Guest viewing is limited

Daily WHO Reports for the Coronavirus Outbreak (Link)

By now they have figured out it's not a plague and making the 70+ folks to stay at home is enough to prevent the hospital over-run which they claimed was the reason for the lock downs to begin with.
Look at you, assuming governments are run by people with basic intelligence.

Only my second time in a being in a big box retailer since pre-lockdowns. Glancing around, everybody nicely masked up except the one guy with his mask on his chin. Of course, non-local guy.

Of course, non-local guy.
Every guy I've seen with a mask on his chin has been Japanese. Either a middle-aged salaryman or a younger construction type.

Every guy I've seen with a mask on his chin has been Japanese. Either a middle-aged salaryman or a younger construction type.

Can’t blame the construction workers tho... considering their working conditions.

I have stopped wearing a mask outside when walking to the station for example. Not many people around me/easy to keep distance and I’m very prone to heat strokes during summer and hot weather. I do wear mask in stores and during training rides.

I have stopped wearing a mask outside
Same, I keep reusables in my pocket for when I get to someplace where I'll be indoors. And I still get a chuckle out of people that wear them when they're solo in their cars (with the windows up even).

I think JP government should take measures.
It seems the situation in JP is getting worse.
Such as?
They can only ask for certain things to be done aside from shuttering government run facilities.

Besides, the magnitude is 10x or 100x less than in Europe, US, Brazil , etc
Yeah, Japan as a whole was +100 today. Could be lower, but not nearly as alarming as other localities around the globe.

Well, Europe is doing fairly well afaik. UK will probably get a huge spike again soon, but that's an island and not really Europe anymore;)

Reactions: TAG Manager
Well, Europe is doing fairly well afaik. UK will probably get a huge spike again soon, but that's an island and not really Europe anymore;)
... was it ever?
But hey you have to grant this to my darling Boris: he’s the only head of state/govt now who truely knows what he’s talking about (on Covid19 at least)

Reactions: TAG Manager
I think JP government should take measures.
It seems the situation in JP is getting worse.

Probably what you will get is another "Tokyo alert". The hospital capacity is not strained as the most of the infected are young this time. The current situation is different from March/April.

People talk about nightlife clusters (I read a news about the channel of infection from a host club in Osaka to a soapland in Tokushima), but I don't think they can close those shops.

most of the infected are young this time
And as a reminder, most of them are being turned up in targeted testing campaigns focusing on host bars and similar establishments.

There's an increase in cases because they're actively testing hot spots.

... was it ever?
But hey you have to grant this to my darling Boris: he’s the only head of state/govt now who truely knows what he’s talking about (on Covid19 at least)

You are confusing things. Just because he got infected, doesn't mean that he knows what he is talking about. I mean, if Covid made you smarter, we wouldn't look for a vaccine, wouldn't we?;)

Reactions: bergmann
You are confusing things. Just because he got infected, doesn't mean that he knows what he is talking about. I mean, if Covid made you smarter, we wouldn't look for a vaccine, wouldn't we?;)
I beg to disagree . But then again I think alcool and TAG make me smarter so you may be right after all

if Covid made you smarter, we wouldn't look for a vaccine, wouldn't we
Look at you, thinking the people in charge would be comfortable with the populace getting smarter!

A huge chunk stem from host and hostess clubs.

It's also kinda stable and the serious cases are on a constant decline.

And, as mentioned before, they're doing targeted testing of high risk areas, which will naturally turn up more cases than just waiting for serious ones. Most of the cases they're turning up are asymptomatic now.

Reactions: Lukes
Today Tokyo +67

They had the pow-wow and decided the magic number 50 was no longer relevant.

The old guidelines were "vague and superficial" so they decided to get some new ones, as described here: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/06/30/national/tokyo-new-coronavirus-monitoring-guidelines/

Sounds like the "red alert" system has been scraped.....

Koike-san, you don't have to put on the red light!
.......put on the red light