The Next US President is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whats he doing now
He got out of prison in 2014, he would have been 63 and completely broke unless he had holdings stashed offshore.

He hasn't been in the media since AFAIK.

Reactions: John Chavers
If NOVA was war then (to all who remember NOVA lingo) the ATs were Taliban informants, the Ts were Taliban commanders, the area manager was Al Qaida, Lunders was Al-Zawhari and Monkey-Bridge was Osama's retarded, homosexual son. And I simultaneously earned a Dishonorable Discharge and a Bronze Star in 2005.
Glad I can't understand NOVA Lingo........I've had pos jobs but never that low from what I've heard :p

If you made the cut you even got to take a group photo with him.

Oh shit, the ‘manager’ (a 25 year old girl working 70 hour weeks) of my branch back in 2003 showed me a photo of her, a couple other hot staff and Mr MonkeyBridge. Fuck, now im assuming she had to suck him off or something to get that. I feel bad.

i mostly enjoyed my time at nova, i banged a few staff (altho not the aforementioned manager), a couple of students and a couple of australian teachers who taught me a thing or two.

the people complaining about working conditions etc were all just a bit odd. Nova was literally the bottom rung of the career ladder. If you were anything other than a new grad and left after a year or so, you were probably beyond help.

It seems like he was making new friends…
Gangster trio held for confining ex-Nova president in hotel room.
https://japantoday.com/category/cri...nfining-ex-nova-president-in-tokyo-hotel-room

ah ah. Looks like its not only with his former staff, clients and the Justice system that he had accounts to settle …

The rumour back in the day was he got the money to start Nova from the Yamaguchi-gumi, in return for a cut of future earnings.

The management of Nova Mark II ran into some difficulty with the misplaced pinkie squad too.

Another tidbit that I had forgotten about Nova Mark I was that they were the originators of the 29.5 hour work week dodge that eikaiwa operations used to avoid paying into shakai hoken before the legal reforms.

Now eikaiwas just illegally hire teachers as independent contractors, which strips them of any labour law protections whatsoever.

Reactions: impish
It was always a kind of open secret that Saruhashi had relations with the yaks, but it's been so many years that I can't remember the rumor specifics. From what I do recall, it had something to do with a yak loan company (was it "NOLOAN"?), and why you'd always see one of those loan company offices in the same building or right next door to the larger NOVA branches, at least in Osaka. I think the deal was something along the lines of a) yaks help Saruhashi get the prime ekimae location, and then b) Saruhashi uses their loan company exclusively for all the overpriced financed lessons packages. I'm not surprised he bit off more than he could chew with the yaks, most likely promised them the moon and then tried to default and run. He was just an egomaniacal, sociopathic prick with a horribly flawed concept of a business model: 110% expansion and promotion, 0% building equity or long-term investment. It was only a matter of time before NOVA collapsed.

But at least I can admit to being wickedly jealous when they finally raided his Namba HQ and found his pleasure lair. Not sure if anyone ever saw the "class photos" he would take with groups of his new female staff hires, but they were truly shameless. One of the staff girls (who also used to work DH for fun) who I'm actually still friends with today once told me that MonkeyBridge would personally pick out the hottest hires and "audition" them on his rotating circular bed, and if they played ball they got cushy gigs working as his personal assistants up on the top floor. Even if it only lasted about a decade, that shit must've felt like heaven on earth.

He was just an egomaniacal, sociopathic prick with a horribly flawed concept of a business model: 110% expansion and promotion, 0% building equity or long-term investment. It was only a matter of time before NOVA collapsed.
Sounds perfectly qualified to be President of the US. Over qualified in fact.

Lame attempt to get the thread back on topic!!

Reactions: icchau and Frenchy
Sounds perfectly qualified to be President of the US. Over qualified in fact.

Lame attempt to get the thread back on topic!!

You're absolutely right. To help get us back on track here, I quote our esteemed 44th President of the United States:

251170d744318bae20afa108b44d07723760d5442d74c5235f9b9ba94dcf51f3_1.jpg

As a tax payer one of the things that really frustrates me about any of our military actions is the amount of equipment we leave behind. We left so much gear for the Afgan military that is now in the hands of the Taliban. Guns, transport, ammo etc... Now the Taliban has the full financial support of the US taxpayer for the time being...

Reactions: SugoiBoy
As a tax payer one of the things that really frustrates me about any of our military actions is the amount of equipment we leave behind. We left so much gear for the Afgan military that is now in the hands of the Taliban. Guns, transport, ammo etc... Now the Taliban has the full financial support of the US taxpayer for the time being...

true and its not even XMas yet!

Reactions: SugoiBoy
Reactions: impish and SugoiBoy

If that bothers you, imagine what it felt like being a U.S. servicemember traversing the skies over Afghanistan in a military transport helicopter, knowing that the RPG that might take you out was originally a gift to the Taliban from the United States Congress.

If you think about it, the only enemy we ever took on, defeated and then rebuilt in a manner that is still 100% friendly (subservient) and beneficial (beholden) to the U.S. is Japan. That's why I'm a extremist anti-interventionist of the Ron Paul flavor. I'm tired of us always being expected to serve as the global nanny force. If there's not a significant financial reward for the U.S. to send troops, there's zero reason to be there and we should stay out of it. But if there's an enemy so horrible and dangerous to the U.S. that military action is truly justified, use our superior weaponry to wipe those assholes off the fucking map completely, so that my kids and their kids and their kids don't have to keep going back again to clean up. I missed enlistment age by a few years for Iraq Round One and was a cunt hair away from ending up in Round Two (thank you, NOVA Corporation). I'm just glad I'll be too old for Round Three.

If that bothers you, imagine what it felt like being a U.S. servicemember traversing the skies over Afghanistan in a military transport helicopter, knowing that the RPG that might take you out was originally a gift to the Taliban from the United States Congress.

If you think about it, the only enemy we ever took on, defeated and then rebuilt in a manner that is still 100% friendly (subservient) and beneficial (beholden) to the U.S. is Japan. That's why I'm a extremist anti-interventionist of the Ron Paul flavor. I'm tired of us always being expected to serve as the global nanny force. If there's not a significant financial reward for the U.S. to send troops, there's zero reason to be there and we should stay out of it. But if there's an enemy so horrible and dangerous to the U.S. that military action is truly justified, use our superior weaponry to wipe those assholes off the fucking map completely, so that my kids and their kids and their kids don't have to keep going back again to clean up. I missed enlistment age by a few years for Iraq Round One and was a cunt hair away from ending up in Round Two (thank you, NOVA Corporation). I'm just glad I'll be too old for Round Three.

What about Germany and Italy?

But if there's an enemy so horrible and dangerous to the U.S. that military action is truly justified, use our superior weaponry to wipe those assholes off the fucking map completely, so that my kids and their kids and their kids don't have to keep going back again to clean up.
So you support mask mandates then?

Hornets nest .... Open!!

Reactions: just4fun and Keihan
What about Germany and Italy?

If the U.S. had decided to drop a couple of A-bombs on Berlin and Rome, I highly doubt that just a generation later you'd see German and Italian kids running around wearing U.S. flags on their clothing, singing (or trying to) American pop songs and dreaming of visiting NYC so they could take the obligatory, retarded peace-sign selfie in front of the Statue of Liberty. Japan was our only true success story.

Hornets nest .... Open!!

No hornet's nest from me. Absolutely. I don't just support mask mandates, I happily do my part to enforce them. Around here it's state law by emergency order of the governor and you can receive a criminal citation for failing to wear a mask any any indoor public setting. That includes a lot of the areas I oversee for work. Anti-maskers show up (and most of the time it's maskless, shirtless asshole tourists from Florida or some other shithole red state), they're met by police. I make sure it's all caught on surveillance camera, laughing the whole time, then send my staff down to meet the police and issue criminal trespass citations so I can have them arrested if they ever come back.

More than that, I'm all about VACCINE MANDATES now. I want every fucking anti-vaxxer excluded from as much of society and private business as possible. The courts have already ruled that private businesses can likely force employees to get vaccinated, but I'm a big fan of going much further than that. I want to see vaccination requirements to board a commercial airplane; enter any indoor private business, gym, facility, etc.; I want vaccine requirements for all staff and students at any public educational institution and for all state, city and municipal employees; I want private insurance companies to be able to raise rates or cancel coverage for anti-vaxxers; and I want hospitals to give preferential treatment and space to immunized COVID patients who still happen to get sick over any anti-vaxxer.

And the best part is, I'm probably close to getting my way. News outlets today are reporting that the FDA is going to issue full approval for the Pfizer vaccine on Monday morning, meaning it will be absolutely and outright legal to enact sweeping vaccine mandates for pretty much all of society in the U.S. It's going to be hilarious, because the primary anti-vaxxer argument for refusing to get vaccinated (other than "this is a fake pandemic," or "it's just the flu with 99.9999999999% survival rate" or, my favorite, that Bill Gates is putting microchips in the Pfizer vaccine) is that the vaccines are "experimental."

Not anymore. I was actually just discussing this with my boss, because we're preparing to enact a zero-tolerance vaccination mandate for all our employees beginning Tuesday. Get vaccinated, or fuck off and find a job elsewhere.

Hornets nest .... Open!!

I do. If a little piece of cloth can help in any way then yes. People bitching and moaning about wearing a piece of cloth being mandated, should just strip naked if they are against it, cause every piece of clothing you wear is "mandated" I'd like to see you walk around not wearing it....

If it helps in preventing the virus spreading then great. If it doesn't then it just covers most of my ugly face. I win every which way.

I actually enjoy the anonymity of masking, and I think I'll miss it when this mess is finally over. Not that I'm famous, but having a mask (and sunglasses and hat) everywhere in public has allowed me to remain largely unrecognizable, particularly while working, and I happily avoid having to talk to a lot of people I consider unpleasant. I used this Delta surge as an excuse to charge a whole bunch of new PPE to my corporate account, and picked up a new collection of expensive-ass Honeywell professional masks with disposable KN-95-grade inserts, so I can rotate them and have a nice clean mask every day while I prance around town looking like the fucking Predator.

Plus, with the number of Asians around here, I suspect that paranoid people will still be wearing masks to the supermarket, long after the pandemic is declared over by President Nancy Pelosi. There, I kept things on topic again.

Status
Not open for further replies.