First song of your day

You and I had a very different 80s. ;)

OK... this'll get you going.

Reactions: Sudsy

Good for backup sounds for reading online

Ridiculously horny today, and thinking about this stupid fucking song all day didn’t help.

Reactions: Sudsy
Y’all need the Rezillos.

Reactions: Requiemmorrow
This old fun ditty turned up while I was at the gym :)

(This was the B Side to Stand and Deliver - which was also covered very nicely by No Doubt in most of their live shows)

Well tie me up and hit me with a stick
Beat me beat me
Yeah, use a truncheon or a household brick
Beat me beat me
There's so much happiness behind these tears
Beat me beat me
I pray you'll beat me
For ten thousand years
Beat me beat me

I'm black and blue baby
I love you
Be your dog
For just one flog
You don't hear me plead
For you to make me bleed
Beat me beat me
Oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh

Well use a truncheon or a cricket bat
Beat me beat me
A good beatings really where its at
Beat me beat me

By now, several of you know about my addiction to The Grateful Dead.

That's why, last weekend, I attended both Dead & Company shows at CitiField on 2022-07-15 and 2022-07-16.

This morning I went to archive.org and popped on the show from 7-16 (link below). It was an especially fun show because I was hanging out with my friend, Mr. Fun Guy ;) Incriminating pics have been hidden lol

So, the my first song of the day today was "Playing In The Band."

Then I proceeded to listen to the rest of the show as I worked from home :)

Excerpt from "Playing In The Band"
Words by Robert Hunter; music by Bob Weir

Some folks trust to reason
Others trust to might
I don't trust to nothing
But I know it come out right

Say it once again now
Oh I hope you understand
When it's done and over
Lord, a man is just a man

Playing
Playing in the band
Daybreak
Daybreak on the land

Russian surf rock.

Thanks to another thread I’m looking through my favorite choral suites. Recommend listening at the end of your day to wind down and feel contemplative:

Thanks to another thread I’m looking through my favorite choral suites. Recommend listening at the end of your day to wind down and feel contemplative:

By far the hardest musical instrument to perfect. It's soothing yes but I get this feeling of something spiritual/religious which I'm sad to say is upsetting to my stomach. I'm glad you find it enjoyable to you. :D

Reactions: Requiemmorrow
By far the hardest musical instrument to perfect. It's soothing yes but I get this feeling of something spiritual/religious which I'm sad to say is upsetting to my stomach. I'm glad you find it enjoyable to you. :D
Haha, not this song set. This is based off of poems about roses. Neither the composer or the poet are hardcore religious...it is actually kind of amusing as most modern choral music plays on that "religious sound" without actually including it.

Lauridsen's music is famous for his obsession with fire and water chords with partial resolution - it is soothing, but jars the listener slightly because of suspensions and/or strange interval choices. I actually sat in on his music theory classes in USC, and the man is quite the character.

Anyway, thank you for giving it a try. If you want to wash away the religious grime, I recommend recovery listening to "Mars" from Gustav Holst's The Planets. Instant recovery. :D