKE CONBINI GREAT AGAIN

It appears the lot of you do not have enough faith. The lot of you have sided with the licentious 7-11 or were hacked by Russian satellites to vote for FamilyMart.

Nervous Key And Peele GIF

As with the changing heart of all in these troubling times, a Lawson Inquisition will begin.

Forgive me, as I am but God’s Instrument; your cries will all be joined by a cacophony of chewing sounds of cheese karaage-kun and MUJI To-Go potato chips.

MAKE CONBINI GREAT AGAIN
C'mere....pull my finger

Shin-Okubo is indeed an extremely annoying part of Tokyo.

Earthdom makes it worthwhile though.

For Korean food, not so much.
Bit of thread necromancy but I can’t let a mention of Earthdom on TAG go unmentioned. What a great venue… been a while since I’ve been there but I am 50/50 split on whether I want their backstage to keep smelling like absolute shit or actually get a semblance of cleanliness.

That said, you have to admit the hottoku place on the ground floor is decent!