Everything 90's

I think for the people in my age group it would be better if you define which 90's do you mean?

Excellent thread, @Simonka.
Here’s my absolutely random thoughts on the 90s:
My first overseas job, the screeching sound of dial-up connection to go online, Netscape, Windows 95, Steve Jobs back at Apple, Super Nintendo, Nokia’s “banana” phone, Nelson Mandela, bombs over Baghdad, Monica Lewinsky, Princess Diana, Lorena Bobbitt, cargo pants and bandannas, Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls, the Dream Team, Tiger Woods, Thriller, Tupac, The Notorious B.I.G., Un Coeur en Hiver, The Matrix, Leon: The Professional, Unforgiven, La Femme Nikita, Phil Collins, The Three Tenors, Oasis, Smilla’s Sense of Snow, Sade and so much more.

Excellent thread, @Simonka.
Here’s my absolutely random thoughts on the 90s:
My first overseas job, the screeching sound of dial-up connection to go online, Netscape, Windows 95, Steve Jobs back at Apple, Super Nintendo, Nokia’s “banana” phone, Nelson Mandela, bombs over Baghdad, Monica Lewinsky, Princess Diana, Lorena Bobbitt, cargo pants and bandannas, Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls, the Dream Team, Tiger Woods, Thriller, Tupac, The Notorious B.I.G., Un Coeur en Hiver, The Matrix, Leon: The Professional, Unforgiven, La Femme Nikita, Phil Collins, The Three Tenors, Oasis, Smilla’s Sense of Snow, Sade and so much more.

Aaaah , Sade. The 1790’s version of course! :)

First time I watched a musical live (Les Miserables)

Miss Saigon.
Mulan (Mulan's singing by Lea Salonga). Alladin (Jasmine's singing by Lea Salonga)

Beauty and the Beast (my favorite disney cartoon)
Batman; The Mask of the Phantasm (my favorite batman cartoon)
Ghost in the Shell (cartoons)
Princess Mononoke

Rorouni Kenshin anime

Forrest Gump
Crimson Tide (my favorite denzel movie)
Saving Private Ryan
What Dreams May Come (my favorite robin williams film)

The Silence of the Lambs (film)
Night of the Living Dead (remake--"they are coming to get you barbara")
Ringu

Phantom (Susan Kay--One of my favorite novels)
Message in a Bottle (novel and film)
Without Remorse (one of my favorite clancy novels)
Point of Impact (my favorite stephen hunter novel)
Transfer of Power (my favorite vince flynn novel)
H. Jay Riker novels
The Fist of God (my favorite frederick forsyth novel)
HMS Unseen (my 2nd favorite patrick robinson novel)
The Fifth Profession (one of my favorite david morell novels)

The Matrix, Leon: The Professional, Unforgiven, La Femme Nikita, Phil Collins
I like these also

Here’s the infamous stained blue Gap dress worn by Ms. Lewinsky during an encounter with #42 in Feb. 1997 F48E5CC4-F2EE-46CA-ADE1-8DCB5C890B07.jpeg

Ally Mcbeal show
Lucy Liu ルーシー流!
Seinfield
Full house
Seven heaven
Starbucks
Hikaru Utada
Princess Diana's death

I was in NYC, that's why those TV show names appear!!!

- Nirvana. Nirvana was okay

Fairly recently, in the (19)90s, Nirvana was a strip club in Tokyo (Kabukicho I *think*), part of the same chain of clubs as 7th Heaven.

Or maybe the one in Kabukicho was called Paradise, and Nirvana was in Asakusa?

There was at least one other in the group too.

Anyone remember those places? Only 7th is left now of course, and it is a pale shadow of its former self at best.

-Ww

Ah.... the 90s.

Hinomaru when it was actually a great place to go. Back then the standard was for the girls to slip a skin on you and hop on for a ride in cowgirl, and most of them were pretty good looking.

Then there was the Arab group.... Club Arab, Utamaro, and 21 Seiki. 7,000 yen for a one hour three girl rotation (2 girls in 21 seiki) or the whole time with one girl for a 2K shimei fee if you had a favourite.

Ah.... the 90s.

Hinomaru when it was actually a great place to go. Back then the standard was for the girls to slip a skin on you and hop on for a ride in cowgirl, and most of them were pretty good looking.

Then there was the Arab group.... Club Arab, Utamaro, and 21 Seiki. 7,000 yen for a one hour three girl rotation (2 girls in 21 seiki) or the whole time with one girl for a 2K shimei fee if you had a favourite.
21 Seiki was pretty good. Utamaro was the place upstairs, right?

Almost nothing has changed. I do lament the phasing out of the iPod with the wheel. Some neighborhoods still had a slight whiff of uniqueness to them. Shimokitazawa where I lived for many years was great. Less information and connectivity meant more adventure and freedom. There were fewer gaijin screwing the whole place up. There was a club in Shinjuku called Milos Garage and a smaller place in Aoyama called Mix. 328 in Azabu. Horny, arty girls in barets. Doutor had a sandwich that was a toasted English muffin with some crispy lettuce and a dollop of tunafish. Fucking perfect. Airline tickets were pretty much the same price as they are now. Rent is the same. Sushi isnt as good because the supply chain has become globalized and standardized. It tastes the same everywhere.

Reactions: cabbie
Yep, and Club Arab was the basement place around behind Tokyu Be.
I never went to Club Arab. 21 Seiki did the trick for me usually. What 20 years ago? Jeez. I hate to think how many of the girls who serviced me back then might still be in the business. I hope they are all retired in Nagano someplace married to some guy who is none the wiser.

I hate to think how many of the girls who serviced me back then might still be in the business.

If they are, they probably have a shift at Happy Hinomaru.

Reactions: BB0523 and MikeH