Guest viewing is limited

Life In Japan - The Low Points

Have you noticed how rarely Japanese people talk about sex?

Back when I was living in France I would sometimes find it a little excessive when my female coworkers would exchange detailed accounts of their boyfriends' sexual performances at 9 in the morning but here it seems like it's the other extreme, even among friends.

A few months ago I went on a date with a filippino girl, I found it so refreshing when she said "Can you imagine how she must sound in bed?" when the girl at the bar addressed us with that high-pitched whiny voice that a lot of Japanese girls seem to think is cute but is in fact downright emetic. (I hate cuteness, it makes me sick to my guts)

Hmmm...not to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you may not be in the ideal country for your tastes. Never underestimate the power of kawaii in Japan; kawaii-ness is everything and all powerful...like it or not. :-|

-Ww

I am all too aware of that. I emigrated for economic reasons. I traded my friends and my sexlife for a higher paying job. I'm currently testing the limits of what money can make you accept. It's nice to have threads like this one to vent my frustration.

I am all too aware of that. I emigrated for economic reasons. I traded my friends and my sexlife for a higher paying job. I'm currently testing the limits of what money can make you accept. It's nice to have threads like this one to vent my frustration.

Believe it or not, the older I get, the less I care about sex and more about money haha. I'm not bitter. I know that Japanese people are just shy and nervous around foreigners as it is such a homogeneous society. I have been improving on my behaviors in public and in general. I have been more focused on work and making stacks of cash each day rather than out mongering. Mongering is fun in moderation, but at times it has drained my wallet big time. I know I'm not the only one who experiences this on this forum haha. It is always fun to negotiate high wages and then have them agreed on.

Reactions: Des Esseintes
Believe it or not, the older I get, the less I care about sex and more about money haha.

How old are you if it's not indiscreet? I'm 35 and my sex drive is about the same as when I was 20 and as long as I have enough to live reasonably comfortably I couldn't care less about money.

I would view TJB's posts through the lens of a pulp fiction author: what's real and what's artifice isn't apparently clear.

Ditto... Still can't imagine any justification for many of his actions, especially for the inappropriate photo incident! Gives all guests in Japan a negative vibe with our hosts/hostesses.

There have been a number Weirdo Walter Mittys on this site.
Gymnasts or Asada Mao wanna-bes apparently. The mind boggles.

I just flirted with a woman I came across outside a 711 last night. She actually spoke English rather well. I talked her into walking with me to a park where we drank beers and talked for about 2 hours. I found that she is also married, but open minded. We ended up making out at the park, but now I worry because she knows the building I live in. She also knows I'm married too. I told her that we can see each other more if she likes me, but if she would rather keep it friends, that is alright too. I don't want my wife and her to ever cross paths...

How old are you if it's not indiscreet? I'm 35 and my sex drive is about the same as when I was 20 and as long as I have enough to live reasonably comfortably I couldn't care less about money.

I'm 31, sorry for the late reply.

This may seem strange as well, but although I'm married...I feel the same way lol. I can't take women to my place because my wife is there. I can't invite myself to their places...and the mention of going to love hotels with like 99.99% of Japanese women makes them too uncomfortable to even be an option. I have had some interesting flirtations with women I passed on the streets, but it never leads to any sex lol. They always are "busy", "already have a boyfriend, husband" and sometimes they just aren't interested.
I talked about this a bit in the Nampa/PUA section.

It's usually best NOT to ask a Japanese woman that you haven't had sex with yet to go with you to a love hotel. You usually will put her on the spot, where she is worried about her public image, and will often automatically say "no", even if she likes you and is horny.

Oddly, AFTER you had sex, then you can mention the "hotel" word without any problems. She doesn't have to defend her "image" anymore, as you've seen her naked.

The best way, on the initial dates, is usually to seduce her and get to the point you are kissing. Find some place where you can pull this off. Kissing, especially for many Japanese, shows clear sexual interest in you.

Then tell her you want to go for a walk or let's go. You have to do this move like a boss. You then walk to the hotel, then go straight IN. Don't over do the kissing at the previous location, before going for a walk. Within 30 minutes of when you started kissing her, walk to the hotel.

My experience, over many years, is that 90% of the time the Japanese woman will come into the hotel with you. Most of the 90%, I would say 75% knew exactly what was up from the kissing and you deciding to get up and leave.

Many Japanese women prefer a guy to NOT discuss, but DO. This is in contrast to many Western women, where many prefer a guy discuss the hotel before going. However, many Western women when being intimate with a guy, can be more sexually open in discussions prior to 1st time sex. This is a strong culture difference, in my opinion.

Of the 90% to come in, 10% may complain a bit. Just reassure her. Maybe say you want to sleep, relax, karaoke (some hotels have that), or take a bath. Often whatever said will be enough, and she will come in.

Out of 100%, you may have a 10% failure rate (90% in, 10% refuse or panic). Like she freaks out in front of the hotel and starts acting like a silly immature kid. Persist a bit, and if you can't and it's like pulling teeth, just then take her to the train station and or taxi. Even in this case, it might not all be lost. Of this 10%, my experience is that some will still see you again. Especially, if you handle the hotel entrance scence by taking control, when she doesn't want to go into the hotel, by deciding to take her to the train station or taxi. Decide that, BEFORE she does. She then may think you understood her feelings on the situation, and despite her rejecting going in, she still likes you. If she meets you again, these women will often have sex on the next date.

Last edited:
The quest is over for me. I've just accepted that I would have to pay for sex in this country. It's not the same of course but given my success rate with dating so far, it's cheaper, more honest and less time-consuming.

The Japanese don't enjoy sex. To them it's just kind of troublesome.

I've started to change my targets. Now I try to date Chinese/Korean girls.
There are plenty of them in Japan.

Paying for sex is definitively not an option for me.

The Japanese don't enjoy sex. To them it's just kind of troublesome.

I've started to change my targets. Now I try to date Chinese/Korean girls.
There are plenty of them in Japan.

Paying for sex is definitively not an option for me.
Where are they? How do you find them?

For me the constant low point is the horrible BO in the trains.

I agree as I hold my breath on the Saikyo Sen now. A little BO in the evening is somewhat forgivable, but what excuse is there for eye-watering BO at 7:30am?

I've had to throw away 4 expensive shirts because when the trains are packed they are rubbing their BO all over you. My wife washed those shirts using some antibacterial liquid and it's like the smell got stronger and stronger.

Lack of Common Sense - why are rules in place for shit that don't make sense?! There are so many things which do not make any sense but since some old guy created the rule years ago, they follow it to this day. Drives me mad!

Here are some other annoying low points of my life in Japan:
  1. The small house I live in - for the same amount, I could be living in a real mansion with a double garage
  2. Working hours and lack of real social life - miss the days where I could be home, changed and out for dinner with friends while the sun was still out
  3. Car parking space - owning more than 1 car suck when I have to pay for carpark with no double garage to work on my cars
  4. Real friends - ones like back home
  5. Alfresco cafes - my fellow Aussies will know what I'm talking about
  6. Too many beautiful women - how can one be satisfied with all the hot girls around!
Fellow Aussie- going crazy with all the sweets around me and their superior attitudes

Constant over-announcing on the train. Really loud as shit over and over and over again

Hell, I'm 57 and my sex drive is the same as when I was 20.. Twice before bed, then the morning, and a nooner if it works out.. no problem. Change girls, repeat. :-P

Really nothing to complain about.

Massive inferiority complexes and jealousy that needs to be overtly displayed? Often by provincial types who think that the world ends at Tokyo Bay, and who never actually set foot in Europe or other countries except on a massive tour bus, let alone did business (or anything else) there (or anywhere).

Just refused service from a shop I was previously a semi regular at. Since there was trouble with a foreigner all foreigners are now banned... usual story, but the lack of logic and willingness to lose money due to illogical fear is definitely a low, and it's not just limited to the fuzoku industry. Banking, housing, employment, and others.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow