Guest viewing is limited

Japan Vets: Were the Old Days Better and if so, How?

Reactions: requiemmorrow
I think I love French cheese almost as much as sex. Only issue is if I eat too much of it, sex becomes impossible.

Now the mission is to find out how much sex you need to have to make it impossible to eat cheese.

Reactions: rikkun and Sudsy
I think I love French cheese almost as much as sex. Only issue is if I eat too much of it, sex becomes impossible.
I am close to that point … having to choose between the two …. maybe cheese is the best option ? Sex disappointed me sometimes. But a pungent Epoisses , never .

Reactions: rikkun
Reactions: Frenchy
It’s not just Japan. An older friend of mine has spent 40 years in Korea. He doesn’t have much to show for it at least financially. However, he has traveled around Asia and seen things that relatively few Americans get to experience.

Reactions: zerosupblues
I remember some 20 years a big(a few metres in height) lit up screen saying 本番10,000円 above where Saizeria in Gotanda is, opposite direction from Mongeringtown.

• Haha
Reactions: TAG Manager
They weren't better.
I was always in a relationship and truthful.
So much to make up for!

Yes, but OP is supposedly early 30s. That, to me, is a danger zone. You're too old to attract the traditional "I want to be married with kids by 25" idiot Japanese officer worker female
This doesn't make any sense. Since the end of the bubble era If a Japanese women wanted to get married and be a house wife by 25 she needed a man with enough income to live that lifestyle and Japanese men in their 20's make dog shit money. A women who wants to have a family in her early to mid twenties is absolutely going to look for a man in his 30's or early 40''s since that's when a man in Japan starts making enough money to support a wife and child.

Reactions: cuckhimnow
I think it is very hard to say what is the right decision because it heavily depends on your character and situation in life. the triangle Stability-Money-Dreams is a tough one. You can't have all 3, figuring 1,5-2 out is doable. Just focusing on 1 without thinking about the others will most likely land you in a position that you will regret later on.

This doesn't make any sense. Since the end of the bubble era If a Japanese women wanted to get married and be a house wife by 25 she needed a man with enough income to live that lifestyle and Japanese men in their 20's make dog shit money. A women who wants to have a family in her early to mid twenties is absolutely going to look for a man in his 30's or early 40''s since that's when a man in Japan starts making enough money to support a wife and child.
I’ve seen quite a few Japanese couples where the man looks older than the woman. Significant age gaps seem to be more socially acceptable here than in the states.

You kidding? There are tons of unattached/divorced Japanese women in their 30s and up that are practically begging for dates. My older single friends' only complaints are that they have too many options.
I can vouch for this too. It's fish in a barrel and women age better here so the 30yos look like 20yos to my eyes.

Only negative is the baby fever

And the sometimes quite irrational behavior... :LOL:
Yes, there’s definitely a fair few that are single in their 40s for a damned good reason.

Why do the crazy ones have to be so good in bed?

Yes, there’s definitely a fair few that are single in their 40s for a damned good reason.

Why do the crazy ones have to be so good in bed?
I can only agree to that. It sometimes make me sad for them (not the bed part :LOL: )

The most irrational behavior and acts I've seen in Japan so far were with women that get close to 50 (above and below).
Great people, smart, cute, very often a career on their own, great dates but then all of sudden, before you know it...Kaboom for no reason.
I've tried to find explanations (hormones balance, previous relationships) but sometimes, it's just pure madness, all of a sudden.

My FWB is in that age category and she has imploded about two or three times, always out of the blue. Now I know her well so it doesn't get too much effort to bring her back to a "rational" way of thinking. If I ever did make sense myself ;)

But she did explained the mood switches as a consequence of her menopause starting. She also told me about that fear of getting old, with no one looking at you anymore, especially male in the Japanese society. The girl is beautiful, super smart, awesome in bed and when you hear that kind of speech, you're wondering about this society here.

Last edited:
I can only agree to that. It sometimes make me sad for them (not the bed part :LOL: )

The most irrational behavior and acts I've seen in Japan so far were with women that get close to 50 (above and below).
Great people, smart, cute, very often a career on their own, great dates but then all of sudden, before you know it...Kaboom for no reason.
I've tried to find explanations (hormones balance, previous relationships) but sometimes, it's just pure madness, all of a sudden.

My FWB is in that age category and she has imploded about two or three times, always out of the blue. Now I know her well so it doesn't get too much effort to bring her back to a "rational" way of thinking. If I ever did make sense myself ;)

But she did explained the mood switches as a consequence of her menopause starting. She also told me about that fear of getting old, with no one looking at you anymore, especially male in the Japanese society. The girl is beautiful, super smart, awesome in bed and when you hear that kind of speech, you're wondering about this society here.
I didn't realize this was a thing until reading this thread. My ex gf blew up 5 or 6 times like this. Classic BPD "painting me black" kind of stuff triggered off something small. Is that what it is for you guys? The "yep, I knew it all along, you ARE that evil guy I imagined you might be from day 1, it's over" and then back together a week or two later

Reactions: SugoiBoy