Guest viewing is limited

Roosh V? What Do The Local Puas Make Of This?

Anyway i don't believe in what he thinks but i am not in a position to judge him. I certainly dislike the digital lynch mob hunting him more. The supposed essay he wrote on rape, haven't read that either, is what I suspect to be a media spin where they are the only benefactor. However, whilst i am sure it was a mistake for him to post that document on the internet regardless of his intent, I don't believe he is about rape at all or they would have found a way to lock him up already if he was.

Anyway i hope he makes it through this, variety and diversity are important. For the liberal crowd out there try to imagine that he is just as legitimate and sincere as members of the gay, lesbian or transgender crowd; they all have a right to live and without them our world would be less colourful. Don't you think so?

At least in the States, he can't be locked up for espousing rape, unless he made specific threats to a specific person. The problem with his pathetic satire, is that there are definitely a lot of stupid people in his legion, who will take it seriously and give themselves another reason to be jackinapes.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Most victims of violent crime are men. Men have shorter life expectancies, suffer more accidents, etc. Women are disproportionately less likely to be convicted of many crimes, etc... I'm sure you've heard those arguments. How are they in more danger? Rationalisations are sure to follow about how women are simultaneously in need of special protection and equal treatment, and Roosh is just reacting to the social conventions which force those and enable the kind of sorry display you see in this thread. So he raises a reasonable point even if he does come out with a lot of reactionary drivel at times.

LOLZ, obvious troll is obvious.

When MRAs make terrible satire of rape, they are ostensibly threatening physical violence on women. It's only reasonable that women (and their male allies) respond in kind.

Indeed so.

At the level of principle, I have to agree with @Sinapse that it is wrong to advocate vigilante justice (despite the fact that I did it somewhere up in this thread), and two wrongs don't make a right.

But in the real world, "in the street", where violence actually takes places all too often, the completely routine and normal practice is quite different from our idealistic principles. Commit violent acts and don't be surprised if you are subject to violence in return. Threaten (or appear to threaten) violent acts and don't surprised when you are threatened in return. Indeed, pre-emptive self-defense is normal as well; threaten or appear to threaten someone, and you may very well be attacked to remove the threat or perceived threat you pose. Basically the lessons here are old ones, "Those who live by the sword, die by the sword" and "You reap what you sow". It is not ideal but it is very real, and I for one have no sympathy for those who start the wheel turning by brandishing swords...especially when they swing them in the direction of those who have been stabbed so very often in the past.

-Ww

I for one have no sympathy for those who start the wheel turning by brandishing swords...especially when they swing them in the direction of those who have been stabbed so very often in the past.

This is a point I'd been waiting to make, and Ww articulates it very eloquently, so I hope I don't step on it too much.

One cannot ignore the power dynamics in discussions like these. For the vast majority of human history, women have been subjected to persistent rape and violence, and typically had no means of seeking justice. Some men may claim that there is some fake rape epidemic now trumped up by feminists, but what's really happened is that women are less afraid to confront powerful men who have assaulted them (hey, Bill!).

A similar thing can be seen in the Black Lives Matter movement in the US. Police have been killing unarmed African-Americans on this soil since long before the US existed, but it's only now that those wronged feel they can air their grievances without threat of violent retaliation or imprisonment, and, perhaps, with the hope of receiving some measure of justice.

TL;DR: Men have no logical reason to get all butt-hurt because after thousands of years, we're finally not complete masters of our domain.

"Those who live by the sword, die by the sword" and "You reap what you sow". It is not ideal but it is very real, and I for one have no sympathy for those who start the wheel turning by brandishing swords...

I agree I have no sympathy. It's kind of "you get what you deserve"

But I'll never be the one to threaten violence even towards him, or else I'm no better than him, and indeed "living by the sword" as you put it and should in turn be prepared to die by the sword as well. If you REALLY believe "you reap what you sow" you would take the high ground, not incite violence based on hypothetical violence

There's a big difference between not being surprised when violence befalls him, and being the tip of the spear yourself

I agree I have no sympathy. It's kind of "you get what you deserve"

But I'll never be the one to threaten violence even towards him, or else I'm no better than him, and indeed "living by the sword" as you put it and should in turn be prepared to die by the sword as well. If you REALLY believe "you reap what you sow" you would take the high ground, not incite violence based on hypothetical violence

There's a big difference between not being surprised when violence befalls him, and being the tip of the spear yourself

I hear you and see that there is some merit in what you say, but tbh, I would not hesitate to commit a violent act to try to prevent unprovoked violence against someone who appeared to need protection. Indeed, back there in the mists of ancient history, I have done so. And now, as then, I do understand that to do so is to involve oneself in the world of violence with the risk that you will become one of its victims too...the strong possibility of reaping what you... That was and would be acceptable to me in some circumstances.

Thus I'd feel rather hypocritical to flinch away from supporting the same impulse in others (basically what I did in the post in question). My bad I guess...

-Ww

I would not hesitate to commit a violent act to try to prevent unprovoked violence against someone who appeared to need protection.

Yup, I train in fighting several different styles, but I do so in order to use it only when absolutely necessary. If I saw Roosh or anyone pulling a girl kicking and screaming into a dark alley you can bet the righteous fist of justice would come down on him. But no way will I act violent or threaten violence against someone over something they said online. If anything, I've noticed that those most inclined to threaten violence online (not talking about you Ww - just what I've observed from others) are those least prepared to actually fight and most cowardly in person. Somehow the barrier of online anonymity and lack of actual need to back up what you say makes every random person think they're Anderson Silva.

I have no idea who Anderson Silva is.

In any case, you are correct that things said online should not be taken particularly seriously (because they are anonymous and require no walking of the walk to back up the talking of the talk). That applies to both Roosh and those who advocate him getting what he deserves. We shouldn't get too heated up about it. The unfortunate difference is that he has the media spotlight and thus what he says is more likely to be translated into real world events (by someone, probably not him).

-Ww

Reactions: Sinapse
If I saw Roosh or anyone pulling a girl kicking and screaming into a dark alley ...

Btw, this rather dramatic (fiction-like) scenario is not how most rapes actually go down; there is little chance of anyone intervening in most cases unfortunately.

-Ww

Yup, I train in fighting several different styles, but I do so in order to use it only when absolutely necessary. If I saw Roosh or anyone pulling a girl kicking and screaming into a dark alley you can bet the righteous fist of justice would come down on him. But no way will I act violent or threaten violence against someone over something they said online. If anything, I've noticed that those most inclined to threaten violence online (not talking about you Ww - just what I've observed from others) are those least prepared to actually fight and most cowardly in person. Somehow the barrier of online anonymity and lack of actual need to back up what you say makes every random person think they're Anderson Silva.
Yup. As someone very familiar with fighting it aint no joke. Death threats and actual preparations to assault the meetup guys is in NO WAY justified, nor is 'playful' comments along those lines on a forum

Yup, I train in fighting several different styles, but I do so in order to use it only when absolutely necessary. If I saw Roosh or anyone pulling a girl kicking and screaming into a dark alley you can bet the righteous fist of justice would come down on him..

And in a more real-life case : if Roosh (or a PUA) faces LMR and the girl says "no" 4 times instead of 6 times plus screaming, do you do something ?
Do you wait and sympathize with the brave LMR fighter ?
Prevention is key, and combat techniques are meant for rarer and different real-life situations I think.

Last edited:
I meant to reply to this much earlier but got distracted and nearly forgot.

I think I said, and certainly should have said, "almost 50 years younger" or some phrase like that. I'm still in my mid-60s for a bit longer, and it will be a couple of more years before I can legally be with women who are literally 50+ years younger than me. Just to set the record straight...

This will probably sound immodest or like bragging or self-serving or whatever, but I very seriously do NOT understand the appeal I (still) seem to have to a significant number of attractive young women who are decades younger than me even when money is not involved at all or is a minor factor (I do know that some cannot imagine money being a minor factor in a relationship, but whatever...). These include women whom I initially meet in contexts having zero to do with p4p, sugar dating...or any kind of dating for that matter...and who would probably be shocked if they somehow learned of those parts of my life. When I have asked some of these women to explain why they enjoy my company, I get a range of answers, but none of them really convince me.

To be clear, this is a definite minority of young women; the large majority of course want nothing (intimate) to do with a guy my age. But there are enough exceptions to keep me happy and tired.

With no disrespect intended, let me say that while I usually get the general drift of your posts, I often don't understand precisely what you mean, and the above is an example. Like, what does "with Japanese tenure" mean in that sentence? So, if my reply indicates that I have misunderstood you, my apologies in advance...

If you are asking me whether the financial resources I bring to the table (of a relationship) is a part of how I attract and deal with women, the answer is surely yes much of the time. It is explicitly a part of sugar dating of course. And even when there is no direct sugar (i.e., giving her money) involved, being able to provide my dates with access to upscale experiences and luxuries (in which Tokyo is so very rich) is surely one of the advantages of dating me to some women. (I recall one 20-something SB telling me, "You have no idea what a breath of fresh air it is to go out with a guy who is not so broke it is a joke. Just not having to think about the prices on a menu is a whole new world for me...just love it." That's close to an exact quote.)

But so what? Some guys have bodies that are in great shape and attractive due to some combination of good luck and hard work on their part. It is the same for me, except it is my wallet not my body. But neither a good body nor a good wallet will long sustain an interesting relationship; both are just ways to get things started imo and experience.

-Ww

Hi sorry for the late reply i have been a bit busy, and also i have difficulty inserting quotes on IOS (am i alone in this?).

All i mean by tenure is that you have been in Japan for a while are older and would appear to be here for the long haul. Generally the older men i have encountered here cannot do this easily unless they have had a relatively successful career monetarily speaking.

Some food for thought completely unrelated to the main topic in this thread; if you generally have some form of unique charisma/looks/character that is not easily explained or replicated by others are your experiences relevant to the readers of this PUA forum? In comparison Synapse and Solong are putting forward techniques that are clearly explained and have been replicated by a variety of people from a variety of backgrounds, including myself. I really appreciate the advice they have given me on the Japanese experience.

Reactions: Wwanderer
Hi sorry for the late reply i have been a bit busy, and also i have difficulty inserting quotes on IOS (am i alone in this?).

No, I have trouble with that too.

Some food for thought completely unrelated to the main topic in this thread; if you generally have some form of unique charisma/looks/character that is not easily explained or replicated by others are your experiences relevant to the readers of this PUA forum?

A fair point. Arguably at least they are not. All of my life people have been telling me that I am unusual or rare or strange or even unique in a wide variety of contexts. Moreover, the longer and better than know me, the more they often and insistently they tend to make such comments. I don't really see it myself. However, I do try to be fairly consistent in explicitly saying things like "in my experience" and "in my opinion" etc and to avoid claiming universal truths or applicability....unless it is something I actually think is general and applies to everyone or nearly everyone.

In any case, the PUA forum is a part of TAG, an open internet community which is normally understood to mean that all are welcome (and encouraged) to express their views and give their input. Readers are free to pick and choose according to what they feel is useful or interesting. In other words, if there are readers of this forum who don't find my posts relevant, they shouldn't read them...truly that simple and easy. They can even block me and make it automatic. However, I receive plenty of indications (both posted publicly and private ones) that many readers follow and value what I post in the PUA forum, so...stopping seems unwarranted. Would you agree?

In comparison Synapse and Solong are putting forward techniques that are clearly explained and have been replicated by a variety of people from a variety of backgrounds, including myself. I really appreciate the advice they have given me on the Japanese experience.

Again, it is the nature of open net forums. Different people find different parts of the content useful or appealing, but so what? Some/many TAGers are less enthusiastic, to put it mildly, about what @Sinapse and @Solong post, but I don't think they should stop either.

Btw, if PUA/gaming aficionados wish to have private conversations without input from critics or doubters, that is very easily done by various mechanisms (e.g., Google/Yahoo groups or starting or their own password protected sites or even private convos on TAG). Surely such already exist. But an open internet forum is simply not the right place/mechanism for "sheltered" or controlled discussions.

-Ww

Reactions: NormalGuy
Very interesting interview between female MRA Karen Straughan and Roosh V. It runs strongly counter to the mainstream media narrative or the picture many feminists attempt to paint of him.

Last edited:
Does he identify as a pick up artists?

He is a MRA and as far as i heard he and his followers had this idea that rape should be legal on private property.
Which is totally weird and doesn't make sense. So if someone comes to your house they concent to have sex with you and can't change their mind about it?
Also they threatened that every women who would show up to protests the meetings would be raped.

There would be meetings in Tokyo and Osaka and as far as i know they were mainly adverticed in English so mostly for foreign MRAs.

He made a lot of the meetings private after getting threats.

This is what i have heard about it. Its pretty crazy.

i think this dickhead deserves a beating. seriously.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
As someone who's been sexually harassed in her early teens, I have strong feelings about this. Though I've never been raped.

The dates and locations for the Japan meetups were February 6. Everyone had to come between 8~8:20PM. There was supposed to be one in Osaka (6-15 Kakudacho, Kita-ku) and one in Tokyo (Ebisu Garden Place Glass Square).

I got this info via a friend who screenshotted a website's article on the meetup.

I think anyone who is pro-rape is fucked up in the head. No one deserves rape or is "asking for it". I don't even care if he was joking, because rape is not a topic to make jokes about :/

What are worse? Rape jokes or dead baby jokes?