Guest viewing is limited

What's People's Issues With Pua?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this!
Why DON'T you cold approach?

Because I am shy and don't like to impose on other people. I was really considering of using the line: "Hello can you help me take a picture? I forgot my selfie stick" but even then I backed out. I think I'm overdue for your bootcamp, Sinapse. :)

Because I am shy and don't like to impose on other people. I was really considering of using the line: "Hello can you help me take a picture? I forgot my selfie stick" but even then I backed out. I think I'm overdue for your bootcamp, Sinapse. :)

No courses needed. Simply try "Hello can you help me take a picture?" Just don't do it at the big red lantern in Asakusa, all the pretty kimono girls will be Chinese.

I feel very little - Nay, none whatsoever - shame nor guilt from approaching women in public. If you like you can call me a sociopath and be done with it, but any attempt to instill shame into me isn't really going to work. And perhaps you could tell women to stop banging me as well - though this isn't likely to work well either.

Where did you get the impression that I was trying to influence your behavior? In this thread, I'm trying to address @static 's question, just as I tried to address a question you once raised in a thread about whether street PUA was harassing women (if I recall correctly). I am sorry and, frankly, disappointed to hear that you don't even care that you bother and annoy and occasionally frighten some women you approach. That you might not consider it reason enough to stop is a judgement call which I could accept/respect, a difference in opinion among rational and well-intentioned people, but to say that, if effect, it makes no difference whatsoever to you that you are making life a little more unpleasant for some is pretty sad. Whatever happened to all that spiritual advancement?

Trans people using the bathroom with which they identify also "makes people uncomfortable". As does Muslims being allowed into the US at all. That doesn't mean they shouldn't continue

Abso-fucking-lutely! There are most definitely situations in which making other people uncomfortable/annoyed/irritated is an acceptable price to pay in order to achieve/pursue more important goals. Personally I don't think street PUA is one of them.

-Ww

I suspect if izakaya touts showed up on some forum concerned with marketing to the public and started saying that they had the ultimate and end-all secrets to marketing which anyone could master if only they'd follow their flyer hawking system, they would get a colder reception than PUA/gamers get on adult fun forums! Don't ya think? That sounds ridiculous of course, but fwiiw, all of this stuff about boot camps and escalation ladders and such as a way of meeting and getting to know women sounds no less ridiculous to me.

As always I enjoy conversation with you =P

And that said, it's not like there aren't sales seminars, or more efficient ways of getting people into your clubs/restaurants/bars, etc, etc. Marketing is a lucrative industry :)

Reactions: Wwanderer
Wow! You certainly hit the nail on the head and so succinctly and clearly. I'd go a step further and say that tactics, especially pre-meditated and learned tactics have no place in a real relationship; using them steals away its heart, its essence.
-Ww
Are you saying what you do is not learned?

As always I enjoy conversation with you =P

And that said, it's not like there aren't sales seminars, or more efficient ways of getting people into your clubs/restaurants/bars, etc, etc. Marketing is a lucrative industry :)

Sir Static, perhaps you should change your username to "Dynamic." It suits you better!@;)

For sure, but a difference is that people who give sales seminars are usually good enough at marketing that they do not offend people and draw their ire in their attempts to promote said seminars. Maybe PUA/gamers who sell boot camps should take sales seminars!? :D

-Ww

You are conflating two situations I consider very different, street and club. Afaik VERY few women walk down the street or take trains or go into a Starbucks for the purpose of meeting men. When you approach women in those environments you are imposing your agenda and goals on them. However, in a club or bar, particularly certain types of bars, it is reasonable to suppose that she is there for the purpose of meeting men or at the very least can reasonably expect that men will be approaching her. I do NOT think that men approaching women in the latter type of venue is objectionable at all. I think there are some other reasonable objections to what @Babaram brilliantly described as a "paint-by-numbers approach" in those settings, but here we are mostly discussing the question of bothering/annoying women.

Absolutely there are women, such as @User#8628 (who, btw, is about as accepting and nonjudgmental a person as you could ever hope to meet...a trait even more incredibly attractive than her appearance, imo), who enjoy and appreciate good approaches. Equally absolutely there are those who do not; @User#16452 is the local TAG lady to balance against Alice's views. But we need not restrict ourselves to the hand full of women who are active on TAG threads; I have heard numerous women report their pleasure in being hit on in public places and numerous other women complain about it, sometimes bitterly. There are also surely people who appreciate being handed advertisements in the street and some who happily welcome religious proselytizers into their homes too. But that does not, imo, make it good behavior for such folks to knowingly bother and annoy those who don't like it.

-Ww
I wouldn't judge something as good behavior based only on morals. Even though I can get annoyed by street touts that does not mean I think their behavior is bad and they should not do it. It's still acceptable and within reason. I feel the same about PUA.

Reactions: Wwanderer
Are you saying what you do is not learned?

Depends on what you mean by "learned" I guess. It is definitely not learned in the same way/sense that I learned calculus or to drive a car, say. All of our behaviors are, obviously, a product of some combination of genetics (nature) and experience (nurture), so in that sense it is learned. Your point being?

-Ww

Even though I can get annoyed by street touts that does not mean I think their behavior is bad and they should not do it. It's still acceptable and within reason. I feel the same about PUA.

I basically agree with you. My own judgement is that "what is reasonable" excludes approaching women in situations in which there is no reason to believe that they are seeking male attention or have had any opportunity to be prepared for it. It is the same reason I don't consider door-to-door religious proselytizing "reasonable" behavior. Some forms of PUA (e.g., that involving conscious attempts to manipulate, trick and deceive women) I do not consider acceptable behavior in any venue, but according to our local experts, such behavior is not "real" PUA/gaming...despite what the people advocating it say.

-Ww

Simply try "Hello can you help me take a picture?"

So it's ok to cold approach as long as you have a (fake) excuse?

It's hard to keep track of these mental gymnastics and complicated rules of"acceptable engagement".. Can someone make me a crib sheet of places and techniques which are acceptable and those which aren't?!

Reactions: Solong and static
Hmmmmmmmmmmm........................

Cat_matrix_deja_vu.gif

Can someone make me a crib sheet of places and techniques which are acceptable and those which aren't?!

I know that you are joking, being sarcastic more precisely, but I can't help thinking that the first item on the crib sheet should be to throw away all crib sheets.

-Ww

Depends on what you mean by "learned" I guess. It is definitely not learned in the same way/sense that I learned calculus or to drive a car, say. All of our behaviors are, obviously, a product of some combination of genetics (nature) and experience (nurture), so in that sense it is learned. Your point being?
-Ww
Since you learned, is it not also premeditated? Basically, you are saying no one should have a want. No one should try and improve their chances of success: especially in relationship as you stated. So why did you learn? Its okay for some but not others?

Reactions: Solong
I am calling it a night (here on the US East Coast) with the hope that this thread will have wound down or been locked before I wake up tomorrow! ;)

-Ww

Tip of the hat to your usual quick, clever and helpful comments!

-Ww

It all comes from inspiration of Tokyo Hentai Club.

OK, on the topic of the thread:

Wow, you folks are all so passionate about PUA!

And there's a tad of logic floating around, as well...

Me, I'm not getting near this maelstrom-too busy preparing for the next Big One, with a little help from vitamin V.

ONE LOVE !

Where did you get the impression that I was trying to influence your behavior? In this thread, I'm trying to address @static 's question, just as I tried to address a question you once raised in a thread about whether street PUA was harassing women (if I recall correctly). I am sorry and, frankly, disappointed to hear that you don't even care that you bother and annoy and occasionally frighten some women you approach. That you might not consider it reason enough to stop is a judgement call which I could accept/respect, a difference in opinion among rational and well-intentioned people, but to say that, if effect, it makes no difference whatsoever to you that you are making life a little more unpleasant for some is pretty sad.

You're putting words into my mouth. I said I don't feel guilt nor shame.

I think a great deal of the stress / worry exhibited by those who have no direct experience with pickup would be solved if they simply knew some guys doing pickup, or observed it happen over time. Much like people who don't live next to black people and have horrible stereotypes about them, then point to a series of anecdotal evidence like "black men rob more stores"or something of that sort as a reason to avoid / maintain their prejudice. This even affects women who are catcalled/picked up by whack guys and then lump all pickup in with that

Correcting the prejudice of people who don't have any direct experience here isn't really my responsibility. We've been over this harassment issue a thousand and a half times, and I'm content to let you believe I'm harassing women if that's what you'd like to believe from a distance. I suspect you have reasons for your own sort of proselytizing against nampa but it doesn't really affect those who do it.

I am calling it a night (here on the US East Coast) with the hope that this thread will have wound down or been locked before I wake up tomorrow! ;)

-Ww
Biggest hypocrisy??? Learn my system... Be like me... anything else: wrong... FUNNY.....

"Because of increasing number of nanpa participants and rising complaints, many Japanese regions are reacting more harshly to participants. For example, many youth hangouts such as arcades are posting "No Nanpa" signs, and police in highly populated Japanese cities have been enforcing these rules. This may be in reaction to a growing fear in young Japanese women of abduction or rape. The Shibuya district is particularly strict on nanpa boys in the wake of the abduction of four girls by a middle aged man in July 2003[3]"

Wikipedia

Reactions: roots reggae
Going to close the door now.

Some of you: Just need to accept that things are out of your control (in regards to someone's actions or beliefs) and move on.
Some of you: Need to understand that your methods are not looked upon favorably by all (goes for P4P, PUA groups, equally!)

Status
Not open for further replies.