Guest viewing is limited

Share *Creative* Ideas for Tokyo Dates

http://artaquarium.jp/en/nihonbashi2018/

This place is rather unique.... I went with a former SB and you can get some really nice pictures as well... I think it turns into a nightclub in the evening tho... There are also some good restaurants and Mandarin Oriental has Afternoon Tea if that's your thing... Took a potential SB there, she said she liked it, then I got ghosted... so guess she found a better SD :rolleyes:

I like the Sumida river water taxi. Goes from Hamarikyu garden to Odaiba. The Odaiba to Asakusa section is also great for watching the city go by and chatting.
At this time of year the open air izakayas along Ameyoko shopping street under the JR tracks in Ueno are nice for outdoor people watching with a friend and close to Shinobazu pond and the art galleries and museums in Ueno Park.

http://artaquarium.jp/en/nihonbashi2018/

This place is rather unique.... I went with a former SB and you can get some really nice pictures as well... I think it turns into a nightclub in the evening tho... There are also some good restaurants and Mandarin Oriental has Afternoon Tea if that's your thing... Took a potential SB there, she said she liked it, then I got ghosted... so guess she found a better SD :rolleyes:

Ah ah, did the same combo with a SB too (ArtAquarium then Mandarin Oriental’s bar). Good choice !

Whoops the OP already mentioned the river taxi ...was going to add that if you follow the JR tracks south from ameyoko youll be quite near the “Pop Life“ adult goods megastore in Akihabara

It's hard to add much as everyone has used my ideas already...love the water taxi btw. Aquarium on top of sunshine plaza is always a nice stop.....cat park on the other side of the station too.....I've had a couple of good 1st dates going to those places.

Oh man I love planning fun stuff!

Almost every weekend there's some event happening in the Yoyogi Park event space, those are always fun to go to.

Go to the Mystery Circus Escape Rooms in Shinjuku, they have at least 3 rooms in English (I've done one, it's fun even though we lost)

Do the Underground Metro Mystery (It's an all day event you can do on your own time and schedule with a partner, it will either make or break a relationship but I had a load of fun)

Go to the Jelly Jelly game cafe (as a double date) and play boardgames and drink (They have alcohol and you can bring your own snacks)

If you don't want to do Disney there's Tokyo Dome (With two spooky scary horror houses to hold hands through) or Puroland if you super like Kawaii things.

Also around Tokyo Dome is a science centre and planetarium!

Take a hike in Todoroki Valley (it's only a 20~30 minute walk if you're not one for hikes but want to do a bit of a romantic stroll especially in Sakura or Fall leaf season)

Do some touristy things like going to Asakusa, but to kick it up a notch you could take a boat ride to Odaiba afterward (Or start in Odaiba and go to Asakusa via the boat), or do a night boat tour. Or get very traditional and I can't remember the name but there's a place in Asakusa where you can learn to make some traditional hard candy that is in the shape of animals.

Go to a Sumo Match, and since you're in the area check out the Edo Tokyo Museum in Ryogoku. There are also tour plans where you can have dinner with some of the Sumo Wrestlers afterward.

Make a picnic and go to one of Tokyo's many beautiful parks or gardens. You can also rent a dog and play in Yoyogi park with a pup for a few hours if you need to work on picking up a date~

There are a couple places you can rent boats so if you feel like showing off your powerful rowing skills and manly muscles you can try that.

If you want to get hella drunk but in an interesting way there's the Kurano Sake Market which has hundreds of different sake, umeshou, and shochu to try. (I got super plastered there on a shared birthday with some friends because they had a chocolate sake that I mixed with a caramel sake and ooh that was DANGEROUSLY delicious.) You can bring your own snacks and this is a chain so there are a few around Tokyo so stop into a basement department store and grab a few bites of different foods to pair with all the different alcohols.

Outside of Tokyo there are beach dates if you wanna show off your hot bod and get a tan, Onjuku has a really nice beach and renting a hotel or air BnB for the weekend is fun. Or taking a daytrip to Narita and Narita Sensoji Temple and the super traditional shopping street leading up to it.

Or I mean there's Bowling, Billiards, Darts, and Karaoke which could all be found at a Anata no Warehouse which is a sight to behold in and of itself.

If no one has tattoo's then spending some time at Oedo Onsen is fun to end an Odaiba date.

Or the hundreds of weird cafe's/restaurants like Alcatraz, the Ninja Cafe, there's a vampire cafe, or high tea at one of the Alice in Wonderland cafe's.

Or even show off your cooking skills at ABC or Budda Bellies cooking studio's/classes where you'll learn to make something with your partner!

At-home video games have become so advanced and fancy, that most of the public ones have been driven out of business I think, but Tokyo used to have tons of huge/elaborate video arcades (I guess that is what you are calling an amusement arcade?), probably the best in the world, and they were indeed great fun for dates, Among other advantages, they are totally flexible in terms of schedule and time...arrive whenever convenient and leave whenever you are ready. I haven't been to one in many years but am glad to hear that there are still some around. In Akiba you say?

Pachinko could probably be fun too if you've been lobotomized recently and are deaf. :D

-Ww

There are still loads of arcades all over but Akihabara is a really good hub of them, but if you want to get retro there's the Mikado in Takadanobaba which has like over 100 of the older retro games no longer in circulation.

Oh and also in Takadanobaba if you really want to make a girl scream there's a restaurant where you can eat a tarantula and/or a scorpion.

Oh man I love planning fun stuff!

Almost every weekend there's some event happening in the Yoyogi Park event space, those are always fun to go to.

Go to the Mystery Circus Escape Rooms in Shinjuku, they have at least 3 rooms in English (I've done one, it's fun even though we lost)

Do the Underground Metro Mystery (It's an all day event you can do on your own time and schedule with a partner, it will either make or break a relationship but I had a load of fun)

Go to the Jelly Jelly game cafe (as a double date) and play boardgames and drink (They have alcohol and you can bring your own snacks)

If you don't want to do Disney there's Tokyo Dome (With two spooky scary horror houses to hold hands through) or Puroland if you super like Kawaii things.

Also around Tokyo Dome is a science centre and planetarium!

Take a hike in Todoroki Valley (it's only a 20~30 minute walk if you're not one for hikes but want to do a bit of a romantic stroll especially in Sakura or Fall leaf season)

Do some touristy things like going to Asakusa, but to kick it up a notch you could take a boat ride to Odaiba afterward (Or start in Odaiba and go to Asakusa via the boat), or do a night boat tour. Or get very traditional and I can't remember the name but there's a place in Asakusa where you can learn to make some traditional hard candy that is in the shape of animals.

Go to a Sumo Match, and since you're in the area check out the Edo Tokyo Museum in Ryogoku. There are also tour plans where you can have dinner with some of the Sumo Wrestlers afterward.

Make a picnic and go to one of Tokyo's many beautiful parks or gardens. You can also rent a dog and play in Yoyogi park with a pup for a few hours if you need to work on picking up a date~

There are a couple places you can rent boats so if you feel like showing off your powerful rowing skills and manly muscles you can try that.

If you want to get hella drunk but in an interesting way there's the Kurano Sake Market which has hundreds of different sake, umeshou, and shochu to try. (I got super plastered there on a shared birthday with some friends because they had a chocolate sake that I mixed with a caramel sake and ooh that was DANGEROUSLY delicious.) You can bring your own snacks and this is a chain so there are a few around Tokyo so stop into a basement department store and grab a few bites of different foods to pair with all the different alcohols.

Outside of Tokyo there are beach dates if you wanna show off your hot bod and get a tan, Onjuku has a really nice beach and renting a hotel or air BnB for the weekend is fun. Or taking a daytrip to Narita and Narita Sensoji Temple and the super traditional shopping street leading up to it.

Or I mean there's Bowling, Billiards, Darts, and Karaoke which could all be found at a Anata no Warehouse which is a sight to behold in and of itself.

If no one has tattoo's then spending some time at Oedo Onsen is fun to end an Odaiba date.

Or the hundreds of weird cafe's/restaurants like Alcatraz, the Ninja Cafe, there's a vampire cafe, or high tea at one of the Alice in Wonderland cafe's.

Or even show off your cooking skills at ABC or Budda Bellies cooking studio's/classes where you'll learn to make something with your partner!

Thanks! Loved that! Honestly before that post you seemed to imply that the guy must do all the date’s planning and decisions (on top of paying) but now I can see you are not that shallow/entitled.

Reactions: BB0523
Most interesting thing i could come up with was going to Department H. I’ve never really been and it’s probably not working out with my schedule the coming months either but what a way to get to know each other on a first date!

VR zone is good stuff, been there on a date. Don’t go on the weekend if possible, there was a two hour wait for the Mario Carts so had to go back again weekday daytime.

Game centers always good, especially if the guy is skilled in winning toys (i’m not). Purikura together is a must.
I’ve actually been to a countryside gamecenter that had some machines with sex toys in it. (Just basic denma and tenga).

I love feriswheels as well, pretty much in every city.

Attraction parks are great. There are lots of good ones around Tokyo, can choose a specific one depending on both people’s taste (rollercoaters, carnival attractions, waterslides, cute characters).

Also a great client from TAG took me to the robot restaurant once. He apologized for making me sit through the weird show, but hilarity ensued.

Sunshine 60 building in Ikebukuro - at the observatory at the top is Sky Circus - some high tech entertainment including 2 VR rides and a room which surrounds you with projected images - kinda like walking through a kaleidoscope.

Skip the crowds at SkyTree and go to the Tokyo Metropolitan Building - nice city views (and it's free)

If you and your date are into photography, there are dozens of affordable rental photo studios around Tokyo with different themes - like a dungeon, or spaceship. Most all of them come with props and lighting equipment so all you really need is your camera and your imagination. :)

Last edited:
Thanks! Loved that! Honestly before that post you seemed to imply that the guy must do all the date’s planning and decisions (on top of paying) but now I can see you are not that shallow/entitled.

No I love planning dates or things to do, and I'm always open to new things and want whomever I'm with to have a fun interesting time too.

Just I have a bad habit of catering to people who say things like "I'll do whatever you want to do..." and then complain the entire time about what I want to do.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

No I love planning dates or things to do, and I'm always open to new things and want whomever I'm with to have a fun interesting time too.

Just I have a bad habit of catering to people who say things like "I'll do whatever you want to do..." and then complain the entire time about what I want to do.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Yeah, I see the type. Drop those people fast before they suck up all your energy would be my advice.

Reactions: DanniCake
Yeah, I see the type. Drop those people fast before they suck up all your energy would be my advice.
I can't lie and say that I don't tell people "I don't care, lets do whatever you want."

But in that situation I really do mean "I'm happy if you're happy so pick ANYTHING I don't want to think."

Granted I also have literal lists of "Things to do all across Japan (and a few other countries)" so if both my date and I don't want to think we could just roll a set of dice and there'd always be something new.

About 6 weeks ago I was in Akasaka with a SB.

We were discussing were having drinks and couldn't decide what to do.
I knew that there was an olive spa nearby so I went to check if we could get a pair massage.

Only room available was the penthouse for 2hrs @ about 50k.
But this incl about 75 min massage then you are left alone for the rest of the time.
Room had a sauna, massive bath and relaxation areas.

Booked in, ran back to the bar to get the SB and had a great time there, followed by a great dinner.

Penthouse is actually in the basement.

Now.......to just find someone fun enough to go with...............

Bad news!

According to this

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...e_Cafe-Chuo_Tokyo_Tokyo_Prefecture_Kanto.html

and other sources, the 100% Chocolate Cafe has (recently?) closed permanently. (n):(:mad:

It was very popular, often a line to get in, and well-reviewed, so a surprising development.

Maybe it relocated somewhere?

-Ww

Other sources say Meiji Holdings decided to close the shop (which was on the ground floor of the building that hosts its HQs) and to discontinue the production of "100% chocolate" brand last December.

https://www.fashionsnap.com/article/2017-12-03/100percent-chocolate-cafe-close/

In all honesty, most of my date ideas involve getting the hell OUT of Tokyo.

Driving up to Nikko or down to Hakone are particular favourites this time of year, the Atami coast in summer, and Okutama is gorgeous in winter. There's a large statue of Kanon in the middle of Chiba that's conveniently near a fantastic pizzeria in the middle of nowhere that's great any time of year.

... and you can really learn a lot about a person's personality when you're caught in a long traffic jam coming back on a Sunday.

In all honesty, most of my date ideas involve getting the hell OUT of Tokyo.

Driving up to Nikko or down to Hakone are particular favourites this time of year, the Atami coast in summer, and Okutama is gorgeous in winter. There's a large statue of Kanon in the middle of Chiba that's conveniently near a fantastic pizzeria in the middle of nowhere that's great any time of year.

... and you can really learn a lot about a person's personality when you're caught in a long traffic jam coming back on a Sunday.
I have done a fall foliage bus ride.....it would have been more fun if I had better company............

I have done a fall foliage bus ride.....it would have been more fun if I had better company............

It's also more fun if you have your own car. With a back seat and tinted windows.

It's also more fun if you have your own car. With a back seat and tinted windows.
Been there done that.............wayyyy to lazy nowadays to drive anywhere as Tokyo has spoiled me but my memory is still good

Reactions: Wwanderer
A slightly different type of idea: Introduce your date to one of your favorite hidden/private gem places.

There are a handful of really special/unique places around town that are quite obscure and known by very few where I am (or have been) a regular. They are "just" restaurants or bars but are amazing in one way or another, at least in my opinion, and it is fun to introduce someone new to them. They are not the sort of places many people will ever stumble on by themselves...very low profile. A few of you reading this have been to one or more of them with me.

Now I'm not about to post anything specific about any of these places, so you might ask why bother even mentioning the whole thing. The reason is that I think many/most of us (TAG regulars) have our own collection of "secret treasure" places, so this is just to suggest that if they charm you, they may well charm a date too, especially if she/he has tastes similar to yours.

If the places you know are anything like the ones on my list, posting them here is probably a bad idea.

-Ww