Guest viewing is limited

Roosh V? What Do The Local Puas Make Of This?

Press conference about this whole issue for anybody who's interested. I had a nice laugh ^^

Reactions: Randy Jinx
It's crazy how his technique has penetrated him to the core. Looks like he's his own puppet :)

He doesn't make much elaborate sense, like he says it's a "statement" with some respect to grammar, audience and the usual paranoid clichés.
He's quite ok being an "attention whore", which I find honest.

About rape, it's quite clear on the 5th degree : not her fault, but "a woman can do things to reduce the likelihood that she will get hurt".

Reactions: Wwanderer
As Abraham Lincoln once said about criminal law, "The man who represents himself has a fool for a client."

This apparently holds true with press management as well.

I really don't know why your bothering so much with this guy. people at the polar ends of the opinion spectrum cannot be moved by rational arguements and the rest of us dont really care.

I did watch about 10 minutes of that linked video, I reckon he was a legit pua and certainly has confidence. I suspect he could charm the pants off some of the women attacking him if they met him outside of this context of being the grand poobah at the Cavemens lodge. I think he is going to learn that fame is not fun this year. Also I am sure many of the other writers on his site have far more warped world views as I stated in my previous message in this thread.

Well, watching some half-serious lame-y communication attempts is entertaining !
And the feeling of being in his shoes for 5 minutes and how would you fulfill your PUA-evangelist mission around the world.

I've always been impressed by the sharing of pickup artistry information in open forums "not for profit". For Me it's one of the few examples of altruism in action in this world.

I don't think I could go out and preach to my fellow man on the topi in an open way. I share advice on an occasional basis but there are just to many jaded guys out there who will fight tooth and nail to maintain the belief that nothing will improve there odds.

I've come to the conclusion that some of us are destined to be able to climb that mountain, learn that skill, brave that situation, talk to that woman and others are not. Still when guys go out on a limb for there fellow man it warms my heart no matter how misguided they might be.

Reactions: Sinapse
I really don't know why your bothering so much with this guy. people at the polar ends of the opinion spectrum cannot be moved by rational arguements and the rest of us dont really care.

I did watch about 10 minutes of that linked video, I reckon he was a legit pua and certainly has confidence. I suspect he could charm the pants off some of the women attacking him if they met him outside of this context of being the grand poobah at the Cavemens lodge. I think he is going to learn that fame is not fun this year. Also I am sure many of the other writers on his site have far more warped world views as I stated in my previous message in this thread.
I have to say he looks handsome to me (i'm a sucker for the dark hair-dark eyes type, so i'm good in Japan :)) but if i'd hear any of his entitled MRAish views in his talking i would be gone quick.
A woman who loves herself doesn't wanna be bothered with a guy with those views.

I've always been impressed by the sharing of pickup artistry information in open forums "not for profit". For Me it's one of the few examples of altruism in action in this world.

Few examples of altruism, really ?
If you want to burst the bubble that Freemium PUAs created in your beliefs of sharing knowledge, try Wikipedia or in a more interactive way Quora !

I don't think I could go out and preach to my fellow man on the topi in an open way. I share advice on an occasional basis but there are just to many jaded guys out there who will fight tooth and nail to maintain the belief that nothing will improve there odds.

I've come to the conclusion that some of us are destined to be able to climb that mountain, learn that skill, brave that situation, talk to that woman and others are not. Still when guys go out on a limb for there fellow man it warms my heart no matter how misguided they might be.

By and large there is FAR FAR less money being thrown around in PUA compared to p4p. There is certainly a strong community, and most of it is free for those who can find the right information. The danger of course is getting sucked into a lot of bad advice from guys who don't know what they're doing or just wanna seem cool. Pickup is like fighting, everybody thinks they can do it until it actually happens, then it becomes abundantly clear who is full of shit. Occasionally a well moderated forum pops up where guys who don't know their shit are booted or drowned out. The lair used to be like that, but has been largely replaced recently. This site seems to have pretty good moderation as well

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
For Me it's one of the few examples of altruism in action in this world.

Whoa! That is super sad imo. With no offense intended, you must see the world through extremely dark glasses or simply not get out enough, so to speak...IF you meant the sentence quoted above literally.

-Ww

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
to clarify the "few" is being used in the modern meaning, not limited to three, but a small number. I stand by my comment though.

@Wwanderer Those rose tinted glasses (a good thing for you I think) that you are wearing may be making my own glasses appear darker than they are?

In honesty, reading your comments though I do sometimes wonder if you, like many of the roosh guys hanging out in places like the Philippines and Thailand blur the lines between sugar dating and the ability to cold approach.

, like many of the roosh guys hanging out in places like the Philippines and Thailand blur the lines between sugar dating and the ability to cold approach

Glad you mentioned this. The Philippines and Thailand doesn't need game. Picking up girls is pretty much like walking down the street and picking flowers you like for a bouquet. Just like the old guard in Japan in the 80s and 90s wonders why people game or need game. Well, things are quite different these days (from what guys tell me who have been here) and you do actually need game now. I think it'll end up that way for other third world countries as well over time. Anyway I like it better when you need game, it's how it should be..

to clarify the "few" is being used in the modern meaning, not limited to three, but a small number. I stand by my comment though.

Fwiiw, altruism is (widely regarded as) such a common and pervasive form of human behavior that it's origin, nature and explanation(s) are considered to be major topics of investigation in multiple fields of science and social science. These include evolutionary biology, psychology, economics, political science, game theory, sociology and others. You can also find endless examples of it with a bit of googling; you might well, however, find it difficult to locate anyone else listing the behavior of PUAs as an outstanding example of altruism! Possibly your understanding/definition of altruism is different from the common one.

@Wwanderer Those rose tinted glasses (a good thing for you I think) that you are wearing may be making my own glasses appear darker than they are?

Well phrased/expressed! Bravo!

And there is something to your point, I agree. You are certainly right that I am a glass half-full type, to an extreme perhaps (glass 90% full?), and that it is a good thing, a VERY good thing, for me. It is well known/established that one's expectations in/of life are self-fulfilling to a considerable degree. See the world darkly and a dark and hard world you will find around you.

My whole life has been a long and seemingly endless torrent of good luck, and among the best of my good luck is having a personality that lets me accept but largely ignore the bad things that happen to me while relishing and rejoicing in the good ones....makes things sooooo much easier and nicer!

In honesty, reading your comments though I do sometimes wonder if you, like many of the roosh guys hanging out in places like the Philippines and Thailand blur the lines between sugar dating and the ability to cold approach.

I have no clue what this means... More specifically, what is "the line between sugar dating and the ability to cold approach" whether blurred or not?

-Ww

And for some reason I thought that PUA and optimism go in pair : can you be a pessimistic PUA ?
Maybe when you're an optimistic, PUA is a way to express it and make things happen
And when you're a pessimistic, PUA helps you beat the odds to be rejected.

Not sure about the "line blurring" above, I blamed my english for not understanding.

@Wwanderer
I really like your philosophy. I have no doubt in a younger age ( you have said you are seeing women up to 50 years younger, and I assume therefore late 60's) you could magnetize woman and perhaps even now give the young ladies an out of the ordinary show despite ultimately being a paying customer.

However, a foriegn man with Japanese tenure must have dollar signs forged on his forehead especsially if he is generous with his money. Subconsciously are you not playing to this and thus applying it?

watched about 10 mins of the conference video. he made some good points, shame he loses all credibility trying to shift blame for everything to the media. Be a man and own your bitch behaviour mate.

Reactions: gaijinsan
He does have a point that WAY more people heard, cared, and rallied to do something against him than against the New year's Cologne rapes. I mean, I had no idea those happened either, did anybody else? Did anybody get upset or outraged? I didn't see anything on social media

He does have a point that WAY more people heard, cared, and rallied to do something against him than against the New year's Cologne rapes. I mean, I had no idea those happened either, did anybody else? Did anybody get upset or outraged? I didn't see anything on social media

Just a matter of how much distance weighs in the balance of activists/journalists.
In Europe _everyone_ talked about the Cologne rapes, while few to none know about RooshV.

Also, social media is soooo biased and personal agenda-ed

Were you living under a rock? My social feeds were blasting the news from Cologne for weeks, Americans, Europeans, and Asians all horrified.

Reactions: Wwanderer and meiji
Were you living under a rock? My social feeds were blasting the news from Cologne for weeks, Americans, Europeans, and Asians all horrified.

Same here. Plus it was all over the main stream media. Moreover, I didn't hear a word about this Roosh affair until this thread.

It shows how different social circles can be in what they focus on and consider important. Also arguably revealing.

-Ww

I meant to reply to this much earlier but got distracted and nearly forgot.

@Wwanderer
I really like your philosophy. I have no doubt in a younger age ( you have said you are seeing women up to 50 years younger, and I assume therefore late 60's) you could magnetize woman and ...

I think I said, and certainly should have said, "almost 50 years younger" or some phrase like that. I'm still in my mid-60s for a bit longer, and it will be a couple of more years before I can legally be with women who are literally 50+ years younger than me. Just to set the record straight...

perhaps even now give the young ladies an out of the ordinary show despite ultimately being a paying customer.

This will probably sound immodest or like bragging or self-serving or whatever, but I very seriously do NOT understand the appeal I (still) seem to have to a significant number of attractive young women who are decades younger than me even when money is not involved at all or is a minor factor (I do know that some cannot imagine money being a minor factor in a relationship, but whatever...). These include women whom I initially meet in contexts having zero to do with p4p, sugar dating...or any kind of dating for that matter...and who would probably be shocked if they somehow learned of those parts of my life. When I have asked some of these women to explain why they enjoy my company, I get a range of answers, but none of them really convince me.

To be clear, this is a definite minority of young women; the large majority of course want nothing (intimate) to do with a guy my age. But there are enough exceptions to keep me happy and tired.

However, a foriegn man with Japanese tenure must have dollar signs forged on his forehead especsially if he is generous with his money. Subconsciously are you not playing to this and thus applying it?

With no disrespect intended, let me say that while I usually get the general drift of your posts, I often don't understand precisely what you mean, and the above is an example. Like, what does "with Japanese tenure" mean in that sentence? So, if my reply indicates that I have misunderstood you, my apologies in advance...

If you are asking me whether the financial resources I bring to the table (of a relationship) is a part of how I attract and deal with women, the answer is surely yes much of the time. It is explicitly a part of sugar dating of course. And even when there is no direct sugar (i.e., giving her money) involved, being able to provide my dates with access to upscale experiences and luxuries (in which Tokyo is so very rich) is surely one of the advantages of dating me to some women. (I recall one 20-something SB telling me, "You have no idea what a breath of fresh air it is to go out with a guy who is not so broke it is a joke. Just not having to think about the prices on a menu is a whole new world for me...just love it." That's close to an exact quote.)

But so what? Some guys have bodies that are in great shape and attractive due to some combination of good luck and hard work on their part. It is the same for me, except it is my wallet not my body. But neither a good body nor a good wallet will long sustain an interesting relationship; both are just ways to get things started imo and experience.

-Ww

Last edited:
I don't see how these kinds of comments are any better than what Roosh said, jokes or not (what he said was also a "joke"). Seems basically the same to me - as @bruv said here:

To quote NBA enforcer and general bad-ass Matt Barnes, "Violence isn't the answer, but sometimes it is."

When MRAs make terrible satire of rape, they are ostensibly threatening physical violence on women. It's only reasonable that women (and their male allies) respond in kind.

The burden of proof and "innocent until proven guilty" are thrown out only in cases of rape. A drunk woman is legally unable to give consent, but if she crashes a car and kills someone by accident it's still MURDER (felony murder - instead of just manslaughter as it normally would be). However, if she has sex she's not even legally able to be accountable for her actions? Why can she kill someone and be held accountable but have sex and even if she consents, it's still rape? Then you have someone like Lena Dunham who can falsely accuse a guy of rape, destroying his life and reputation all to just drum up more interest in her book, and somehow she's still seen as an icon and STILL has her own platform on Huffingtonpost and other media? Why has she not been run out of town for lack of credibility by now? How is this possible?

Rape is a horrible thing. It should be punished swiftly and accurately and without mercy. But the modern justice system has a little thing called due process which is there to protect all of us. If we throw it out in certain instances - no matter how horrible the accused crime might be - we aren't really any better than barbarians. Similarly - if people are on here dropping little jokes and hints that Roosh should get "beaten" or whatever - I really don't see how that's any better than what he's doing.

None of us can rightly say - but it's true some here are speculating rather heavily. Interestingly, rape shield laws protect victims from the same line of inquiry (sexual history). Presumably also if Lena Dunham went on to accuse another random guy of being her rapist, he wouldn't be able to point to the fact that she has a history of false rape accusations and deliberate lack of coming forth with such information in a timely manner instead letting the guy rot in the court of public opinion, require tons of legal fees and damage to his reputation, etc. Nobody held her accountable after she did this, she was simply let carry on with her book release, sales, and journalism career. AND if she does it again, nobody can go back and point to the last time - as they could with any other crime, where repeat offenders are punished more extremely.

I wouldn't really call it a false accusation. It sounds like she took some artistic license (I mean come on, purple cowboy boots and a giant moustache?) in describing what was probably a real event, and this guy fit enough of the criteria to get caught up by coincidence. It is inexcusable, of course, that she didn't immediately exonerate him when he came to attention, but the fact is this guy was never charged with a crime and is not in jail--I'd say due process is still in good shape (in a legal sense, as for the court of public opinion, that is and always will be screwed). I think we should first worry about those who are wrongfully convicted of crimes and imprisoned indefinitely or executed unjustly.

I know, it all sucks, but to suggest that false rape accusations are undermining criminal justice as a whole is the kind of MRA-tard logic that I assumed you wouldn't espouse when you rightfully called Roosh V "a douche".

As a better man than I once said, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

That still doesn't mean I'm going to shed a tear when you get a broken nose for saying it.

The right to freedom of speech merely means you won't face government recriminations - it offers no protections from societal repercussions.

Thank you very much, Sudsy, for the daily clarification of the First Amendment! People always seem to forget what it actually means :)

Reactions: Sudsy