Streaming In 2020 (Netflix, Hulu, Disney, Amazon, Etc.)

Just started that one too. So far not so sure it will beat out Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 in my mind (disaster anime from 2009).
Watched the whole thing in a couple of days and loved it. Not really an anime person usually but really enjoyed this.

Reactions: Acid Burn
Holy shit. I may destroy you is the best thing I've watched since fleabag.

Possibly only of interest if you are as much of a liberal snowflake as I am, but...

Just started that one too. So far not so sure it will beat out Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 in my mind (disaster anime from 2009).

Finished watching Japan Sinks and liked it, Never heard of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, so I tracked it down and started watching that one too. Almost finished with it now and really enjoying it. Not as dark as Japan Sinks and I liked that twist near the end.

Thanks for the recommendation @Acid Burn !:)

Reactions: Acid Burn
didn't like Japan Sinks that much, many parts of the narrative was too much of a stretch, guess my expectation was too high after the first episodes

I just found Norseman on Netflix just to see what it is and like it a lot.

I stumbled across this pleasant surprise on Amazon Prime:

Soviet Storm: World War II in the East

Reactions: MossBoss
Holy shit. I may destroy you is the best thing I've watched since fleabag.

Possibly only of interest if you are as much of a liberal snowflake as I am, but...
How do you watch it in Japan. I have been looking for a way. Thanks

Reactions: Lars Lust
Belatedly I binged Cobra Kai over the long weekend...it's way better than I expected and Moon is hot.
I've been going back and forth whether to watch it or not. Your recommendation solved that for me.

Reactions: Ken1988 and Durg50
I've been going back and forth whether to watch it or not. Your recommendation solved that for me.

the trailer didn't hook me at all but lots of people know are saying its great.

the trailer didn't hook me at all but lots of people know are saying its great.
I'll give it a shot tonight since my date delayed to long for my temperment and I nixed her. Won't be much fun watching it cause I'll need to turn the volume up to drown out my wifes snoring. What a miserable existance...............

Reactions: MikeH and Acid Burn
I'm halfway through it now, and it's surprisingly good.

I started Godless from Netflix and it's pretty ok though at least this far has less sex than I have come to get used from a Western.

Reactions: just4fun
I watched Cobra Kai within a couple of days. It's really great. Strongly recommend it.
If you like the undead, check out the new Korean zombie movie "Alive".

Not streaming but Tenet is actually in MOVIE THEATRES in Japan this Friday.
I won’t go this early but I do want to sneak out during the day to see it at some point before the spoilers come out.

Not streaming but Tenet is actually in MOVIE THEATRES in Japan this Friday.
I won’t go this early but I do want to sneak out during the day to see it at some point before the spoilers come out.

Nolan movies are usually above average in entertainment, but Tenet is getting shit on online. People saying that they can't hear the characters speak becaues of the poor sound design. So i'm reluctant to see it in theatres.

There's nothing good on Amazon Prime besides The Boys. I wouldn't waste money on Disney+ because Mulan is a flaming piece of shit of a movie but the Mandalorian is good. I'll try Disney+ when the new MCU shows/movies come out like WandaVision and Falcon & Winter Soldier later this year. HBO is a flop which is why I think they greenlit the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League to boost sub count.

Reactions: Desktop
I’d like to watch Raised by Wolves on HBO but can’t subscribe from Japan (even using VPN... it blocks at the billing info step since they accept only US cards)
I checked on Google: they seem to have a partnership with Amazon Prime locally, which I subscribe to, but not for everything, and sadly not that serie
Anybody know a way?

thanks but I got a virus alert after clicking subscribe :eek:

edit: ok seem to work now , thanks J4F
You're welcome. Warning though, do not subscribe to any of these.........links that could be shady. This has worked fine for me though just don't become a member.

Reactions: Frenchy
You're welcome. Warning though, do not subscribe to any of these.........links that could be shady. This has worked fine for me though just don't become a member.
Yeah, weird pop ups
One was saying i have to register (at another site, in Japanese) to continue watching for free but still asked for credit card details. Fuck that