The Anything Goes Thread

I don't usually pay too close attention to member names, but sometimes they just stick out like @BigPrickRick --- I mean that just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? Just sitting here at home, say BigPrickRick out loud. It's almost satisfying because it rolls so smoothly...

What a name.

Rick is not going to be pleased.

Rest in peace, Joel Schumacher.
The director of The Lost Boys, Falling Down, A Time to Kill, Flatliners, St. Elmo’s Fire, 8mm and Batman Forever was 80.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53144082

AB17A34E-E320-4AB2-A92F-9F479C6C9E21.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sudsy
I don't usually pay too close attention to member names, but sometimes they just stick out like @BigPrickRick --- I mean that just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? Just sitting here at home, say BigPrickRick out loud. It's almost satisfying because it rolls so smoothly...

What a name.
I’m glad someone else finds it amusing, but it’s not really true...

my names not actually Rick!

Reactions: TAG Manager
Life expectancy.

If you have lived in JPN for even a short time, you have probably heard ( over and over)how healthy the JPNese are, and how they can expect to live a long healthy life. I wonder what Japanese are doing in their old age. In my n'hood, they seem to go to the local gym and pool, or sports club, take the dog for a walk....and just trying to save money for the possibility they may live to 90, 100 or 110. This existence seems like they are just hanging around waiting to die.

Considering genetics, diet, lifestyle, environment ( and leaving aside any debate about how life expectancy is calculated) what age do you think you will kick the bucket? ( assuming you don't get run over by a bus or otherwise meet a surprise ending). I am pencilling in 75 - which is well short of the Japanese life expectancy. I don't think I would want to live much past the age of 85. Life with physical and mental health problems, wouldn't seem like LIFE to me..

Reactions: just4fun
Reactions: Lukes
When Shooter is on TV or Netflix, I always try to catch that part of the film where Levon Helm’s Mr. Rate advises Mark Wahlberg’s renegade sniper.

Yup, I miss Mr. Helm.
Here’s a clip of him on drums and lead vocal with The Band.

Oddly aroused.

04FC0CF9-E0F0-4CA1-A0DD-1EBEF0D5D680.gif

I guess given this is the anything goes thread, and no one knows who I am IRL (hopefully).. I'll just vent here. One of my best friends recently broke up with her boyfriend, I really like her, but I found out she went back to him last night. I'm sure a lot of guys will know that feeling, and all I'll say is that it hurts and I know I'll move on eventually, but it hurts a ton and I can't say anything about it because it'll destroy whatever half chance I have/had along with the friendship.

Anyway, that is just what I have to vent, don't want the thread to be depressing, @TAG Manager if you wanna delete it feel free to do so.. IDK if this is even allowed here XD

I guess given this is the anything goes thread, and no one knows who I am IRL (hopefully).. I'll just vent here. One of my best friends recently broke up with her boyfriend, I really like her, but I found out she went back to him last night. I'm sure a lot of guys will know that feeling, and all I'll say is that it hurts and I know I'll move on eventually, but it hurts a ton and I can't say anything about it because it'll destroy whatever half chance I have/had along with the friendship.

Anyway, that is just what I have to vent, don't want the thread to be depressing, @TAG Manager if you wanna delete it feel free to do so.. IDK if this is even allowed here XD

sounds like you had hopes it would become more than « friendship » ?

sounds like you had hopes it would become more than « friendship » ?

XD If I'm thinking what you're thinking, actually no..? Although we did make plans to hangout next week (this was before they broke up, but the plans are still set even after the break up) and I was banking on some action..? But the main plan was to actually be in a relationship with her because she is amazing

But the main plan was to actually be in a relationship with her because she is amazing

yes, that’s what I assumed, but it was not clear from your initial post.
Don’t know what to tell you... « plenty of fish in the sea » is the usual exhortation in such cases. Good luck!

yes, that’s what I assumed, but it was not clear from your initial post.
Don’t know what to tell you... « plenty of fish in the sea » is the usual exhortation in such cases. Good luck!

It is getting harder and harder to find your soulmate.......two-thirds of the world's fish stocks are either fished at their limit or over fished. The UN food and agriculture organisation (FAO) has estimated that 70 percent of the fish population is fully used, overused or in crisis.

It is getting harder and harder to find your soulmate.......two-thirds of the world's fish stocks are either fished at their limit or over fished. The UN food and agriculture organisation (FAO) has estimated that 70 percent of the fish population is fully used, overused or in crisis.
Ok well « find your vegetable » then

The UN food and agriculture organisation (FAO) has estimated that 70 percent of the fish population is fully used, overused or in crisis.

The good news is this kind of fish you can still eat even if it has been fully used before.

Reactions: just4fun and Sudsy