Soaplands vs Deriheru ... why one over the other? (mid budget)

This brings me to the question of....... why should I even pick deriheru over soap? Because sometimes deriheru can be cheaper? Is it the beauty and quality of the girls?
I know these are 2 different experiences, but again.... it seems that Soaps are just overall better in terms of the most bang for your buck.
First, just be aware that discussion about FS in regards to DH usually gets a thread locked especially when it's about an actual shop or provider.

Now, as to why pick DH over SL.

1. Many, many more DH shops and therefore providers for choices
2. More choices means better chance of finding foreigner friendly shops.
3. More providers mean higher ratio of super attractive providers
4. DH shops offer niche, cosplay, theme, etc which can tickle a fancy
5. DH offer more extreme options (SM, toilet, irama, etc)
6. DH, well, delivers.
7. DH offers options for filming and AF
8. Probably shit load of other reasons I'm not clever enough to think about.

Personally, I'm more a vanilla sex type of guy (my reviews get repetitive as such) so have no problem opting for SL. Still, the last box health I went to was an office lady theme that would let you do the session while the provider stayed in uniform including letting you finish on it. Don't think most SL providers would let you do anything that'd mess up their underwear much less their outfit, and I sort love the look of ladies in office attire with their skirt push up showing off ass and pussy will you're grinding so let's just say maybe I might give that shop a second visit.

This brings me to the question of....... why should I even pick deriheru over soap? Because sometimes deriheru can be cheaper? Is it the beauty and quality of the girls?

I think if you just look at the price there is no reason to ever book delivery health. Because hotel is an added cost you can always find cheaper deals at soaplands. DH is quite pricey for what it is. I still book it very often because it just a very different experience. @YokoMonger already posted a list of reasons, but there is more:

9. Much nicer surroundings. Most soaplands, have tiny beds, no bedsheets, the rooms are humid because of the bath. It's just a lot nicer to have fun on a kingsized bed and have pillow talk under the bedsheets afterwards.

10. You see the girl in her own style with her street cloths and full makeup beforehand. It's a huge plus for me, other people probably care less. At soaplands the girls often wear cloths that match the style of the shop and makeup/hairstyle is simpler because of the humid rooms.

11. Super attractive girls. Of course there are also super beautiful girls at soaplands, but I think the percentage at DH is higher. Why should a girl work at a soap if she can make the same money without offering sex? I think a lot of DH also offer much more flexible work times....some girls constantly switch times/days or work super irregular which makes it an attractive job on the side....besides university or whatever. I think soaplands require a bit more dedication to the job 😅

12. Less professional girls. At soaps most sessions go after protocol, you have the always same washing routines and most girls do this job pretty regularly. It just feels more like a professional service. You will find more amateurs doing DH who just started or do this very irregularly. This is not always a plus....can also lead to encounters that feel super awkward, but often it feels a bit more natural.

Last edited:
Soapland vs Delivery Health, sushi vs steak. It's like spending your night wondering how long is a piece of string.

Just try them all and then decide which one works for you.

First, just be aware that discussion about FS in regards to DH usually gets a thread locked especially when it's about an actual shop or provider.

Now, as to why pick DH over SL.

1. Many, many more DH shops and therefore providers for choices
2. More choices means better chance of finding foreigner friendly shops.
3. More providers mean higher ratio of super attractive providers
4. DH shops offer niche, cosplay, theme, etc which can tickle a fancy
5. DH offer more extreme options (SM, toilet, irama, etc)
6. DH, well, delivers.
7. DH offers options for filming and AF
8. Probably shit load of other reasons I'm not clever enough to think about.

Personally, I'm more a vanilla sex type of guy (my reviews get repetitive as such) so have no problem opting for SL. Still, the last box health I went to was an office lady theme that would let you do the session while the provider stayed in uniform including letting you finish on it. Don't think most SL providers would let you do anything that'd mess up their underwear much less their outfit, and I sort love the look of ladies in office attire with their skirt push up showing off ass and pussy will you're grinding so let's just say maybe I might give that shop a second visit.
thank you so much for this. This is the kind of reply I was dreaming of.

Truly, thank you. I can also agree with some of these reasons, specially how natural it felt. When I was with one of the deriheru girls it felt.... well.... almost as if she was a friend. I know it sounds very simp, but it felt very natural rather than a "service". Also, it can get the treat locked? I didnt know that.

Reactions: boogermachine
I think if you just look at the price there is no reason to ever book delivery health. Because hotel is an added cost you can always find cheaper deals at soaplands. DH is quite pricey for what it is. I still book it very often because it just a very different experience. @YokoMonger already posted a list of reasons, but there is more:

9. Much nicer surroundings. Most soaplands, have tiny beds, no bedsheets, the rooms are humid because of the bath. It's just a lot nicer to have fun on a kingsized bed and have pillow talk under the bedsheets afterwards.

10. You see the girl in full style with her street cloths and full makeup before hands. It's a huge plus for me, other people probably care less. At soaplands the girls often wear cloths that match the style of the shop and makeup/hairstyle is simpler because of the humid rooms.

11. Super attractive girls. Of course there are also super beautiful girls at soaplands, but I think the percentage at DH is higher. Why should a girl work at a soap if she can make the same money without offering sex? I think a lot of DH also offer much more flexible work times....some girls constantly switch times/days or work super irregular which makes it an attractive job on the side....besides university or whatever. I think soaplands require a bit more dedication to the job 😅

12. Less professional girls. At soaps most sessions go after protocol, you have the always same washing routines and most girls do this job pretty regularly. It just feels more like a professional service. You will find more amateurs doing DH who just started or do this very irregularly. This is not always a plus....can also lead to encounters that feel super awkward, but often it feels a bit more natural.
points 9 and 10 are veeery good imo. I also felt that the pillow talk was very wholesome with the girl I was. I kinda tried that in a kyaba lately but... obviously it wasnt a bed nor a hotel :ROFLMAO: but I really missed that lying down with a partner. When I was at the soap..... the bed was SO TINY, like we barely fit together lying next to each other.

I have seen so many cute girls in deriheru as well as, maybe, even cuter ones at the refre twitter accounts.

thank you

Personally I like both about equally. Soaps obviously offer the FS experience and mat play, which I love, but I've had several mediocre experiences at soaps and never a deliheru experience I thought was even below average. Plus I find the GFE experience at deliheru to be a bit nicer most of the time, and I really like BJs which they usually specialize in, and I've not gotten a BJ finish at a soap before.

Why should a girl work at a soap if she can make the same money without offering sex? I think a lot of DH also offer much more flexible work times....
Every girl has different reasoning but to me that doesn’t make much sense.
CFS is both easier and safer than bbj. Of course there will usually be some bbj as well at soaps but usually no CIM, and probably also less chance of deepthroat or very long bjs. Only way CFS would be a problem is if the guy is big or takes a long time, or if the girl has emotional hang ups with it. Long bbj is definitely not a walk in the park either.

Also high end soapland usually requires staying a long set shift, but mid and low tire often let girls pick their own hours.
And either way you can pick your schedule as late as a week beforehand and maybe even decide closer to the date if you want to work more or less. From what I understand, hostessing jobs are very strict on attendance (as much as fining girls for taking time off or not bringing in customers) but fuuzoku jobs can’t be too forceful with the girls because the shop can get accused of forcing girls into sex work. So everywhere has a pretty relaxed schedule, although shops are probably likely to let a girl who cancels all the time go if she is not a big asset otherwise.

As for cosplay, like others have said, just buy your own on Amazon or Donki, leave it in the packaging and just give it to the girl wherever you go. No guarantee but the majority of girls won’t object to putting it on.

So, as I was looking through CityHeaven and many corners of X, I have been coming across several services such as Refre, Deriheru, Este and Soap. There is a very comprehensive guide on TAG on what you can generally expect from each of one. as well as I have been reading through several of these shops "user guidelines"... but I have come across something....

Why should I ever pick a Deriheru over Soap?
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Now, I have been to both, I have used good and bad Deriheru and been to 1 not so good soap and a good one (you all know who), and the biggest differences I see are:
-locations
-prices+options
-the obvious one

So, for deriheru you generally can pick a hotel, usually near the shop to stay in budget and I see they often allow you to book the girl for 1. 2 or even 3 hours. There is even the option to actually go on a date with the girl, for her to stay all night, etc. though these escape my budget. Soaps on the other hand are establishments and, generally speaking, allow for a 2 hour sessions before they charge exorbitant amounts of money, and no option for the girl to date you outside and such.

AF is, sometimes, an option for deriheru while it is not really one for soaps... which leads me to the main point: FS

There is no doubt if you go to soap you are pretty much guaranteed FS... whereas with Deriheru it seems to be like a pachinko? In the sense that, yeah sometimes AF can be code for FS, and sometimes there is this chance of the girl offering you FS either for free or as an option. For instance, I read a review here where the girl just agreed to FS, and a friend told me he had FS with a deriheru no problem.... however, there are several shops that have written in their rules "actual act prohibited" which is the honban. Also when I have called some shops, once they confirm Im a foreigner, they inmediately say in english "no sex. this no sex shop. no sex". Also when I was with a deriheru, she was very ok with me on AF, BUT NOT FS, I didnt push for it, but she was very clear that I could not "penetrate her" . That last experience was pretty,,,, bummer for me, as if I was shown a pizza and told Im only allowed to eat the crust.

I know these are 2 different experiences, but again.... it seems that Soaps are just overall better in terms of the most bang for your buck.

What do you guys think? Do you have any recommendations for a budget of 20,000 yen?
I have been really looking for cosplay related girls and found Akihabara Pickles 2 and Moe Moe Chaneru. The first one has AF option, but little cosplays, whereas the 2nd one does have a good amount of cosplays and quality girls... but no AF and it seems DEFINETELY NOT FS, as some girls have told me in DMs as well as the store staff when I called.
It appears that there is no cosplay soaps in Tokyo with the only one being in Oosaka I think????

Last but not least.... in light of no anime cosplay soaps I was looking into Bijin lab. I saw some comments on Google Maps that the store staff are the worst and when I called the guy was definetely NOT friendly at all. Have you guys had any problems with the staff? Have they refused entry simply because you are a foreigner???

Thank you to whoever replies
Firstly - don’t expect FS at DH. It’s officially not on option, and as a legally licensed business, if you press for it they can press criminal charges.

That said… a high end DH can be just as expensive as a high end soap for the same session duration, and a low end soap will often be around the same price point as a cheaper DH. The price doesn’t differ that much.

The key difference other than FS availability is that soapland girls are often seen as being a little more jaded/hardened, while DH girls are often younger and newer to the industry - many guys like the naivety of a newer girl, and the chance that she might take it further if he plays his cards right. For some the uncertainty adds to the excitement.

That and mat play.

little more jaded/hardened, while DH girls are often younger and newer to the industry
Being newer often means worse service though, so the sword cuts two ways.

I think as a guy it you have the confidence you will be a pleasant client to the girl and she will be comfortable around you, a newer girl can be nice, but if you want a more solid proactive experience, a veteran is better.

10. You see the girl in her own style with her street cloths and full makeup beforehand. It's a huge plus for me, other people probably care less. At soaplands the girls often wear cloths that match the style of the shop and makeup/hairstyle is simpler because of the humid rooms.
I like that Japan has the option for me to experience casual sexual encounters (even without the PIV sex) without having to go to a bar to buy drinks. Rather than gogo boots, I also prefer daytime casual.

Some of my encounters with DH girls have been so memorable I made AI representations of their overall style. I really treasure the time I had with them.
DH girls.jpg

I prefer DH over the soapland experience. When I have a busy day at work, I will call a DH shop and tell them where I am staying. Having a girl knock at your hotel door and opening up to see a beautiful girl come to your room and talk with you etc provides me a relaxation from my daily work life. In a soapland, I don't feel that same relaxation as in my hotel room.

My favorite DH are the luxury types. The best experienced I had were from these types of DH. All the women that I met in these DH enjoyed what they were doing and provided great service. A lot of them were good at making conversations and had interesting backgrounds. I ended up making friends with some of them.

For the same price, the DH provider is on average, likely to be more attractive than the soap provider.

Even at high-end soaps, you’ll be lucky not to see mold in the room, and be on a small, hard bed. With DH you can pick whatever hotel you fancy.

I always try to pick one with a nice big jacuzzi bath. There's like 3 in close proximity in Kabukicho I like. D-Wave, Pasha and one more I forget the name of, but the top floor rooms have an open-roof jacuzzi.

Reactions: parading
Depending on the location and time of day it can be a struggle to get a room at the popular hotels and quality can also vary within the same hotel (cramped, stink of cigarettes etc). SLs are easier in that regard.

Being newer often means worse service though, so the sword cuts two ways.

but if you want a more solid proactive experience, a veteran is better.
This is what makes the difference for me, for a one night stand I don't mind taking the lead but in fuzoku I want confident girls who takes the lead.
Being able to finish inside isn't a negative either.

This is what makes the difference for me, for a one night stand I don't mind taking the lead but in fuzoku I want confident girls who takes the lead.
Being able to finish inside isn't a negative either.
Hmmm hmm that last part is something I really enjoy.

Thank you for commenting. I think the most important thing is personal preference and what I value the most in the session(?)

Thank you

For the same price, the DH provider is on average, likely to be more attractive than the soap provider.

Even at high-end soaps, you’ll be lucky not to see mold in the room, and be on a small, hard bed. With DH you can pick whatever hotel you fancy.
The beds are pretty yikes in the soaps I went to

I like that Japan has the option for me to experience casual sexual encounters (even without the PIV sex) without having to go to a bar to buy drinks. Rather than gogo boots, I also prefer daytime casual.

Some of my encounters with DH girls have been so memorable I made AI representations of their overall style. I really treasure the time I had with them.
View attachment 23320
This is very cute 🥰

In my case the one deriheru I had a session with... She was kinda ugly on the face but she REALLY tried her best do fulfill all my fantasies. She also allowed me to walk her out the hotel for a little bit as if she was my gf. I am very grateful for her efforts, even though I wasn't that satisfied... I do respect that a lot.

Reactions: sakura12
One cosplay theme soap is Mr DANDY Part II in yoshiwara, i heard foreigner is accepted. Or you can try some maid themed shops (Alice Cafe should be one). For particular anime cosplay you need to check with the provider, some of them is fine to wear customer provided (new) wears.

Firstly - don’t expect FS at DH. It’s officially not on option, and as a legally licensed business, if you press for it they can press criminal charges.

That said… a high end DH can be just as expensive as a high end soap for the same session duration, and a low end soap will often be around the same price point as a cheaper DH. The price doesn’t differ that much.

The key difference other than FS availability is that soapland girls are often seen as being a little more jaded/hardened, while DH girls are often younger and newer to the industry - many guys like the naivety of a newer girl, and the chance that she might take it further if he plays his cards right. For some the uncertainty adds to the excitement.

That and mat play.
Also nowadays a lot of cheap soaplands specialize in “amateur girls” and don’t have mats in the room anymore or the girls just claim they don’t know how to do mat play.
Mat play is less and less common as girls like to half ass their job and clients generally prefer “amateurs” over girls who know what they are doing and are “hardened” or whatever.

So I would say the difference between soap and deli isn’t necessarily that one has more experienced professionals than the other, but that it also depends on what kind of shop it is.

Also nowadays a lot of cheap soaplands specialize in “amateur girls” and don’t have mats in the room anymore or the girls just claim they don’t know how to do mat play.
Mat play is less and less common as girls like to half ass their job and clients generally prefer “amateurs” over girls who know what they are doing and are “hardened” or whatever.

So I would say the difference between soap and deli isn’t necessarily that one has more experienced professionals than the other, but that it also depends on what kind of shop it is.
Yes, the line is getting blurred, a lot of businesses are still hurting from Covid and they’re trying new things to both attract customers (look, we’re different) AND girls to work for them (look, we’re easy to work for).

It’s the same race for the bottom we’ve been seeing in most business circles, sadly.

Yes, I was surprised to find this in some of the younger girls in luxury soaps too. They move over from cheap shops like Honey Collection and are hired for their youth and looks and they provide a really good flirty GFE, so they play into the helplessness. I asked one if she was going for mat classes but nope, no interest since it takes up time and she sells well enough.

All in all I find late 20s the best balance of skill and youth.

Reactions: SpecialK and Alice

I think I have to disagree here.
If you look at the established girls of a soap and a health shop, it is of course the same. They are professionals, have done this job for a bit and have experience....but fluctuation of newcomers at health shops is much much higher than at soaps.

A huge number of girls dip their toes into the industry to check if this could work as a job for them...and leave it again after the first week.