The Next British Pm is ……

🤷🏻‍♂️

13F4DD3E-C03F-4B9E-BA84-0872AC329338.jpeg

Kevin Spacey should be appointed as PM. That’s why he’s there, right? He has the experience! House of Cards!

You Brits want Kamala?? The DNC is frantically searching for a way to dump her before 2024, plus she claims to be a pot-smoking Jamaican so that's close enough, right?

Keihin why don’t you take the job? You’ve got the vocab, sex drive, and the skills. Maybe you won’t suck as much as the others did.

Unfortunately, I am the quintessential American....meaning I know utterly jack shit about any other country, culture or language on the planet (except Japan, obviously). I am as ignorant as they come. Even though I spent the better part of a decade drinking in the Osaka slums with the trashiest of trash the UK could send to Japan, I honestly know almost nothing about the politics. All I know are the accents. If the guy sounds like a member of the royal family, he's probably a fucking douchebag. If he sounds like the GEICO Gecko, Adele, any cast member from TOWIE or like any of my buddies from Manchester, he's good to go and it's going to be a blackout drunk night. If he has a Liverpool accent I best go home unless I want to get arrested. The Irish are like Mogwai--if it's past 8am and you see booze, run the fuck home. And that system has worked out pretty well for me so far.

Unfortunately, I am the quintessential American....meaning I know utterly jack shit about any other country, culture or language on the planet (except Japan, obviously). I am as ignorant as they come. Even though I spent the better part of a decade drinking in the Osaka slums with the trashiest of trash the UK could send to Japan, I honestly know almost nothing about the politics. All I know are the accents. If the guy sounds like a member of the royal family, he's probably a fucking douchebag. If he sounds like the GEICO Gecko, Adele, any cast member from TOWIE or like any of my buddies from Manchester, he's good to go and it's going to be a blackout drunk night. If he has a Liverpool accent I best go home unless I want to get arrested. The Irish are like Mogwai--if it's past 8am and you see booze, run the fuck home. And that system has worked out pretty well for me so far.
Well you know TOWIE , Adele and at least 2 other cities than London. Your knowledge of the UK is waaaay above most Americans.
And probably enough to be a better PM than Liz or Boris

Reactions: Sudsy and Keihan
And Sunak it is !
Will be fun to see Charles endorsing an ethnically Indian (and Hindu) guy as his first new PM …. If I was Sunak I’d be a bit worried about where the king’s sword lands , during the ceremony

And Sunak it is !
Will be fun to see Charles endorsing an ethnically Indian (and Hindu) guy as his first new PM …. If I was Sunak I’d be a bit worried about where the king’s sword lands , during the ceremony

I'm curious as, like I said above, I know absolutely nothing about politics in other countries. Is this Sunak a good thing or bad thing for the UK? From an American's perspective, when you do come across that very rare "conservative" Indian, he/she tends to put most mainstream conservatives to shame and, in my opinion, in a good way. I'm referring of course to people like Dinesh D'Souza and Nikki Haley. I was looking forward to voting for Nikki for POTUS in 2024 until DJT decided to (probably) turn the whole election into a fucking circus again. I'm just hoping both he and Hunter Biden get convicted around the same time and we can put both of those shithole camps in the rearview, permanently.

I'm curious as, like I said above, I know absolutely nothing about politics in other countries. Is this Sunak a good thing or bad thing for the UK? From an American's perspective, when you do come across that very rare "conservative" Indian, he/she tends to put most mainstream conservatives to shame and, in my opinion, in a good way. I'm referring of course to people like Dinesh D'Souza and Nikki Haley. I was looking forward to voting for Nikki for POTUS in 2024 until DJT decided to (probably) turn the whole election into a fucking circus again. I'm just hoping both he and Hunter Biden get convicted around the same time and we can put both of those shithole camps in the rearview, permanently.
I have a feeling actual Brits don’t participate in this thread. Or they’re too ashamed to say where they’re from. Or that they voted Brexit. A pity really… I absolutely wanted Brexit to happen too, there, I said it, no shame! :)

Anyway, while we are waiting for a proud Albion boy, you will have to accept your favorite Frog’s expertise on UK politics as a proxy…

I think Sunak will do well. He’s smart, young, moderate (for a Tory), already super-rich so neither a whiny leftist nor the type of conservative who wants to please the rich just to become part of the club,
And of course the Labour will have to tone down their rhetoric for fear of looking racist. Which is funny in a way.

A GOP Obama, if you will

Last point: the bar set by Boris and Liz was so low it won’t be that hard to do even slightly better

I think Sunak will do well. He’s smart, young, moderate (for a Tory), already super-rich so neither a whiny leftist nor the type of conservative who wants to please the rich just to become part of the club,
And of course the Labour will have to tone down their rhetoric for fear of looking racist. Which is funny in a way.

A GOP Obama, if you will

Although I've done just perfunctory research on the guy and watched a few news clips, I get the same sense. He seems bright, impeccable resume and then, of course, the Obama Factor where if anyone doubts or criticizes him you can always call it racist. I just get a funny feeling about him, same as with Mayor Pete. We're all about the same age, and I wouldn't trust myself as leader of a nation. And then he's polished, but maybe just a little too polished. That's one of the first hints of a sociopath...although in politics that's pretty much everyone.

Either way, the Brits have it easy compared to the fucking dumpster fire that's coming in 2024. If Trump gets convicted of inciting the insurrection then he'll be banned from running for POTUS, and now you've got not only Douchebag Ron Desantis waiting in the wings, but Tulsi Fucking Gabbard all but assured to switch to GOP and she's already busy on Twitter courting all the alt-right, Qanon whackjobs to her phony cause (and I called this one two years ago). I suspect Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger may be planning a GOP ticket together, but I don't trust that either of them has a strong enough personality and stage presence to win the nomination. My dream candidate, as an establishment GOP operative, has always been Condi Rice...but she's way too fucking smart to ruin her legacy stepping into this shit-show.

I just feel sorry for Sunak, now being in a position where he'll be forced to communicate regularly with Joe Biden. Last I heard from some friends in DC, Joe is actually getting lost and wandering away from the West Wing and into the more public areas of the WH, and junior staffers and interns, stunned at seeing the actual POTUS tottering around their cubicles, are having to assist in coaxing him into going back to the secure area. His Secret Service detail must be loving this. And they don't actually have to talk to him, like Sunak now has to. Sucks, sucks, sucks to be him.

Reactions: requiemmorrow
Whether or not a person agreed with his politics, Obama always brought a full plate to the table. This new PM however can only offer a スナック…

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Either way, the Brits have it easy compared to the fucking dumpster fire that's coming in 2024. If Trump gets convicted of inciting the insurrection then he'll be banned from running for POTUS, and now you've got not only Douchebag Ron Desantis waiting in the wings, but Tulsi Fucking Gabbard all but assured to switch to GOP and she's already busy on Twitter courting all the alt-right, Qanon whackjobs to her phony cause (and I called this one two years ago). I suspect Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger may be planning a GOP ticket together, but I don't trust that either of them has a strong enough personality and stage presence to win the nomination. My dream candidate, as an establishment GOP operative, has always been Condi Rice...but she's way too fucking smart to ruin her legacy stepping into this shit-show.
Like I understand this sentiment now more than ever living abroad, but I just don't see how we have to get stuck on all of these douchebags.
Call me altruistic, but it's the 21st fucking century...how do we expect to get to a real Space Age if we keep buying into shit politicians?

Maybe the Kirkland Liquor swilling, Osaka-trashtalking Keihan needs to run for prez. I would love to see you debate some of these shills using the sarcasm you display here.

Reactions: Cinnabums
Sunak is absolutely not a good thing for the UK. He is a billionaire for a start. He's an actual moron is another thing. Another other thing is that because of the absolute farce of Johnson and Truss, he will be painted as some sort of stabilising force who will restore Britannia to its rightful place as leader of the waves so the turkeys who have spent the last decade voting for Christmas will fall back into line after spending the last few months squawking. That will allow him and his shithouse cabinet (which stars such paradigmatic nonentities as suella braverman) to continue imposing austerity on poor people while extending lucrative handouts to his rich mates so that they can absolutely fuck the country over so a tiny minority of overprivileged shitheads and thick twat poshos can get rich.

On the upside he doesn't seem quite as rabidly determined to fuck the environment as some of his predecessors. Every cloud has a silver lining!

Reactions: hrbb