Sexually Transmitted Disease (std) Talk

Maybe this will push big pharmaceuticals to hurry up with new antibiotics that are still in trials
Unfortunately it's very low on their priorities. Big Pharma is all about $$$, and R&D for antibiotics is not very profitable. They're more interested in developing meds for chronic ailments which people become dependent/reliant on (antidepressants, statins etc), not those that people usually take a single course of for a cure.

Well, maybe that's why I prefer my friends to be people who don't want to have monogamous relationship with me
Old topic, i know.

But your friends are married and some may be sexually active with their partner, who may believe them to be perfectly monogamous.

In fact, i bet you have met women who are ready to go raw, even though they still have sex with their husband once in a while and they have promised each other a monogamous relationship and never discussed otherwise.

This is why i'm saying don't assume your partner is not playing around in a "monogamous marriage".

You can trust someone with your life but trust is just that, you can never really KNOW. Its like people who believe there is a God, lol

The infections that condoms typically don’t prevent are mostly those that are transmitted with skin-to-skin contact - eg. HPV (which causes warts) and HSV (herpes).
If HPV concerns you, you could get vaccinated. The available vaccines provide protection against the strains that are considered high risk.

I got vaccinated for HPV. There is a stigma for the vaccine in Japan but you get a checkup for any allergies first and the doctor evaluates your medical history. Certain allergies and HIV is the issue if you want the vaccine. They keep you in the clinic for a while in case you go into anaphylactic shock.

My arm really hurt for a few days and on the second day i got sick. Some reactions like sore throat, mild fever can happen. Then suddenly it all disappeared.

For other symptoms don't underestimate the seasonal allergies, this year is horrible. Everyone around me is affected and Allegra is pretty useful as others have mentioned already.

Hey peeps i got quick question,

I just got result tested from yoboukai clinic down at yokohama. It said im positive gonorrhea.

She said the medicine down at the clinic will be around 7K yen. I can go through the regular hospital doctor to get cheaper medicine but i'm not sure how that process goes.

is there alternative for this or should i just head down there and pay the price?

thanks

Hey peeps i got quick question,

I just got result tested from yoboukai clinic down at yokohama. It said im positive gonorrhea.

She said the medicine down at the clinic will be around 7K yen. I can go through the regular hospital doctor to get cheaper medicine but i'm not sure how that process goes.

is there alternative for this or should i just head down there and pay the price?

thanks

If you have national health, you can go to a regular doctor to get the medicine, but they may not accept your test results and insist on re-testing. Testing plus meds would run 4-5,000 max.

If you have national health, you can go to a regular doctor to get the medicine, but they may not accept your test results and insist on re-testing. Testing plus meds would run 4-5,000 max.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's what im expecting too....i think the fastest way to solve this is just to go there and pay for it :(

I think many doctors in Japan are quick to give out antibiotics even if its not confirmed you actually got the disease.

I think many doctors in Japan are quick to give out antibiotics even if its not confirmed you actually got the disease.

If you are persistent enough and maybe have been a patient for that doc long enough you can get pretty much any medicine you want from a Japanese doctor. Because if they don't give it to you they know you can just walk across the street to the next clinic and get it from there and then you are never coming back.

If you are persistent enough and maybe have been a patient for that doc long enough you can get pretty much any medicine you want from a Japanese doctor. Because if they don't give it to you they know you can just walk across the street to the next clinic and get it from there and then you are never coming back.

My friend got some serious antidepressants for his ‘depression’... he just wanted some sleeping pills.

My friend got some serious antidepressants for his ‘depression’... he just wanted some sleeping pills.
Lol. Did he come in asking for something like xanax?
(To be fair, i think depression can mess with sleep though)

Sounds a lot like another profession, lol

Lol. Did he come in asking for something like xanax?
(To be fair, i think depression can mess with sleep though)

Yeah, but he didn’t have real depression and the doctor just gave him a crazy pills cocktail including something like ambien.

Reactions: jhingy567
Yeah, but he didn’t have real depression and the doctor just gave him a crazy pills cocktail including something like ambien.

Sounds like that quack American pysch in Meguro....

Reactions: Majora
Got tested today! Luckily there weren't too many people in the clinic. Actually this time I was much calmer and I even encouraged two young girls who lingered on the entrance and were visibly anxious. :)

In the opinion of some American MDs I know, and of the medical professionals in many countries I'm told, Japanese doctors medicate far more heavily than is normal practice elsewhere, irresponsibly so in the opinions of some. That said, it is hard to see much evidence of it in public health statistics for Japan.

-Ww

In the opinion of some American MDs I know, and of the medical professionals in many countries I'm told, Japanese doctors medicate far more heavily than is normal practice elsewhere, irresponsibly so in the opinions of some. That said, it is hard to see much evidence of it in public health statistics for Japan.

-Ww
They get paid per medicine they prescribe so yeah, they prescribe heavily.

They get paid per medicine they prescribe so yeah, they prescribe heavily.

This is true. They get commission on medicines they prescribe. This practice really should be outlawed.

This is true. They get commission on medicines they prescribe. This practice really should be outlawed.

Over 20 years ago I met a woman that very nearly died from over-medication in a Japanese hospital where she was being treated for a stomach ailment. And even though she didn’t die, it most likely ruined her health long term.

-Ww

Most Japanese hospitals used to have in-house pharmacies for both inpatients and outpatients, but many of them have stopped serving outpatients. Outpatients these days are more likely to visit independent pharmacies with their prescriptions to purchase medicines, which is a practice relatively new to many Japanese. Compare to, say, 20 years ago, not much incentive exits any longer for a MD to prescribe medicines excessively to make a profit. Big pharmaceuticals are still influential to MDs but not as direct as before.

Compare to, say, 20 years ago, not much incentive exits any longer for a MD to prescribe medicines excessively to make a profit. Big pharmaceuticals are still influential to MDs but not as direct as before.

They still get a commission from the pharma manufacturer. When they owned the pharmacies, they got a commision AND the markup.