Guest viewing is limited

Critique My First Pua

In other words a man should not get married so he won't face the penalty.

Men shouldn't get divorced so he won't have to face the penalty. It's cheaper to keep her; or as I always joke, "I believe in death do us part... her's." I also have no intention of getting married however.

Men shouldn't get divorced so he won't have to face the penalty. It's cheaper to keep her; or as I always joke, "I believe in death do us part... her's." I also have no intention of getting married however.
How about widowed?

No. The research says that on average a man is better off healthwise (more than just longevity is involved) and happiness-wise getting married even though a few men are worse off. Of course, health is not the main consideration in deciding whether or not to get married.

You can disbelieve the research of course. It is none too great I'm sure.

-Ww
Let's see US divorced rate is 40-50%. If a guy marries, he had a coin toss of shortening his life. Then you add in the chance of the spouses death. Marriage does not sound so good. Its basically, if you want to die early get marry.

Have to be married first to be widowed.
Single = normal life
Married = normal life - (40-50%) divorced penalty - widowed/penalty

Single = no hoops to jump
Married= 2 big hoops to jump

Single wins.....

I think you are misunderstanding my point. The penalty for divorce only happens if the man gets divorced. It is therefore cheaper to keep the wife or have a dead wife. Yes, there is some cost for funeral and what not, but if you were going to have her suffer an unfortunate accident or she dies naturally, I would imagine there would be life insurance involved. There is no penalty that comes to mind for being a widower. In either case, I was not arguing against your conclusions. I was arguing against your logic.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion of what makes them happy and really who cares about longevity of life? Life is already the longest thing you can do and I'd rather do what makes me happy since I won't make it out alive.

Married = normal life - (40-50%) divorced penalty - widowed/penalty

That's a statistic that is being thrown around for quite some time now. Several things to consider: the divorce rates peeked in 1980's when they reached around 50% (US studies). After that the divorce rate has been going down for three decades.

Also even if 50% of marriages did end in divorce it didn't mean 50% of people got divorced. As people do remarry and then those people actually have much higher probability to end in divorce again. So some people divorce multiple times.

The most recent studies now show that if you got married after 2000 your probabilities are to be married till death you do part is actually 75%. So to avoid the penalties just marry someone much younger than you and make sure she has not divorced before! ;)

Reactions: Wwanderer
I think you are misunderstanding my point. The penalty for divorce only happens if the man gets divorced. It is therefore cheaper to keep the wife or have a dead wife. Yes, there is some cost for funeral and what not, but if you were going to have her suffer an unfortunate accident or she dies naturally, I would imagine there would be life insurance involved. There is no penalty that comes to mind for being a widower. In either case, I was not arguing against your conclusions. I was arguing against your logic.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion of what makes them happy and really who cares about longevity of life? Life is already the longest thing you can do and I'd rather do what makes me happy since I won't make it out alive.
You're forgetting being single don't put you at risk at all. Being married is almost like play Russia Roulette.

That's a statistic that is being thrown around for quite some time now. Several things to consider: the divorce rates peeked in 1980's when they reached around 50% (US studies). After that the divorce rate has been going down for three decades.

Also even if 50% of marriages did end in divorce it didn't mean 50% of people got divorced. As people do remarry and then those people actually have much higher probability to end in divorce again. So some people divorce multiple times.

The most recent studies now show that if you got married after 2000 your probabilities are to be married till death you do part is actually 75%. So to avoid the penalties just marry someone much younger than you and make sure she has not divorced before! ;)
Still Russian Roulette.

As I said to Sinapse, the biggest part of PUA is inner game. All the mistakes you made were the results of your inner game. Studies done in the book and from Dr. Marta Meana said women find men with dominating characteristics as more sexy. Inner game will help you become a dominant man.