Guest viewing is limited

Japan Opening Up? From April 8, 2022 | Now October 11, 2022 - Normal Tourism.

I left my local standing bar late last night. The streets were empyish so no mask but I came across a group of Japanese and they really went out of their way to avoid me walking near me (like out in the street) and it made me feel well......a pinch uncomfortable so I'll me more people wary for a while longer.

• Wow
Reactions: Doggyfong
My view would diverge from TAG boss on the masks. I perceive anyone who doesn’t wear one in proximity to others - other than when eating or drinking - to be kind of an ass. Typically it’s gonna be foreigners doing this yeah. Broadcasts “couldn’t give a frak about anyone else or where I am tourist”. But yeah I’ve probably been here too long. I like masks now and actually feel more comfortable wearing them tbh.
I could never get comfortable wearing them, there was a point and time where I would agree that it was a good idea to wear one in enclosed spaces during the peak of the virus. I didn't argue about because it made sense but now that time has passed by... Now, it's just a matter of the herd mentality.
I saw more Japanese on the trains yesterday without masks, so it's changing, slowly...

Reactions: CharlieSimms
I left my local standing bar last bar late. The streets were empyish so no mask but I came across a group of Japanese and they really went out of their way to avoid me walking near me (like out in the street) and it made me feel well......a pinch uncomfortable so I'll me more people wary for a while longer.
I don't think it was the mask issue. 🤣

Would have been even worse if I stepped on myself and fell down :p:):D:p (like that could ever happen)

I could never get comfortable wearing them, there was a point and time where I would agree that it was a good idea to wear one in enclosed spaces during the peak of the virus. I didn't argue about because it made sense but now that time has passed by... Now, it's just a matter of the herd mentality.
I saw more Japanese on the trains yesterday without masks, so it's changing, slowly...
I’m with you on this and feel exactly the same way.

The herd mentality is part of it…the other is just how hopelessly pathetic humanity is that we couldn’t maintain the mandate well enough to keep that virus under control, and it spread uncontrollably across the world anyway. We had one job as a species, and fucking blew it.

Anyway…not looking to start a fight here or cause this thread to get locked so I will ignore replies to this comment.

Reactions: TAG Manager
Wait wtf, how did I not notice these are CoCo ichi?

Now I have to go out and get that one too. CoCo ichi is my guilty pleasure.

Wait wtf, how did I not notice these are CoCo ichi?

Now I have to go out and get that one too. CoCo ichi is my guilty pleasure.
My largest complaint is that they aren't always available. I had one yesterday and they had two on the shelf that were ready. I tried another location that didn't have any, so there's that. But they are in fact, quite good. Enjoy when you can get one.

Would have been even worse if I stepped on myself and fell down :p:):D:p (like that could ever happen)

It can't happen as coming from a bar you are so excited that it hits your forehead.

The fear is growing.

Farid Bang Stuntman GIF by 16BARS

Since everything seems to normalize again, I'll also come back to Tokyo for a few months starting November. Will be interesting to see how everything has changed since I left short after the first state of emergency. Seems a few things will take forever to get back to normal -_-
While renting an apartment I also checked for gyms close by and was a bit baffled by the rules.....is wearing a mask still mandatory in all gyms in Japan? I don't care too much about wearing a mask in daily life, but during sport is horrible.

Since everything seems to normalize again, I'll also come back to Tokyo for a few months starting November. Will be interesting to see how everything has changed since I left short after the first state of emergency. Seems a few things will take forever to get back to normal -_-
While renting an apartment I also checked for gyms close by and was a bit baffled by the rules.....is wearing a mask still mandatory in all gyms in Japan? I don't care too much about wearing a mask in daily life, but during sport is horrible.

I just applied for a gym membership recently, and they still require you to wear a mask while training.

Reactions: Danbo
I just applied for a gym membership recently, and they still require you to wear a mask while training.
Thanks for the info....I had hope that the rules between chains/shops could differ.
Cardio is just impossible with a mask and full membership fee just for weights seems excessive.
Maybe jogging outside and weights at a public gym are the best option until proper training is possible again.

I do it. My gym is full of people doing it. I dont think its impossible.
Probably a matter of getting used to it and also depends how you train.
Currently doing long sets after which I am drenched...and when the masks gets wet it becomes a problem.
...maybe I'm just a crybaby

I do it. My gym is full of people doing it. I dont think its impossible.

They posted a rule in my gym telling that you do not need to wear a mask while using the treadmill. But you still need to wear one while lifting.

Makes perfect scientific sense to me.

They posted a rule in my gym telling that you do not need to wear a mask while using the treadmill. But you still need to wear one while lifting.

Makes perfect scientific sense to me.
In my gym they have screens between cardio machines which is their justification for allowing it.

Reactions: Danbo
In my gym they have screens between cardio machines which is their justification for allowing it.
In my gym the lifting racks are like 3 metres apart from each other. Masks mandatory.

In my gym the lifting racks are like 3 metres apart from each other. Masks mandatory.

My gym is tiny and masks are mandatory outside of the cardio machines. Personally I am not that bothered. We did a survey at work and about 30% of the office is still in favour of mask-wearing at the office. There is a guy at the gym who wears two masks, plastic gloves, and disinfects everything he can reach between sets. My wife's parents are old and her dad just had a stroke. So I generally wear a mask so that I don't stress out the people around me - and because the evidence shows that masks do reduce the viral load, which seems to reduce the impact of any covid infection. But I'm not religious about it. If I am boozing on the train I won't bother. If I am outside I am less likely to. So I don't think it is herd mentality or anything, I just think that everyone has their own shit to deal with and a lot of people wear masks in Japan for the people around them.

(I have about 8 Abenomasks for the gym btw because I can wash them and they're more comfortable than proper masks. They fucking stink now though.)

My gym is just wear a mask all the time whilst you are there. Its not that hard.

My office is pretty much nobody wears a mask. Also not hard.

I just do both things and then worry about more important stuff when i get the chance, also not hard.

If i had a choice. Id just like everyone to wear masks all the time. 99% of you all arent good looking enough for me to catch a cold from and it be worth it.