Guest viewing is limited

In Sexless Japan, Almost Half Of Single Young Men And Women Are Virgins

Yeah you are right. In a more standardized indicator of total fertility rate, East Asian countries' scores are all low.
So here you go! They import Asian ladies , thus increasing their birth rates, and lowering the other Asian countries even more... Then they declare war to those Asian countries, which by then have no young men to defend themselves! A new "Great Asian Sphere of Prosperity ", back to the good old 30s! Damn I should be elected Prime Minister of Japan! (-:

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
TL:DR; I would say their Jobs drive their focus hence the increase in virgin rates.

I read the same thing, hell there are even documentaries about this. FYI about to go in one of my little SLS Sponge rants but needs to be said. From what I have noticed and what people have already said, Japanese men tend to pay for sex a lot more. Now as far as the reason is concerned I will chalk it up to they don't want to do perverted things in the home with their GFs, Fiances, or Wives. If they are virgins more then likely it is used as a means to get experience on how to please a woman. Another issue is that many people would rather get themselves established and focus on their jobs and be financially sound before they commit to anything or they view their careers as to valuable to give up for a partner which would require work. Side note I had a Japanese teacher in High School tell me that after the Kobe earthquake many Japanese called their jobs to see if they needed to come in before checking on relatives, rumor? Possibly. The amount of single women in their 30s 40s 50s without kids is quite astounding especially if they are career driven women. Take for example Filipino women, when pressured about my age and they find out that I am older and without children the next thing they ask is "Are you a virgin?" The point being is that they tend to focus on careers. What I have noticed along with most of the world is that Japan's population is in a steady decline do to low birth rates etc...Who knows I might find a pretty Japanese gal who wants to see the purple mountains of Colorado but I am not holding out any hope anytime soon. If you got to this point of my nonsensical rant I first off would say sorry for the length, next this is my opinion and I will change it based upon facts brought up, 3rd if I offended you then I apologize, 4th Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers.

Reactions: User#15143
Its easy to sort out. Westerner girls have sex for pleasure. Japanese have sex to find mate and make families. This is out of the mizu shobai and sex trade classes. Girls in my wife's family say they cannot be bothered with boyfriends. Many guys do not have the money to start a family or have become so self-absorbed I am not surprised they are not fucking. End of the day...more for me. ;)

TL:DR; I would say their Jobs drive their focus hence the increase in virgin rates.

I read the same thing, hell there are even documentaries about this. FYI about to go in one of my little SLS Sponge rants but needs to be said. From what I have noticed and what people have already said, Japanese men tend to pay for sex a lot more. Now as far as the reason is concerned I will chalk it up to they don't want to do perverted things in the home with their GFs, Fiances, or Wives. If they are virgins more then likely it is used as a means to get experience on how to please a woman. Another issue is that many people would rather get themselves established and focus on their jobs and be financially sound before they commit to anything or they view their careers as to valuable to give up for a partner which would require work. Side note I had a Japanese teacher in High School tell me that after the Kobe earthquake many Japanese called their jobs to see if they needed to come in before checking on relatives, rumor? Possibly. The amount of single women in their 30s 40s 50s without kids is quite astounding especially if they are career driven women. Take for example Filipino women, when pressured about my age and they find out that I am older and without children the next thing they ask is "Are you a virgin?" The point being is that they tend to focus on careers. What I have noticed along with most of the world is that Japan's population is in a steady decline do to low birth rates etc...Who knows I might find a pretty Japanese gal who wants to see the purple mountains of Colorado but I am not holding out any hope anytime soon. If you got to this point of my nonsensical rant I first off would say sorry for the length, next this is my opinion and I will change it based upon facts brought up, 3rd if I offended you then I apologize, 4th Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers.
No offense taken! You Colorado Man?
Love those dudes!

Reactions: RightOn6975
I just find this weird. Out of all the girls I've been with, only 1 was a virgin, and most of the girls I've been with were 20-26ish, from street approaches in young areas... Statistically, I should have had a ton more virgins than that....

Let the truth be known: I'm French and I like to pee sitting down! (and I don't consider that as an awful self-inflicted wound to my virility, to be honest... in fact ladies love it!)

But sorry, this is getting rather off topic! :)
Let the truth be known: I'm French and I like to pee sitting down! (and I don't consider that as an awful self-inflicted wound to my virility, to be honest... in fact ladies love it!)

But sorry, this is getting rather off topic! :)

lol, im french also, and i pee sitting down when im drunk.

Yes. Unless they "import" asian ladies with the sole purpose of making Japanese-looking babies (educated the Japanese way) with all those unmarried guys saying they are virgins. Cause obviously they would not like too many foreign-looking "Halfs". Hey, i dont put a zero probability on this ever happening...

This is already happening in China, who have their own population weirdness after decades of the 1-child policy and families utilizing abortion and other means to have a son instead of a daughter. This has created a population that's abnormally male-heavy, and men who can't find a Chinese woman to marry are importing Vietnamese and other Asian women to couple up with.

This is already happening in China, who have their own population weirdness after decades of the 1-child policy and families utilizing abortion and other means to have a son instead of a daughter. This has created a population that's abnormally male-heavy, and men who can't find a Chinese woman to marry are importing Vietnamese and other Asian women to couple up with.

And many of them aren't just importing but kidnapping them....

Reactions: patty diaz
I just find this weird. Out of all the girls I've been with, only 1 was a virgin, and most of the girls I've been with were 20-26ish, from street approaches in young areas... Statistically, I should have had a ton more virgins than that....

I believe the term is sample selection bias. Basically virgins don't seem to be the ones buying what you're selling!

Frankly though, if they're a virgin after the age of even 16-17 these days, thank god! :eek:

Reactions: Wwanderer
. Another is that the robot work force dream becomes a reality in Japan.

-Ww

That isn't very far from happening, I wouldn't call it a dream anymore. I think within the next 20 years there will major economic disruptions and realignments as companies world-wide automate their work forces.

Japan might be one of the countries that benefits from this the most. Countries like the USA will try to resist using them because politicians will pander to voters who will lose jobs to automated and robotic systems.

Honda's cute little Asimo is impressive, but he has been more of a technology demonstration as what a domestic helper robot might look like.

However, there are a host of industrial robots that don't need to be in humanoid form and that can already reduce the need for human workers.

Manufacturing is just the beginning, the next 20 years will see robots being used in agricultural, logistics and even in retail and food services.

That isn't very far from happening, I wouldn't call it a dream anymore. I think within the next 20 years there will major economic disruptions and realignments as companies world-wide automate their work forces.

Japan might be one of the countries that benefits from this the most. Countries like the USA will try to resist using them because politicians will pander to voters who will lose jobs to automated and robotic systems.

Honda's cute little Asimo is impressive, but he has been more of a technology demonstration as what a domestic helper robot might look like.

However, there are a host of industrial robots that don't need to be in humanoid form and that can already reduce the need for human workers.

Manufacturing is just the beginning, the next 20 years will see robots being used in agricultural, logistics and even in retail and food services.

I could hardly agree with nearly every word of this more and indeed have been preaching pretty much the same sermon elsewhere (in a place where it is more directly relevant) for some time. Change that will rival and quite possibly exceed that associated with the industrial revolution is coming soon to lives near you!

(The use of "dream" you quote was intended to be flip, not derogatory, btw.)

-Ww

I could hardly agree with nearly every word of this more and indeed have been preaching pretty much the same sermon elsewhere (in a place where it is more directly relevant) for some time. Change that will rival and quite possibly exceed that associated with the industrial revolution is coming soon to lives near you!

(The use of "dream" you quote was intended to be flip, not derogatory, btw.)

-Ww

A bit of yes and a bit of no, I would say. I find people are always way overestimating the reach of continuous technological advancement and excess capital always results in a period of over investment and diminishing returns.

It is these ashes though that people adjust to and serve as the fertilizer or pavement for the next phase of advancement. Think about the convergence of factors that had to come together for Facebook to become relevant. Same with Uber. Declining costs allow leading edge tech to chase low incremental value-add.

Obviously beware if you're in an industry that is low touch (minimal social interaction), low complexity (minimal judgement required) or "cool" (many dollars chasing it, restaurants have always been a tough business for example) .. but investing in something that serves as fertilizer for the future isn't useful either. :p

Also - the words "Internet of Things" makes me want to vomit. Things have had sensors FOREVER and checking the contents of my fridge via phone is "mostly" stupid.

Last edited:
Also - the words "Internet of Things" makes me want to vomit. Things have had sensors FOREVER and checking the contents of my fridge via phone is "mostly" stupid.

Well, it is not only mostly stupid but utterly irrelevant. Fortunately that has nothing to do with the actual meaning of IoT which is to allow all those sensors to interact with each other, form semi-intelligent units and then interact with other similar systems automatically.

The real disruption comes when we get the software systems to handle all that real-time information and then make intelligent decisions based on that. An easy (and oversimplified example) would be a building that notices a fire calling up the fire brigade himself as well as arranging the road for the fire trucks to be cleared to allow them a speedy access.

In a desperate attempt to get back to the subject I would say that this is still much further away than building a decent sex robot which would then cure the population from their virginity. No human interaction, no awkward conversation, just fulfilling a physical need; dream or nightmare?

In a desperate attempt to get back to the subject I would say that this is still much further away than building a decent sex robot which would then cure the population from their virginity. No human interaction, no awkward conversation, just fulfilling a physical need; dream or nightmare?
I think we had another thread about that. Bottomline was that it freaks guys out and while some people want to try it for the novelty (myself included) people generally much prefer the real thing.

What if there were some kind of sex clone that had a computer chip for a brain?

Real human flesh, but it had the brain of the iPhone's Siri.

I might take one of those for a test run.

Reactions: MikeH and Wwanderer
I think we had another thread about that. Bottomline was that it freaks guys out and while some people want to try it for the novelty (myself included) people generally much prefer the real thing.

You all need to watch HBO's 'Westworld'. It's 'Game of Thrones' replacement and it's about a Wild West amusement park (if you can call it that) in the future which humans "guests" visit which include robot "hosts" that are indistinguishable from humans. The guests have their way with them, including killing them and of course, having sex with them. In any case, it's an excellent show worth watching.

You all need to watch HBO's 'Westworld'. It's 'Game of Thrones' replacement and it's about a Wild West amusement park (if you can call it that) in the future which humans "guests" visit which include robot "hosts" that are indistinguishable from humans. The guests have their way with them, including killing them and of course, having sex with them. In any case, it's an excellent show worth watching.
Though I've read some mixed reviews about the show, the buzz it generated when it first came out makes interested enough to check it out...eventually. I still need to start Game of Thrones for crying out loud!

Somewhat relevant, I personally recommend 'Black Mirror'. It's kinda like a Twilight Zone/Outer Limits type of show, with it's main focus on technology and how "evil" it can be. What makes the show great is that the ideas presented, though are very sci-fi, are based on technology that we can possibly see in the near future. There is even one episode called "Be Right Back" that dwells on the use of a robot/android in place of a loved one. Good stuff.

Though I've read some mixed reviews about the show, the buzz it generated when it first came out makes interested enough to check it out...eventually. I still need to start Game of Thrones for crying out loud!

Somewhat relevant, I personally recommend 'Black Mirror'. It's kinda like a Twilight Zone/Outer Limits type of show, with it's main focus on technology and how "evil" it can be. What makes the show great is that the ideas presented, though are very sci-fi, are based on technology that we can possibly see in the near future. There is even one episode called "Be Right Back" that dwells on the use of a robot/android in place of a loved one. Good stuff.

I've got three words supporting Westworld: Thandie Newton nude!

Thandie-Newton.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeH
I still need to start Game of Thrones for crying out loud!

My advice is not to post on TAG or do anything that is non-life-critical until you have seen at least two seasons of GoT!

You do NOT want to risk dying in some accident before you get to see it...every moment of delay is risky!

-Ww