What album had the most impact on you as a teenager?

Haha! Nope!

I am an ardent classical music lover; especially post-romantic period and onward. My desire to empty semen into women’s faces would be accompanied by the William Tell Overture if you needed an mental image.

My favorites are as follows:
  1. Benjamin Britten
  2. Ralph Vaughan Williams
  3. Alfredo Cassella
  4. Amy Beach
  5. Eric Whitacre
I also love Yoko Kanno, Tohru Takemitsu, Ikuma Dan, and Ryuichi Sakamoto, but there’s a whole other dimension there for me with not quite as much influence in my teenage years as Rutter choruses.
William Tell. Haven’t heard that name in a decade.

You misspelled “The Lone Ranger Theme Song”.

Yeah! That’s the correct title! I knew that there was something wrong about that. William Tell is the wife of some influencer. Sudsy, you are the man! I’ll buy you a beer if you can convince Frenchy to buy the wine and Just4Fun to buy the champagne and MikeH to bring the pros (minus the p and r. add h).

Reactions: Sudsy
Okay, since I’ve had a few IPAs, I can say that another album that influenced me as a teen was Pearl Jam! Vitalogy!

@Sudsy's selection reminded me about the first record I was listening by myself. Must have been like 11. From here the transition to punk was obvious.

@Sudsy's selection reminded me about the first record I was listening by myself. Must have been like 11. From here the transition to punk was obvious.

I only tried to convert to punk after I encountered a lady punk rocker with a hot body. Or was it because of Punky Brewster. No, it was the hot punk coed that was on campus on Friday nights at this bar. The one time I got passed “don’t look at me”, she took me on a wild ride to the liquor store. I’m lucky to be alive. Failed her “want to die” prerequisite! She went on to actually die by overdose, not by accident. That was the eye candy of my late teens and early 20s.

Reactions: MikeH

Wall of Voodoo would be a great follow-up to this.

Oh first albums….

The first one I bought myself was this:

More meaningfully the first album that I bought that my parents truly hated was:

Reactions: Cinnabums
Just found this thread...

Aerosmith Rocks was my introduction into hard rock, followed by Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti. Still to this day, these two albums are at the top of my favorites list.

Reactions: Cinnabums
Toss up between these two.

Z.jpg

9k=.jpg

Oh first albums….

The first one I bought myself was this:

More meaningfully the first album that I bought that my parents truly hated was:

Sadly I discovered Dead Kennedys later, its a band I always return to.

Seconding Sudsy’s Bad Music for Bad People and DK and then adding

Stiff Little Fingers - Inflammable Material

The Clash - S/T

(UK version is better but w/e)

The Misfits - Walk Among Us

Guitar Wolf - Jet Generation

Took a college roommate who loved both oi punk as well as German power metal to get me to branch out into genres with more than the same three chords...