Guest viewing is limited

What are the good free dating apps as of May 2018?

I'm meeting someone tonight from Tinder as well, nothing sexual, just a nice dinner date.
But hey, what would I know, like you said, I'm just looking to fuck anything right buddy?

Reactions: ShowaJidai
Let me recap: OP doesn't want to pay anything, doesn't want to make any effort, is below average looking (his words not mine) and is complaining noone wants to date him.

Totally fluent in Japanese in my case.
I ghost anybody who dares to talk to me in English (on dating apps).

Narcissistic much? Or just delusional?

hammer.gif~c200

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinapse
Currently trying out bumble, got more matches than tinder, if you pay for tinder plus then I believe tinder is the better option.

Last edited:
Best bet is meet girls through your hobby. Japan has many happy stories of couples meeting a thousand different ways but your best bet at prime real estate, ie you hitting a home run, is through your social network. This is the land where salaryman is rockstar and rockstar is like dog unless they are rich.

So I've created a free account on omiai, no info whatsoever, just posted a picture and I get tons of matches and messages without even browsing other people's profiles—SEEMS much more effective than Tinder or OKC. The thing is, I can't reply or even read the messages unless I pay the 4,800 yens monthly fee (jeez are those apps getting more and more expensive or is it just this one?)
Is it worth it in your experience? Also I'm not sure what I'm getting for this price since some of the girls have a x3, x10 marker attached to the いいね!button. Does that mean you're limited in the number of likes you can send even with a monthly subscription? Does it mean more popular girls are more expensive or something like that?

So I've created a free account on omiai, no info whatsoever, just posted a picture and I get tons of matches and messages without even browsing other people's profiles—SEEMS much more effective than Tinder or OKC. The thing is, I can't reply or even read the messages unless I pay the 4,800 yens monthly fee (jeez are those apps getting more and more expensive or is it just this one?)
Is it worth it in your experience? Also I'm not sure what I'm getting for this price since some of the girls have a x3, x10 marker attached to the いいね!button. Does that mean you're limited in the number of likes you can send even with a monthly subscription? Does it mean more popular girls are more expensive or something like that?
If you’re getting a lot of notifications from an app but cant see them until you pay, there is a good chance they are fake profiles that just try to trick you into buying a membership.

Dating Apps that require payment will always match you with people... Like what @User#8628 states.... They want your money and what better way to get it then to say you have lots of matches and people that want to meet/connect with you. You can try Badoo if you want to see what's out there and stay away from Tinder. Place an ad on Metropolis Classifieds also to see if you get any replies... Otherwise, just try the old fashioned way and try to talk to people in a coffee shop or other place where they gather - just don't appear too desperate or creepy.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Otherwise, just try the old fashioned way and try to talk to people in a coffee shop or other place where they gather - just don't appear too desperate or creepy.

I'd do that too.
It's the right timing too since single women want to enjoy the summer with someone.
And since it's warm enough, lot's of them are outside with outfits revealing enough to make good choices on your side.

Bars, Yoga, Shopping Malls, Language Exchange / PenPal sites.

Pretty much every japanese woman looking for friendship or language exchange is open for a romantic relationship even if it doesn't say in her profile unless she specifically says otherwise.

Right on. Got laid more than my fair share of times through the old language exchange ads on Japan Guide.

the old language exchange ads on Japan Guide.

That used to be a gold mine.... may well still be, I haven't looked over there in years.

How about a new app.... To be created.... Like DH but.... With Uber Eats delivery... Where as the girl joins with no tencho and prices are 30,000/hr..no Photoshop allowed and girls are DTF cuz they like it and the money is secondary. If only I could code.... :(... Yes I know it sounds like "Big Rock Candy Mountain "...... For those that don't get the reference...
Lyrics :
One evening as the sun went down
And the jungle fire was burning,
Down the track came a hobo hiking,
And he said, "Boys, I'm not turning
I'm headed for a land that's far away
Besides the crystal fountains
So come with me, we'll go and see
The Big Rock Candy Mountains

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains,
There's a land that's fair and bright,
Where the handouts grow on bushes
And you sleep out every night
Where the boxcars all are empty
And the sun shines every day
On the birds and the bees
And the cigarette trees
The lemonade springs
Where the bluebird sings
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains

All the cops have wooden legs
And the bulldogs all have rubber teeth
And the hens lay soft-boiled eggs
The farmers' trees are full of fruit
And the barns are full of hay
Oh I'm bound to go
Where there ain't no snow
Where the rain don't fall
The wind don't blow

You never change your socks
And the little streams of alcohol
Come trickling down the rocks
The brakemen have to tip their hats
And the railroad bulls are blind
There's a lake of stew
And of whiskey, too
You can paddle all around 'em
In a big canoe

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains,
The jails are made of tin
And you can walk right out again,
As soon as you are in
There ain't no short-handled shovels,
No axes, saws or picks,
I'ma goin' to stay
Where you sleep all day,
Where they hung the Turk
That invented work

I'll see you all this coming Fall
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains"

Songwriters: Harry Mcclintock / Sterling Sherwin

If u wanna hear the song..... Google it :D

girls are DTF cuz they like it and the money is secondary. If only I could code....

Coding is a service that is outsourced anyway so don't let that be in a way of your dream.

Then again I seriously suspect the feasibility of your idea. Cute girls who like it are getting as much as they want already now without your app.

Coding is a service that is outsourced anyway so don't let that be in a way of your dream.

Then again I seriously suspect the feasibility of your idea. Cute girls who like it are getting as much as they want already now without your app.
How about some honey grumpy bear... Dash all my dreams... :rolleyes:

Also coding is the easiest part.
Getting your app known and having the right people registering on it is much harder due to the fact that the dating apps market is way oversaturated.

You would need a lot of money to make it downloaded/used.

Reactions: MikeH
Dating Apps that require payment will always match you with people... Like what @User#8628 states.... They want your money and what better way to get it then to say you have lots of matches and people that want to meet/connect with you.

Yes I get that but see that's where I draw the line between scams like Digicafe and OKCupid, Tinder or Japancupid. Whatever you think of the last three, usually there are actual human beings behind profiles so the app itself cannot match you with them unless the users behind the profiles decide to like you. So my question is more about whether Omiai falls into the legit, serious category or the scam one. I don't think all apps are created equal.

I have a lot of success through

Shut down last year. Not sure the reason.

Never used Japan Guide myself, but alot of websites back in the day used the Worldfriends database so it looked like every website had their own language exchange/dating section. Could be Japan Guide used the same but don't quote me on that :D