So A Fellow Gaijin Just Came Up To Me And Told Me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@User#16452 Can you post another picture of the skirt in question, so I could further examine the length to knee ratio and accuratley determine if the skirt was indeed too short or just right?

Reactions: just4fun and MikeH
*sigh*

This reminds me of this one scenario..

image.png

:confused::shifty::facepalm:

In about 20 years you will become invisible to men and you won't have to worry about this kind of thing.

I only noticed this comment just now and I really can't understand what you are trying to say. Is it one of the following?

1. My "value" to men is only in my looks?
2. Women over 40 aren't attractive?
3. I should enjoy being ogled at as it won't last?
4. Someone who is not considered attraction is not worth paying attention to and had nothing to contribute to society?
5. Just put up with it for 20 years?
6. Men are all shallow and are only able to see how attractive someone is?

Last edited by a moderator:
I only noticed this comment just now and I really can't understand what you are trying to say. Is it one of the following?

1. My "value" to men is only in my looks?
3. I should enjoy being ogled at as it won't last?
4. Someone who is not considered attraction is not worth paying attention to and had nothing to contribute to society?
5. Just put up with it for 20 years?
let's be honest 2 min :
1. your appeal (rather than "value") to men who don't know you is indeed your looks
2. they can be attractive but usually less than when they used to be under 40
3. you don't have to enjoy it but you can't command other people's eyes so you'd better accept it
4. we're just talking about people looking somewhere not about their expectation of other people's contribution to society
5. just stop giving a shit for your own good.
6. cf #1. people see you first and then they may get to know you (or not). not only men will have your look for first impression in real life, women too will catch your look only if they only see you outside.

Reactions: just4fun
It is unfortunate this happened to you, User#16452. It definitely isn't ok to do. I am glad that someone did let you know, albeit a bit late. Here's hoping that if it happens again, someone will speak up.

Reactions: Anna Summer

3. ... it won't last?

A combination of points 2, 3 and 6 pretty much hits the nail on the head.

As somebody said, sometimes is inevitable not to look a skirt when you are taking the stairs in the train station or mall, but I think if you already know that your skirt is enough short to let your pants show, why not wear a black short instead and not worry if somebody have a look. :jimlad:

As somebody said, sometimes is inevitable not to look a skirt when you are taking the stairs in the train station or mall, but I think if you already know that your skirt is enough short to let your pants show, why not wear a black short instead and not worry if somebody have a look. :jimlad:
I don't get the interest in the pants in Japan, the legs themselves are way more appealing.

let's be honest 2 min :
1. your appeal (rather than "value") to men who don't know you is indeed your looks
2. they can be attractive but usually less than when they used to be under 40
3. you don't have to enjoy it but you can't command other people's eyes so you'd better accept it
4. we're just talking about people looking somewhere not about their expectation of other people's contribution to society
5. just stop giving a shit for your own good.
6. cf #1. people see you first and then they may get to know you (or not). not only men will have your look for first impression in real life, women too will catch your look only if they only see you outside.

Did you read my first post? They had to make a deliberate obvious move to see up my skirt, it wasn't that they couldn't help but see.

As for just accepting it, if only men could be held accountable for their actions!!

Since I can see you were not actively participating on this thread, and came here just to say that, I might do the same: Whats your problem mate?

Even tough I haven't participated yet, I read the thread (and several other threads). The aggressivity of jblair towards everybody making a comment that doesn't go her way pushed me to react. Some members are making jokes and she is taking everything so litteraly, I believe chilling and looking at the comments from some distance would give better perspective at what everyone is actually trying to say.

Did you read my first post? They had to make a deliberate obvious move to see up my skirt, it wasn't that they couldn't help but see.

If only men could be held accountable for their actions!!
I appologized earlier about that and said it wasn't a good to do.
but that doesn't change my answer about your 6 points and the general statement about men being shallow.

and about what they did I think unless you cough them in the act to frown at them there is nothing you can do about that.
when a woman I know is wearing a skirt I'm often telling her to join her knees when in the train and I'm always staring at the guys facing us to discourage them giving a look.

Even tough I haven't participated yet, I read the thread (and several other threads). The aggressivity of jblair towards everybody making a comment that doesn't go her way pushed me to react. Some members are making jokes and she is taking everything so litteraly, I believe chilling and looking at the comments from some distance would give better perspective at what everyone is actually trying to say.

Because telling someone to 'chill out' is something that ever worked in mankind history ?

I believe , in any case, that your comment was simply to show the discomfort you were feeling by @User#16452's statements or you would have kindly expanded a little better "your point" without me having to ask.

Unless you are a prodigy, and have some universal understanding of the chaotic implications of her words over your life: What do you care, Lola ?
To put it in a more simple way, your comment, was as useless as an ashtray mounted on a bike's handlebars.

Don't bother in replying me, like in chess I already made all the moves in my head, and I don't have much more time to waste on you today.

Because telling someone to 'chill out' is something that ever worked in mankind history ?

I believe , in any case, that your comment was simply to show the discomfort you were feeling by @User#16452's statements or you would have kindly expanded a little better "your point" without me having to ask.

Unless you are a prodigy, and have some universal understanding of the chaotic implications of her words over your life: What do you care, Lola ?
To put it in a more simple way, your comment, was as useless as an ashtray mounted on a bike's handlebars.

Don't bother in replying me, like in chess I already made all the moves in my head, and I don't have much more time to waste on you today.
Gonna play "devils advocate" cause I gotta ask: what do you care what he posted? As it seems you're trying to direct the conversation to your liking, it seems a tad hypocritical.

With all due respect of course!
HatTipCartoon.jpg

Reactions: just4fun and Mr Cat
Wow, this is way too aggressive for me, I'm out of the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.