The Next US President is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four years ago at exactly the same time , average polls gave only about 2% advance to Clinton . Biden has a better margin now (and more stable than Clinton’s) . Less people expected to vote for independent candidates.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...s/trump-vs-biden-national-polls-2020-vs-2016/

That leaves out some very key factors, namely the nature of independent candidates and undecided voters.

1) Biden's numbers are steadily dropping, Trump's are steadily rising and of Americans polled who identify as already decided, only 5% of that group suggest they may change their minds.

2) If you trust NBC/WSJ's polling this week, 11% of Americans say they're undecided. If true, that's a massive number this close to the election.

3) It's not that there are less people voting for independent candidates. There are no credible independent candidates.

In 2016 there were two very formidable third-party candidates: Jill Stein of the Green Party and Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party, both of whom the Clinton Campaign and DNC spent millions of dollars smearing because they were seen as rising threats to Hillary.

Jill Stein ended up scoring about 1.5-million votes in the November 2016 elections, the vast majority of those being pissed-off Bernie Sanders supporters who were angry at the DNC for fucking Bernie over and rigging the convention.

Gary Johnson ended up with a whopping 4.5-million votes, and while a small number of those were identified as angry Bernie people, and a slightly larger group identified as angry conservatives who didn't consider Trump a true conservative, the vast majority of Johnson votes were from pissed off establishment Republicans (like myself) who were enraged at Trump for hijacking the party and pissing away the election and we weren't going to honor Trump with our votes after handing the election to Hillary. And of course, we ended up wrong on that.

Trump lost the popular vote to Hillary by about 3-million votes. That means, had Johnson not run, or had Trump not pissed off the GOP establishment (or had Trump not been the nominee), the Republican candidate could've very easily beaten Hillary in both the electoral college and the popular vote.

So the two most important questions: Where do those 2016 independent voters go? Where do the current undecided voters go?

In 2016, a little under 140-million Americans cast their votes in the November elections, and all projections are that the 2020 count will be significantly higher. In theory, that means at least 14-million Americans may still be unsure which candidate they'll vote for, and in theory most of them will decide in October. So then the question is, what events are projected to take place in October and do those events positively or negatively affect Trump? And we all know what the main ones are: live debates, possible vaccine approval, SCOTUS nomination process and, most importantly, the left losings its shit over all three and "peaceful activists" now threatening to riot burn down major cities if they don't get their way.

Personally, and I've said it before, I think polls are bullshit, particularly as pertaining to Trump. What we learned after the 2016 elections were over is that--and probably because Trump is such a toxic, divisive subject--a clear number of Americans being asked, "Who are you voting for?" will answer "not decided" or simply decline to answer because they're ashamed to admit that they plan to vote for Trump. How many? That was never determined. But it became clear that you cannot easily poll Trump.

In any event, most of my friends at the RNC are still projecting a Trump defeat. Of course, these are the same friends who assured me of a Trump defeat last time. The difference this time is nobody is betting hard money on it and most of those operatives are also very quietly making January contingency plans should Trump manage to pull off a win again.

Reactions: DireWolf98
That leaves out some very key factors, namely the nature of independent candidates and undecided voters.

1) Biden's numbers are steadily dropping, Trump's are steadily rising and of Americans polled who identify as already decided, only 5% of that group suggest they may change their minds.

2) If you trust NBC/WSJ's polling this week, 11% of Americans say they're undecided. If true, that's a massive number this close to the election.

3) It's not that there are less people voting for independent candidates. There are no credible independent candidates.

In 2016 there were two very formidable third-party candidates: Jill Stein of the Green Party and Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party, both of whom the Clinton Campaign and DNC spent millions of dollars smearing because they were seen as rising threats to Hillary.

Jill Stein ended up scoring about 1.5-million votes in the November 2016 elections, the vast majority of those being pissed-off Bernie Sanders supporters who were angry at the DNC for fucking Bernie over and rigging the convention.

Gary Johnson ended up with a whopping 4.5-million votes, and while a small number of those were identified as angry Bernie people, and a slightly larger group identified as angry conservatives who didn't consider Trump a true conservative, the vast majority of Johnson votes were from pissed off establishment Republicans (like myself) who were enraged at Trump for hijacking the party and pissing away the election and we weren't going to honor Trump with our votes after handing the election to Hillary. And of course, we ended up wrong on that.

Trump lost the popular vote to Hillary by about 3-million votes. That means, had Johnson not run, or had Trump not pissed off the GOP establishment (or had Trump not been the nominee), the Republican candidate could've very easily beaten Hillary in both the electoral college and the popular vote.

So the two most important questions: Where do those 2016 independent voters go? Where do the current undecided voters go?

In 2016, a little under 140-million Americans cast their votes in the November elections, and all projections are that the 2020 count will be significantly higher. In theory, that means at least 14-million Americans may still be unsure which candidate they'll vote for, and in theory most of them will decide in October. So then the question is, what events are projected to take place in October and do those events positively or negatively affect Trump? And we all know what the main ones are: live debates, possible vaccine approval, SCOTUS nomination process and, most importantly, the left losings its shit over all three and "peaceful activists" now threatening to riot burn down major cities if they don't get their way.

Personally, and I've said it before, I think polls are bullshit, particularly as pertaining to Trump. What we learned after the 2016 elections were over is that--and probably because Trump is such a toxic, divisive subject--a clear number of Americans being asked, "Who are you voting for?" will answer "not decided" or simply decline to answer because they're ashamed to admit that they plan to vote for Trump. How many? That was never determined. But it became clear that you cannot easily poll Trump.

In any event, most of my friends at the RNC are still projecting a Trump defeat. Of course, these are the same friends who assured me of a Trump defeat last time. The difference this time is nobody is betting hard money on it and most of those operatives are also very quietly making January contingency plans should Trump manage to pull off a win again.

maybe, who knows
i’m quite sure there are also people who say publicly they will vote Trump but won’t actually do it. Just to avoid conflicts with their church, friends, spouses, whatever

I was just calling out your BS again
(«But four years ago, those same pollsters had Hillary beating him by 6-8% » —> not true, in September 2016)
At which point will you start to show evidence of what you assert, to increase your credibility ?

Reactions: just4fun
At which point will you start to show evidence of what you assert, to increase your credibility ?
Let me take a wild guess and say................drum roll please...............never.

Reactions: Frenchy
I was just calling out your BS again
(«But four years ago, those same pollsters had Hillary beating him by 6-8% » —> not true, in September 2016)

OK, you're pointing to an RCP "picture-in-time" diagram of today's (not election day's) across-the-board polling and accusing me of trying to mislead people? I know you, for whatever reason, seem to be very emotionally-invested in a silly foreign election that doesn't even really concern you but it is coming off as quite petty.

RCP uses a general collection of many multiple polls to paint a general picture. The 6-8% number I quoted isn't something I came up with on my own. It's simply the number (along with "Clinton has 98% chance of winning" from CNN) I was hearing being quoted throughout election night in 2016 (not on September 20th) while I was sitting in the situation rooms of one of the main networks here in town awaiting poll results from a different, local race I was managing and was far more interested in. Was I wrong? OBVIOUSLY, I was. Could it have been 5%? Or 4%? Or 1.4455344675454%? Possibly. I don't honestly remember and at the time really didn't care. And it obviously didn't matter much, did it? Here, I'll make it easier for you.

1) ALL POLLS SHOWED CLINTON WINNING.

2) CLINTON LOST.

There, that should be easier for you to "fact check." You won't even need Google.

I wanted to make sure you looked good in front of the other TDS patients here and your "prediction" came true, so here you go...and this is from The Huffington Post, the premier Trump-hating news organization in America, and included a compiled list of almost every poll taken in the last two weeks before the 2016 elections.

Title:
The Polls — All Of Them — Show Hillary Clinton Leading
Which means Donald Trump is losing.
10/26/2016

"An AP-GFK poll shows Clinton leading by an astonishing 14 points, 51 percent to Trump’s 37 percent, in a four-way race. In a two-way heat, Clinton’s lead narrows to 13 points.
A new Fox News poll finds Clinton ahead by a much smaller margin ― just 3 points ahead in a four-way race, 44 percent to 41 percent. She also leads by 3 points head to head with Trump
Other recent polls show Clinton with a lead ranging from 2 points to 12 points."

Poll
Trump
Clinton
Other
Undecided
Spread

Bloomberg/Selzer
Nov 4 – Nov 6, 2016
799 Likely Voters
43 46 5 6 Clinton +3

Ipsos/Reuters
Nov 2 – Nov 6, 2016
2,195 Likely Voters
39 44 9 8 Clinton +5

CBS/Times
Nov 2 – Nov 6, 2016
1,426 Likely Voters
43 47 5 5 Clinton +4

UPI/CVOTER
Oct 31 – Nov 6, 2016
1,625 Likely Voters
46 49 5 Clinton +3

NBC/SurveyMonkey
Oct 31 – Nov 6, 2016
70,194 Likely Voters
44 51 5 Clinton +7

McClatchy/Marist
Nov 1 – Nov 3, 2016
940 Likely Voters
44 46 8 2 Clinton +2

CBS/Times
Oct 28 – Nov 1, 2016
1,333 Likely Voters
44 47 5 5 Clinton +3

Gravis Marketing/OANN
Oct 31 – Oct 31, 2016
5,360 Registered Voters
50 50

Politico/Morning Consult
Oct 29 – Oct 30, 2016
1,772 Likely Voters
43 46 11 Clinton +3

Politico/Morning Consult
Oct 27 – Oct 30, 2016
1,249 Likely Voters
47 52 1 Clinton +5

UPI/CVOTER
Oct 24 – Oct 30, 2016
1,299 Likely Voters
48 49 3 Clinton +1

NBC/SurveyMonkey
Oct 24 – Oct 30, 2016
40,816 Likely Voters
44 51 5 Clinton +7

Suffolk/USA Today
Oct 20 – Oct 24, 2016
1,000 Likely Voters
39 49 12 Clinton +10

Ipsos/Reuters
Oct 20 – Oct 24, 2016
1,170 Likely Voters
37 43 10 10 Clinton +6

NBC/SurveyMonkey
Oct 17 – Oct 23, 2016
32,225 Likely Voters
44 50 5 Clinton +6

UPI/CVOTER
Oct 17 – Oct 23, 2016
1,414 Likely Voters
46 50 4 Clinton +4

Politico/Morning Consult
Oct 19 – Oct 20, 2016
1,395 Likely Voters
40 46 16 Clinton +6

ARG
Oct 17 – Oct 20, 2016
1,006 Likely Voters
42 49 5 4 Clinton +7

Bloomberg/Selzer
Oct 14 – Oct 17, 2016
1,006 Likely Voters
41 50 4 5 Clinton +9

Ipsos/Reuters
Oct 13 – Oct 17, 2016
1,190 Likely Voters
39 43 8 10 Clinton +4

CBS
Oct 12 – Oct 16, 2016
1,189 Likely Voters
40 51 5 5 Clinton +11

NBC/SurveyMonkey
Oct 10 – Oct 16, 2016
24,804 Likely Voters
43 51 6 Clinton +8

That's kinda why I avoid name-calling ("BS"), especially if it's dealing with a subject you're not particularly well-versed in. But look on the bright side, you and FOX NEWS are quoting the same numbers!!

Last edited:
I wanted to make sure you looked good in front of the other TDS patients here and your "prediction" came true, so here you go...and this is from The Huffington Post, the premier Trump-hating news organization in America, and included a compiled list of almost every poll taken in the last two weeks before the 2016 elections.

Title:
The Polls — All Of Them — Show Hillary Clinton Leading
Which means Donald Trump is losing.
10/26/2016

"An AP-GFK poll shows Clinton leading by an astonishing 14 points, 51 percent to Trump’s 37 percent, in a four-way race. In a two-way heat, Clinton’s lead narrows to 13 points.
A new Fox News poll finds Clinton ahead by a much smaller margin ― just 3 points ahead in a four-way race, 44 percent to 41 percent. She also leads by 3 points head to head with Trump
Other recent polls show Clinton with a lead ranging from 2 points to 12 points."

Poll
Trump
Clinton
Other
Undecided
Spread

Bloomberg/Selzer
Nov 4 – Nov 6, 2016
799 Likely Voters
43 46 5 6 Clinton +3

Ipsos/Reuters
Nov 2 – Nov 6, 2016
2,195 Likely Voters
39 44 9 8 Clinton +5

CBS/Times
Nov 2 – Nov 6, 2016
1,426 Likely Voters
43 47 5 5 Clinton +4

UPI/CVOTER
Oct 31 – Nov 6, 2016
1,625 Likely Voters
46 49 5 Clinton +3

NBC/SurveyMonkey
Oct 31 – Nov 6, 2016
70,194 Likely Voters
44 51 5 Clinton +7

McClatchy/Marist
Nov 1 – Nov 3, 2016
940 Likely Voters
44 46 8 2 Clinton +2

CBS/Times
Oct 28 – Nov 1, 2016
1,333 Likely Voters
44 47 5 5 Clinton +3

Gravis Marketing/OANN
Oct 31 – Oct 31, 2016
5,360 Registered Voters
50 50

Politico/Morning Consult
Oct 29 – Oct 30, 2016
1,772 Likely Voters
43 46 11 Clinton +3

Politico/Morning Consult
Oct 27 – Oct 30, 2016
1,249 Likely Voters
47 52 1 Clinton +5

UPI/CVOTER
Oct 24 – Oct 30, 2016
1,299 Likely Voters
48 49 3 Clinton +1

NBC/SurveyMonkey
Oct 24 – Oct 30, 2016
40,816 Likely Voters
44 51 5 Clinton +7

Suffolk/USA Today
Oct 20 – Oct 24, 2016
1,000 Likely Voters
39 49 12 Clinton +10

Ipsos/Reuters
Oct 20 – Oct 24, 2016
1,170 Likely Voters
37 43 10 10 Clinton +6

NBC/SurveyMonkey
Oct 17 – Oct 23, 2016
32,225 Likely Voters
44 50 5 Clinton +6

UPI/CVOTER
Oct 17 – Oct 23, 2016
1,414 Likely Voters
46 50 4 Clinton +4

Politico/Morning Consult
Oct 19 – Oct 20, 2016
1,395 Likely Voters
40 46 16 Clinton +6

ARG
Oct 17 – Oct 20, 2016
1,006 Likely Voters
42 49 5 4 Clinton +7

Bloomberg/Selzer
Oct 14 – Oct 17, 2016
1,006 Likely Voters
41 50 4 5 Clinton +9

Ipsos/Reuters
Oct 13 – Oct 17, 2016
1,190 Likely Voters
39 43 8 10 Clinton +4

CBS
Oct 12 – Oct 16, 2016
1,189 Likely Voters
40 51 5 5 Clinton +11

NBC/SurveyMonkey
Oct 10 – Oct 16, 2016
24,804 Likely Voters
43 51 6 Clinton +8

That's kinda why I avoid name-calling ("BS"), especially if it's dealing with a subject you're not particularly well-versed in. But look on the bright side, you and FOX NEWS are quoting the same numbers!!

good! Finally some hard data and admission of BS (its not you whom I name-call, it’s your BS , darling)

look , the election will be what it will be

Its you who seem to have a rather unhealthy and emotional attachment to speak about it at length on a forum dedicated to
1. P4P
2. In Japan
3. Where non-Americans are present (and probably even the majority)

i don’t want to see some mini-Rush Limbaugh BS here thats all . Or rather mini-Rick Hamada. Yeah, I know people in Hawaii too

Reactions: just4fun
Its you who seem to have a rather unhealthy and emotional attachment to speak about it at length

I would be careful if I was you as someone might get interested enough to count the posts in this thread to figure out who has written the most. :p

I would be careful if I was you as someone might get interested enough to count the posts in this thread to figure out who has written the most. :p
That should be word count, not post count. :)

Lol! Yeah, do it ! :)
I would probably not have bothered if there wasn’t a mountain of BS to be replied to . Its my kink, shovelling loads of BS out. I just love it

(* and yes truth be told when someone piss me off I don’t turn the other cheek . Remember our friends the wizard, Alice, TJB, 18cm guy forgot his nickname sorry?...)

That should be word count, not post count. :)

You are right, but I still stand by my advice to Frenchy even with that. :D

good! Finally some hard data and admission of BS (its not you whom I name-call, it’s your BS , darling)

look , the election will be what it will be

Its you who seem to have a rather unhealthy and emotional attachment to speak about it at length on a forum dedicated to
1. P4P
2. In Japan
3. Where non-Americans are present (and probably even the majority)

i don’t want to see some mini-Rush Limbaugh BS here thats all . Or rather mini-Rick Hamada. Yeah, I know people in Hawaii too

Guess you didn't even bother reading the data that debunked your claims about my "BS," again.

And I wouldn't call it emotional to be:

1) Posting predictions about the presidential elections, in

2) a thread titled, "THE NEXT U.S. PRESIDENT IS...,"

3) as an American who worked in the 2016 campaigns.

Some might call that "constructive feedback." I call it killing time before dinner.

And I actually know Rick (professionally, not personally). I might even still have his cell contact. He's a fucking asshole. And if you really knew Hawaii, you'd know how poorly regarded he is and how insignificant he's been for the past four or five years. I don't know, don't like and have never met Rush Limbaugh. I'm a fan of Michael Medved. If I relocate back to Seattle in 2021 (or possibly D.C.), I'm hoping to attend one of his events.

And it's not that you don't want a Limbaugh or Hamada around here. You don't want hear anything that suggests Trump might win re-election, because that obviously upsets you. In all seriousness, no idea if it's legal in Japan but if so you might try experimenting with CBD oil and Ashwagandha supplements. I've heard it works wonders in reducing stress levels and inducing calm, and less side effects than alcohol use.

In all seriousness, no idea if it's legal in Japan but if so you might try experimenting with CBD oil and Ashwagandha supplements. I've heard it works wonders in reducing stress levels and inducing calm, and less side effects than alcohol use.

Given the tone of your replies, looks like you need this advice more than me buddy! but hey my promise to buy you a cigar and drink together if His Trumpian Majesty wins still holds.

I know Hamada is poorly regarded, that was kind of my point , but forget it , not important

Reactions: Keihan
Given the tone of your replies, looks like you need this advice more than me buddy! but hey my promise to buy you a cigar and drink together if His Trumpian Majesty wins still holds.

I know Hamada is poorly regarded, that was kind of my point , but forget it , not important

I didn't say it was just for you. I was already taking Ashwagandha, with my vodka. It gave me 1995-esque hard-ons in the morning. I stopped taking it because it gave the other half the wrong idea, and I'm trying to start jogging in the morning again. I wanted to try CBD but it might fuck up a urinalysis test I might have to take for the next job. I love sedating myself.

If Trump wins, my job prospects in D.C. are fucked and I'm stuck here for another year, at least. I told you, I'm voting for him out of entertainment--I didn't say it's good for my career. If Biden wins, however, and I get dragged back to D.C., as a concession prize I'll have my hottest, dumbest intern give you a Capitol tour if you ever make it to Washington.

I didn't say it was just for you. I was already taking Ashwagandha, with my vodka. It gave me 1995-esque hard-ons in the morning. I stopped taking it because it gave the other half the wrong idea, and I'm trying to start jogging in the morning again. I wanted to try CBD but it might fuck up a urinalysis test I might have to take for the next job. I love sedating myself.

If Trump wins, my job prospects in D.C. are fucked and I'm stuck here for another year, at least. I told you, I'm voting for him out of entertainment--I didn't say it's good for my career. If Biden wins, however, and I get dragged back to D.C., as a concession prize I'll have my hottest, dumbest intern give you a Capitol tour if you ever make it to Washington.

aah thanks, now we talk
Last time I went there I just had a robot-like limo driver / minder/ spy / who seemed to find it horrific that I wanted to go out for a drink at 1:00 am (jet lags, I suck at them). So he drove me grumbling to Dupont Circle if I remember well. Not much fun

aah thanks, now we talk
Last time I went there I just had a robot-like limo driver / minder/ spy / who seemed to find it horrific that I wanted to go out for a drink at 1:00 am (jet lags, I suck at them). So he drove me grumbling to Dupont Circle if I remember well. Not much fun

Yeah, Dupont Circle is where all the rich assholes buy condos and rowhouses. Nice to live, but not much fun to be had. To be honest, the Capitol District sucks to hang out in. The only decent bars are around Union Station, and even then, they're full of 23yo hill staffers and the only thing anyone wants to talk about is politics, and not even the fun parts. It's about committee assignment this, sub-committee assignment that, who's chairing this, who's sub-chairing that, budget negotiations this, legislative package that, and everyone goes home around 9pm. You don't want to be out past 10pm in the district.

My first week in D.C., I made the mistake of hitting a bar a couple blocks from the Capitol building at around midnight. I ended sandwiched between two straight-up THUGS who, for whatever reason, started buying me rounds (and "rounds" are this cheap shitty beer called Yuengling and a shot of cheap whiskey). I wasn't sure if they were planning to rob me, rape me or worse, I wasn't armed (D.C. is gun free) and I didn't want to owe them anything, so I gave the bartender enough money to buy them double the rounds back, excused myself to the restroom and then ran the fuck out.

Better to catch the Metro over to river to Arlington. Lots of pretty girls, government contractors, federal agents and spies at the local bars. And a lot safer.

Yeah, Dupont Circle is where all the rich assholes buy condos and rowhouses. Nice to live, but not much fun to be had. To be honest, the Capitol District sucks to hang out in. The only decent bars are around Union Station, and even then, they're full of 23yo hill staffers and the only thing anyone wants to talk about is politics, and not even the fun parts. It's about committee assignment this, sub-committee assignment that, who's chairing this, who's sub-chairing that, budget negotiations this, legislative package that, and everyone goes home around 9pm. You don't want to be out past 10pm in the district.

My first week in D.C., I made the mistake of hitting a bar a couple blocks from the Capitol building at around midnight. I ended sandwiched between two straight-up THUGS who, for whatever reason, started buying me rounds (and "rounds" are this cheap shitty beer called Yuengling and a shot of cheap whiskey). I wasn't sure if they were planning to rob me, rape me or worse, I wasn't armed (D.C. is gun free) and I didn't want to owe them anything, so I gave the bartender enough money to buy them double the rounds back, excused myself to the restroom and then ran the fuck out.

Better to catch the Metro over to river to Arlington. Lots of pretty girls, government contractors, federal agents and spies at the local bars. And a lot safer.

yes, well I’ve been to DC only twice , found the monuments etc beautiful but overall was happy to stay just a few days. This Frenchy loves HNL, NYC and NOLA of course. And Colorado .

I think you’re right. Colbert just proved that absolutely nothing , even the most idiotic and dangerous ideas, could change people’s minds. :ROFLMAO:

Not sure if you folks saw the even more outrageous episodes from Hulu, but I've been a massive fan of Triumph since his early days with Conan and some of the skits they did in 2016 were fucking hilarious. The saddest part is even today I'm pretty sure these weren't staged. These were actual Trump supporters. And it basically lines up with everything my friends from the RNC told me about the type of people showing by the thousands at Trump rallies in the Midwest (listen to the accents on the videos, it's straight Midwest blue collar folks).

Reactions: Frenchy
Not sure if you folks saw the even more outrageous episodes from Hulu, but I've been a massive fan of Triumph since his early days with Conan and some of the skits they did in 2016 were fucking hilarious. The saddest part is even today I'm pretty sure these weren't staged. These were actual Trump supporters. And it basically lines up with everything my friends from the RNC told me about the type of people showing by the thousands at Trump rallies in the Midwest (listen to the accents on the videos, it's straight Midwest blue collar folks).

the Barron one is priceless, thanks :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.