Sexually Transmitted Disease (std) Talk

Plenty of clinics in Tokyo for quick checkups!
That's still a minor annoyance but to be fair I'm on-board with it if it makes their business safer, which it doesn't because the non-gaijin clientele doesn't have to present a STD test. And they can do things that are much more dangerous STD wise, anyway.

I see Kaoru retweeted her post, I'm quite bummed about it. Oops I guess I confused her handle with the Darling Harbour news one for a second. But still, if the shop retweeted that... we need a TAG walk-in to figure out what's going on.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's all of the cast enrolled in the darling course. Only a few of them have a star beside their name. Kaoru is also part of the darling course.
Darling Harbour was a different shop with different prices / service that merged with Y-shirts. Some girls like Kaoru who came from DH are on the DH pricing. Y-shirts was originally Wife / Young Hottie courses and Darling is like a 3rd course of price / service.

Darling Harbour was a different shop with different prices / service that merged with Y-shirts. Some girls like Kaoru who came from DH are on the DH pricing. Y-shirts was originally Wife / Young Hottie courses and Darling is like a 3rd course of price / service.
So darling course consists of their younger / more premium line up. I've noticed a few newcomers in that course (not from Darling Harbour). But not all of them have that star beside their name signifying more unsafe acts.

I'd be suspicious whether rates of STDs are up with the tourism, and foreigners are being blamed. Maybe this is their contingency plan to keep foreign customers and reassure their Japanese ones.

Reactions: Alice
I'd be suspicious whether rates of STDs are up with the tourism, and foreigners are being blamed. Maybe this is their contingency plan to keep foreign customers and reassure their Japanese ones.
With all my due respect for the Japanese customers, it should actually work the other way around :cool:

Most of us (at least people from the western world) grew up with some sorts of basic 1-0-1 sexual education provided, somehow, someway, at least at school.
Most of us later on learned our lessons the hard way in our young years, helped by a bit of Doxycycline here and Azithromicine there :LOL:
Most us went to some sorts of anonymous (or not) free HIV/STDs clinics where we got to talk to a doctor without any taboos about this and that.

What we did with all we learned is another thing and we might or might not always wear condoms and so on. But at least, we know more or less the risks we might take and what we might have been exposed to.

Some people here simply don't. It's a different culture, with lots of taboos, especially amongst the older generations. When I see things like that, I usually laugh a bit.

With all my due respect for the Japanese customers, it should actually work the other way around :cool:

Most of us (at least people from the western world) grew up with some sorts of basic 1-0-1 sexual education provided, somehow, someway, at least at school.
Most of us later on learned our lessons the hard way in our young years, helped by a bit of Doxycycline here and Azithromicine there :LOL:
Most us went to some sorts of anonymous (or not) free HIV/STDs clinics where we got to talk to a doctor without any taboos about this and that.

What we did with all we learned is another thing and we might or might not always wear condoms and so on. But at least, we know more or less the risks we might take and what we might have been exposed to.

Some people here simply don't. It's a different culture, with lots of taboos, especially amongst the older generations. When I see things like that, I usually laugh a bit.

I'm not sure education provided equates to overall safety...
a brief search says US has the highest STD rate in the developed world, but the US has mandatory sex ed. knowledge without action doesn't equate to better outcomes. Second highest was Australia and third was Singapore.

So darling course consists of their younger / more premium line up. I've noticed a few newcomers in that course (not from Darling Harbour). But not all of them have that star beside their name signifying more unsafe acts.
I don’t think the star means they’ll go raw? At least not at Y-shirts; probably means that at other shops.

I don’t think the star means they’ll go raw? At least not at Y-shirts; probably means that at other shops.
There is so many ways the shops use to indicate NS and star is one of them but definitely means something else at Y-Shirts. For most stores you need a login to be able to access that info.

Reactions: Maxblack

There is so many ways the shops use to indicate NS and star is one of them but definitely means something else at Y-Shirts. For most stores you need a login to be able to access that info.
only 3 darling course providers have star and kaoru is not one of them as we know she has strict S着 policy.

actually yshirt show the star on CH.

In the past, I’ve always been to places that offers fs like soaps and the shinchis, which means protection has always been worn. However, recently I had my first healths session and it got me wondering, wouldn’t sumata be a high risk for std? The girl was literally using the front of her vagina and her hand to simulate an actual intercourse. Id assume you can pass on stds between the clits and the head of the penis. Any thoughts on this??
Definitely. I have always wondered why sumata is OK, but covered FS is not. The law is certainly not there to protect the women (nor the men from HIV and other STDs). From a doctor: sumata (or frottage in English) can be a vector for HIV transmission unfortunately. I guess because you are almost inside her and the mucous membrane of the head of your penis is practically inside to a certain extent. No air between you to kill the HIV. I only do sumata with a condom personally.

Definitely. I have always wondered why sumata is OK, but covered FS is not.

One more thing you can thank our great saviors and defenders from across the bond.

Definitely. I have always wondered why sumata is OK, but covered FS is not. The law is certainly not there to protect the women (nor the men from HIV and other STDs). From a doctor: sumata (or frottage in English) can be a vector for HIV transmission unfortunately. I guess because you are almost inside her and the mucous membrane of the head of your penis is practically inside to a certain extent. No air between you to kill the HIV. I only do sumata with a condom personally.
you only think from male perspective. if customer is the carrier, it is safer for the girl to not put it inside her.

the law only state about penetration. and sumata is a way around it by mimicking FS.

and again it is risk management. some people will avoid BBBJ on top of sumata and FS cause they cant afford divorce etc.

I never knew air could kill HIV...

I never knew air could kill HIV...

The virus dies pretty quickly with exposure to light and air. So both dried blood and semen are relatively safe.

Reactions: LittleBoy
and again it is risk management. some people will avoid BBBJ on top of sumata and FS cause they cant afford divorce etc.
From what I know, spit and saliva do not harbor the virus hence less chance of infection. Unless there's blood in the mouth...
only 3 darling course providers have star and kaoru is not one of them as we know she has strict S着 policy.

actually yshirt show the star on CH.
I stumbled upon this tweet today, curious if that's the norm for foreigners now or just a provider thing

Might be due to stubborn people asking for NS which isn't available for foreigners.

Reactions: DragonSlayer
which is related to circumcision?

If you don't know how to use water and soap the foreskin provides a nice, warm, moist and dark place for the germs to thrive. This can lead to catching STDs easier, which then in turn increases the risk of contracting HIV.

• Haha
Reactions: kirayamato
Definitely. I have always wondered why sumata is OK, but covered FS is not. The law is certainly not there to protect the women (nor the men from HIV and other STDs).
The anti prostitution law was ordered by Gen. MacArthur after his wife nagged him into it, herself being greatly offended when she heard that the junior officers were availing themselves of the various adult services available in Tokyo at the time.

The Japanese lawyers charged with crafting the bill were themselves avid customers of those very same services, and thus they set about with making the narrowest possible definition of “prostitution” possible: Compensated vaginal intercourse between two unacquainted individuals.

The anti prostitution law was ordered by Gen. MacArthur after his wife nagged him into it, herself being greatly offended when she heard that the junior officers were availing themselves of the various adult services available in Tokyo at the time.

The Japanese lawyers charged with crafting the bill were themselves avid customers of those very same services, and thus they set about with making the narrowest possible definition of “prostitution” possible: Compensated vaginal intercourse between two unacquainted individuals.
Does that mean once you've visited the girl already it's no longer really illegal?

Does that mean once you've visited the girl already it's no longer really illegal?
In theory, as long as it’s a direct transaction. But like most theories, you don’t really want to be the one testing it under observation.

In theory, as long as it’s a direct transaction. But like most theories, you don’t really want to be the one testing it under observation.

LOL.. I wonder how the definition of "unaquainted" goes. So when a girl bows and introduces herself, then we're acquainted from the start of the first visit.

LOL.. I wonder how the definition of "unaquainted" goes. So when a girl bows and introduces herself, then we're acquainted from the start of the first visit.
No, you are introduced by a 3rd party. Doesn't work that way.

Reactions: Alice and Sudsy
These things are only allowed to exist because the government wants it to, to keep fuuzoku closer and regulated instead of feeding illegal underground activities, not because of juvenile rule lawyering. They have infinite tools to dismantle these businesses, like for example isn't it true that you can't apply for a soapland license anymore or alter the floor plan of the shop? Seems easy to make up some mandatory bullshit in Tokyo building codes to fold all soaps under a technicality for example.

I vaguely remember seeing a tweet from a SL provider talking about sending a plan of the rooms to the Health department and how you're not supposed to have certain objects like mirrors in the blueprint, even though they are used in practice. The government knows there's FS and even NS going on, they aren't dumb.

Reactions: MikeH