So A Fellow Gaijin Just Came Up To Me And Told Me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

User#16452

TAG Member
Reaction score
That when I was climbing the stairs out of the station, not one, not two but three guys were looking up my skirt.

Seriously Japan, just why.

Here is the skirt I am wearing today. You'd have to make an effort to see up it, hence how the gaijin guy noticed. Looking around me, there are plenty of J women wearing this skirt length too. It's not that I'm wearing a microskirt and bent over and they couldn't help but see.

Just whyyyyy. How can anyone, let alone an adult, think this is ok to do?

Japanese train stations have more "watch out for upskirting" than "watch out for pickpockets" signs in my experience. Bizarre. Sorry to hear about it. :\

Reactions: patty diaz
Perhaps they were just curious what kind of panties foreigners wear, if any? I don't understand your complaint. The guys were just looking from a distance right? Do you get angry when men look at your cleavage as well?

I follow the 14 step rule myself.

Reactions: Mr Cat
Japanese train stations have more "watch out for upskirting" than "watch out for pickpockets" signs in my experience. Bizarre. Sorry to hear about it. :\
The upskirting from what I understand is taking photos of minors more than anything else

Reactions: vargas
And you, would you feel confortable if a women you don't know open your pants and see if you wear a tiger motif underwear ? (my english is horrible, sorry)
Men doesn't wear skirt (in general) so we don't know what women can feel in that sort of situation, but you can at least imagine something similar in some way.

Reactions: Anna Summer
That when I was climbing the stairs out of the station, not one, not two but three guys were looking up my skirt.

Seriously Japan, just why.

Here is the skirt I am wearing today. You'd have to make an effort to see up it, hence how the gaijin guy noticed. Looking around me, there are plenty of J women wearing this skirt length too. It's not that I'm wearing a microskirt and bent over and they couldn't help but see.

Just whyyyyy. How can anyone, let alone an adult, think this is ok to do?
What pigs
Did you go to the station master?

And you, would you feel confortable if a women you don't know open your pants and see if you wear a tiger motif underwear ? (my english is horrible, sorry)
Men doesn't wear skirt (in general) so we don't know what women can feel in that sort of situation, but you can at least imagine something similar in some way.
Anytime any (well, almost any) woman wants to see what I'm wearing (or not wearing) I would feel ecstatic about it. To me it's a compliment. I'll leave it at that.

On days I wear me kilt I'm a wee bit disappointed if the lasses don't sneek a peek at me treasures.

Short skirts are made and worn to make men look. They hint at the opportunity to catch a glance of some inner thigh or even panty. There are plenty of longer skirts, dresses, or even pants that a woman with the slightest feelings of modesty might choose.

It's not polite to peek, but it's not polite to entice men and then complain about it either.

It's like if you said "she made this delicious hamburger, but complaint about the fact that i licked it. I just wanted to have a taste". If i use that sort of metaphor, this conversation will last some time, i know, but i don't think that peek like they surely peek is a right thing to do. (Also they looked surely stupid doing that.)

Perhaps they were just curious what kind of panties foreigners wear, if any? I don't understand your complaint. The guys were just looking from a distance right? Do you get angry when men look at your cleavage as well?

On days I wear me kilt I'm a wee bit disappointed if the lasses don't sneek a peek at me treasures.

Short skirts are made and worn to make men look. They hint at the opportunity to catch a glance of some inner thigh or even panty. There are plenty of longer skirts, dresses, or even pants that a woman with the slightest feelings of modesty might choose.

It's not polite to peek, but it's not polite to entice men and then complain about it either.

Seriously??

Why can't many men understand how uncomfortable it is to have one or more people stronger than you look at you in a sexual way?

"Entice men" seriously? That's just another way to say that I was asking for it and that men are creatures with uncontrolable sexual desires that cannot help but stare at any woman who comes close.

Showing cleavage is a little different, that's a delibate move to attract sexual attention (and interestingly I was wearing a long cardigan to hide my cleavage and avoid sexual attention!).

Honestly, if you think just walking up stairs justifies being oggled at then you have some serious, serious problems.

If I was wearing jeans and had the same guys staring at me it sounds like you guys would still find a way to blame me.

Presumably you're an attractive young woman with looks that are both uncommon and considered very attractive in Japan. Of course men are going to stare, even more so when you wear a short skirt designed to attract attention.

I'm just surprised that given your line of work you don't understand how strong the male sex drive is. Have a little sympathy for the poor frustrated bastards! They probably haven't gotten laid in years and couldn't afford a night with you.

Reactions: anakreon
Presumably you're an attractive young woman with looks that are both uncommon and considered very attractive in Japan. Of course men are going to stare, even more so when you wear a short skirt designed to attract attention.

I'm just surprised that given your line of work you don't understand how strong the male sex drive is. Have a little sympathy for the poor frustrated bastards! They probably haven't gotten laid in years and couldn't afford a night with you.

Is my skirt that short? I don't have to cross my legs when sitting down and if you look carefully in the image I linked, you can see a good few inches between where my underwear is and where the skirt hem is. The guys weren't able to look up it without making a deliberate move (the gaijin wouldn't have noticed otherwise).

And yes, my fault. I should have known better than to think feeling uncomfortable in public is of more importance than the male sex drive....!!!!!

Admiring is OK, expected, and probably a compliment to most women. Attempting to see the private parts in public crosses a line. The skirt in question does look nice and I would look too - but to try to see the unmentionables is unmentionable. And yea I am one of those poor frustrated bastards.....

That's just another way to say that I was asking for it and that men are creatures with uncontrolable sexual desires that cannot help but stare at any woman who comes close.
Aren't they?
August 25th: Actor Takahata arrested for raping a woman, says he “could not control his desire”
September 10th: Prosecutor drops charges against Takahata

Have a little sympathy for the poor frustrated bastards!
Are you serious? The guys were not admiring her from afar, they were trying to peek under her skirt.
Last month i was buying underwear at Donki and there was this strange guy that was looking at underwear here and there, constantly moving and touching the products. It didnt feel right so while browsing items i was regularly checking were he was. At some point when i checked, that idiot was CROUCHING behind me to look under my dress. Is a just-above the knee dress too "enticing"? And yes, in spite of my work i was shaken and very, very angry.
Was kicking him in the chest sympathetic enough, though?

oh wow...Not everything a women does or wears is to attract men. That mindset is extremely sexist. Also just because jBlair is a sex worker doesn't mean she's a piece of meat, she's a woman in control of her body and should be able to wear whatever the fuck she wants without leering creeps trying to look up her skirt. Seriously, the comments being made here are unbelievable

Last edited:
Last month i was buying underwear at Donki and there was this strange guy that was looking at underwear here and there, constantly moving and touching the products. It didnt feel right so while browsing items i was regularly checking were he was. At some point when i checked, that idiot was CROUCHING behind me to look under my dress. Is a just-above the knee dress too "enticing"? And yes, in spite of my work i was shaken and very, very angry.
Was kicking him in the chest sympathetic enough, though?

Well I don't imagine these guys in the train station were creeping about hoping to get a glance like your guy was, and they probably weren't crouching on the stairs, just stretching their necks.

Sure, a kick in the chest is fair play for your situation I'd say. Maybe a little excessive for public oggling.

Seriously??

Why can't many men understand how uncomfortable it is to have one or more people stronger than you look at you in a sexual way?

"Entice men" seriously? That's just another way to say that I was asking for it and that men are creatures with uncontrolable sexual desires that cannot help but stare at any woman who comes close.

Showing cleavage is a little different, that's a delibate move to attract sexual attention (and interestingly I was wearing a long cardigan to hide my cleavage and avoid sexual attention!).

Honestly, if you think just walking up stairs justifies being oggled at then you have some serious, serious problems.

If I was wearing jeans and had the same guys staring at me it sounds like you guys would still find a way to blame me.
you have sexy legs and we have brainless eyes when sex is involved.
unless I get a reminder of the annoyance I may be causing I'd be looking at these legs too to be honest.

I don't think your skirt is too short, especially in Japan's standard. That said i am surprised about your reaction (though legitimate).
Even just looking at the picture got me a bit excited, so i can imagine how it would have been seeing you passing by...

How can women not understand how frustrating it is to have sexily dressed women mess around with your hormones during your commute ?

Sometimes we ironically refer to this as visual violence with friends.

Don't get me wrong, i am sorry that they made you feel that way, and you are free to decide what is acceptable or not for you!

i am more than happy if you continue to dress the same way.

Reactions: anakreon

Lol. This is the funnies reply I've read in a while on TAG.

I have some problems to visualize what actually happened, so I have no opinion how far they overstepped borders.
However I have the impression that @User#16452 would have been a very happy lady today if that gaijin hadn't walked up to her. Kinda like when someone has to point out that I have a stain on my shirt (something that cannot be helped for the remainder of the day), which then will bother me for the rest of the day.

As for @vck_js, I'm sure she already regrets that she aimed too high with her kick :D

I complete understand @User#16452 thought, that it is not so much the rather harmless act of trying to get a glimpse from afar, but the looming question what else those guys might be up to which turns that into an uncomfortable situation.

Reactions: Vulkan and zer0ed
Status
Not open for further replies.