Guest viewing is limited

The Yoshiwara Soapland Resource Thread

For people who know Japanese, if I end up not being interested in the women I'm shown, what's the best way for me to let the tencho know I'm not interested? I don't want to be rude, but I also don't want to settle for someone I don't want. I figure walking out of the shop without a word would be a bad idea haha..
First of all, you can't just turn around and leave once you meet the girl. At best, you would have to travel the flight of stairs or elevator (depending on the shop) to your room then tell her you are not interested. She would probably call the front desk and say that you are ready to go. That is the protocol for all soaplands in yoshiwara.
Now if you decide to leave right away you are not going to get or money back. The best case scenario is that they will let you switch with another girl for an extra fee. All in all, once you point a girl on the card and hand out cash you just have to settle, as it's impossible to ask for a refund. You can try and act up (get all rude and rowdy) then you will have to deal with some yakuzas.
This is why, this forum is goldmine as you can read reviews of shops and the service of the girls even before you step into the shop! I wish I heard of this site 5 years ago, woulda saved me a lot of headaches!!!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
First of all, you can't just turn around and leave once you meet the girl. At best, you would have to travel the flight of stairs or elevator (depending on the shop) to your room then tell her you are not interested. She would probably call the front desk and say that you are ready to go. That is the protocol for all soaplands in yoshiwara.
Now if you decide to leave right away you are not going to get or money back. The best case scenario is that they will let you switch with another girl for an extra fee. All in all, once you point a girl on the card and hand out cash you just have to settle, as it's impossible to ask for a refund. You can try and act up (get all rude and rowdy) then you will have to deal with some yakuzas.
This is why, this forum is goldmine as you can read reviews of shops and the service of the girls even before you step into the shop! I wish I heard of this site 5 years ago, woulda saved me a lot of headaches!!!

I actually meant when looking at the cards, not after paying. I said it in another post, but looking back at the one you replied to I definitely didn't make it as clear as I could've. I actually think asking for something else after choosing and paying for anything is rude regardless of what it is haha.

But yeah, kind of what I said in my other post. After Blue Lagoon shut down I've been kind of scrambling to find a good one for my first time at a Soapland before I go to Tokyo in a few weeks. There's one girl at Cream Lemon who caught my eye, but since there aren't any reviews, and I don't know if she accepts foreigners, I wanted to figure out what to say if I'm not interested in the other girls the tencho might show me. Another member said a simple thank you, and walking out is fine so I'll probably go with that unless someone says otherwise.

I actually meant when looking at the cards, not after paying. I said it in another post, but looking back at the one you replied to I definitely didn't make it as clear as I could've. I actually think asking for something else after choosing and paying for anything is rude regardless of what it is haha.

But yeah, kind of what I said in my other post. After Blue Lagoon shut down I've been kind of scrambling to find a good one for my first time at a Soapland before I go to Tokyo in a few weeks. There's one girl at Cream Lemon who caught my eye, but since there aren't any reviews, and I don't know if she accepts foreigners, I wanted to figure out what to say if I'm not interested in the other girls the tencho might show me. Another member said a simple thank you, and walking out is fine so I'll probably go with that unless someone says otherwise.

I would say something like "ありがとうございました、 わざわざ じかんかけてくれて、かんしゃしてます。 また きます"
But for me personally, once u get a good command of the Japanese language nothing beats reservation over the phone. Not only it saves you time, but when you walk in as a フリー ,they tend to push hard on the girls I'm not interested in. Also I live far away from yoshiwara so just going there and not be able to meet the girl I want will have me upset. Lol. A bit childish of me, but it's how I feel.

Reactions: evlist
Ah ok. Yeah I was thinking more of the first one. Looking back at my post I could've worded it better, sorry. I haven't been to one so I wasn't sure how aggressive they are with pushing their girls if the potential customer doesn't seem that interested looking at the cards. If a polite thanks is all it takes than that works for me.

I've actually been following this thread for a few months, but after Blue Lagoon got shut down I've been kind of scrambling to find a good place for my first time at one without breaking the bank. There was one girl at Cream Lemon who caught my eye, but no one has reviewed her and I'm unsure if she takes foreigners, so worse case she doesn't and I don't like the other choices I wanted to know my best plan of escape.

Thanks for the help!
すみません。お好みがないみたいです。
followed by some bows or something along those lines is what I would use. I'm not sure if you can read or not?

Reactions: evlist and ur19877
I would say something like "ありがとうございました、 わざわざ じかんかけてくれて、かんしゃしてます。 また きます"
But for me personally, once u get a good command of the Japanese language nothing beats reservation over the phone. Not only it saves you time, but when you walk in as a フリー ,they tend to push hard on the girls I'm not interested in. Also I live far away from yoshiwara so just going there and not be able to meet the girl I want will have me upset. Lol. A bit childish of me, but it's how I feel.

Cool, thanks for the help! And I totally get what you mean. If my Japanese was better I'd definitely consider calling instead. I'll probably be a bit upset if the girl I'm interested in isn't available to be honest haha, but I'll live.

すみません。お好みがないみたいです。
followed by some bows or something along those lines is what I would use. I'm not sure if you can read or not?

Thanks! This one's a bit easier to remember haha.

Thanks! This one's a bit easier to remember haha.
haha man, the issue will be to understand them when they will reply!

So I decided to take the leap and go for the big one. Go Big or go home right? This is my second time at a soapland having visited sweet kiss two days prior. I'm just gonna write this for people for need future reference. I'll compare it to the experiences I've had elsewhere as well.

I visited Satin Doll today and the attendants could speak English. Passable English. I was offered Honata, Mimi and Karen as the attendant told me that she was bustier than the rest. I thought why not?

In person, she doesn't look any different. But that's because I've been mongering for some time and automatically remove their makeup mentally. However, it differs from person to person. She of course had the more girl next door look. Overall, she was comfortably an 8. The boobs were a let down as always.

Her skill was not any poorer than the one I had on Tuesday despite her young age. Matplay was fun and enjoyable and service was TOP notch. GFE exceeded beyond my expectations if I were to be honest. BBBJ right from the start and of course covered sex. It's truly the best I've ever had, apart from my usual girl back in my home country.

Overall, it was great but I do feel that I'm overpaying. If it's an aspiration to bang and star in ur own JAV movie, I guess this would be the closest you'll ever get.

Compared to my experiences elsewhere, this was significantly different. Take note that I've been mongering in Thailand, USA, China, Vietnam, Germany Sex Clubs etc. Each was unique. This whole experience itself has to be the most unique one I've ever had in my life. I felt things in places I've never felt before. Maybe my lady was good, but now that I'm reflecting on it, it was money well spent. And the best thing is that you leave the place feeling clean. They are quite focused on keeping the place and experience clean and sterile. But I doubt I wld try Satin Doll again, it really is very expensive. Although I might try darling Harbour before I go back. I do think that this whole soapland thing is one experience that one shldnt leave out. It really does make you feel good even after you leave the place.

Sorry for the verbal vomit!

Ok so I haven't been to Japan in a quite a while and have forgotten how to get to Yoshiwara from Shinjuku. Do I take the Yamanote Line to Ueno then transfer to Minowa? Is that the fastest way by train? I apologize if this has been asked before.

Ok so I haven't been to Japan in a quite a while and have forgotten how to get to Yoshiwara from Shinjuku. Do I take the Yamanote Line to Ueno then transfer to Minowa? Is that the fastest way by train? I apologize if this has been asked before.
Seems Shinjuku-Akihabara-Minowa is the fastest.

Seems Shinjuku-Akihabara-Minowa is the fastest.

Fond Memories...Good Old H19

Couple of Tips for @ShibaKen

1. JR Uguisudani station is the closest JR line station and you could take the Yamanote Line from Shinjuku to this Station, no need to change stations. If you speak Japanese well enough, you could arrange a pickup/drop off at JR Uguisudani. But that's not me so, good luck. Would not want to walk from this station to Yoshiwara.
2. If you are doing some sightseeing, you could plan a spot around the Hibya Line.. so after sightseeing, you can go there. I did this a couple of times, but not purpose.
3. Somewhere on this board/thread, there is a suggestion of which exit you should take at Minowa. Search it and use it. It will save some time. I didn't and got lost in the rain...

Random Ending: As I walked around Tokyo and saw a Hibiya Line Logo, I smiled and wondered "hmm...should I go"..

Since Golden Week is around the corner, would you think it will be harder or relatively easier to get into establishments that were generally conservative against us, gaijins? Big props to OP who made this big list, lmk if you ever visit the HK region.

Reactions: Soapysoap66
Thank you! I might take you up on that offer since I don't know anything about HK.
I'm not 100%, but I suspect many shops will close or have girls take vacation during golden week which will mean less girls to choose from.
Other than that, I don't think there will be much difference in the shops.

Fond Memories...Good Old H19

Couple of Tips for @ShibaKen

1. JR Uguisudani station is the closest JR line station and you could take the Yamanote Line from Shinjuku to this Station, no need to change stations. If you speak Japanese well enough, you could arrange a pickup/drop off at JR Uguisudani. But that's not me so, good luck. Would not want to walk from this station to Yoshiwara.
2. If you are doing some sightseeing, you could plan a spot around the Hibya Line.. so after sightseeing, you can go there. I did this a couple of times, but not purpose.
3. Somewhere on this board/thread, there is a suggestion of which exit you should take at Minowa. Search it and use it. It will save some time. I didn't and got lost in the rain...

Random Ending: As I walked around Tokyo and saw a Hibiya Line Logo, I smiled and wondered "hmm...should I go"..
For people coming to Tokyo and want to stay close to the action, I recommend staying at a hotel in Asakusa.
It's a 10 minute walk to Yoshiwara and quick access to Akihabara via Tsukuba Express Line. Most shops will also have pickup points in Asakusa.

Thank you! I might take you up on that offer since I don't know anything about HK.
I'm not 100%, but I suspect many shops will close or have girls take vacation during golden week which will mean less girls to choose from.
Other than that, I don't think there will be much difference in the shops.

Yeah hit me up with a pm :). I am mostly active on other forums focused to that market so thats why my account here looks like im a lurker.

Thanks for letting me know, guess i have to do some more research.

Optimal time for me is noon-ish Monday to Saturday. Maximum attention, choices and just all around liveliness.
Thanks for mentioning that Lonegaijin. I've been trying to figure out the best time to go storming the Soapland storefronts. I'll see what just by dropping by some places does for me. Here's hoping for good luck!

I hadn't thought of this until now, but could I be turned away for the way I dress? I don't dress poorly, but I might stand out a bit. I normally wear vans, slim/skinny fit jeans, and a t-shirt. Also my hair is bleached. I'm hoping they like money more than they care about my appearance, but you can never be sure. I also look kind of young which I'm not sure is an issue. Like I'm closing in on my mid-20s, but people also often think I'm 19. Thanks for any help in advance!

I hadn't thought of this until now, but could I be turned away for the way I dress? I don't dress poorly, but I might stand out a bit. I normally wear vans, slim/skinny fit jeans, and a t-shirt. Also my hair is bleached. I'm hoping they like money more than they care about my appearance, but you can never be sure. I also look kind of young which I'm not sure is an issue. Like I'm closing in on my mid-20s, but people also often think I'm 19. Thanks for any help in advance!

You should be fine.

Reactions: evlist
I guess dressing nicely will make a good impression and hopefully give you a better chance to get in the door.

Has anyone been to Tiara? The girls look good and there seems to be good reviews about the place. Same with Oushitu, but I really like the girl list at Tiara. Gotta try the high end soaps once and compare the difference with the standard shops.

I do know some places, especially in Tobita, will "grudgingly" let you in if you're dressed smartly. Guys in suits get more "douzo's" there for sure.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I do know some places, especially in Tobita, will "grudgingly" let you in if you're dressed smartly. Guys in suits get more "douzo's" there for sure.
I lived in Osaka area and Tobita is foreign friendly for the most part. I always had mamasans calling out to me and AV quality girls waving to me. of course I did dress casually and not look like a slob, so I think dressing decently is a good thing.