Guest viewing is limited

Where are the TAG gaijin going to retire?

And retirement bonus from employer.

If my memory serves right I think it was actually a compensation payment for an accident that allowed him to pay the last part of the house.

If my memory serves right I think it was actually a compensation payment for an accident that allowed him to pay the last part of the house.

You may be right. Generally for people who've had a long time with the same company, there's a pretty hefty retirement bonus as well, though. My old boss walked away with 14 million yen after ten years.

It is not common, but if you have the cash, even though mortgage rates are very low, it often makes sense to pay it all of at once because there are really very few yen-based investment opportunities that provide the same kind of return.

It is not common, but if you have the cash, even though mortgage rates are very low, it often makes sense to pay it all of at once because there are really very few yen-based investment opportunities that provide the same kind of return.

It's also nice to have the security of knowing that even if you somehow go broke in a big way, you'll still have a roof over your head.

It's also nice to have the security of knowing that even if you somehow go broke in a big way, you'll still have a roof over your head.
True. But one of the interesting things about Japan home mortgages is they all include a built in life insurance policy. If you die, the remaining mortgage gets paid off.

Reactions: MikeH
True. But one of the interesting things about Japan home mortgages is they all include a built in life insurance policy. If you die, the remaining mortgage gets paid off.
Mine has serious illness cover too (i think strokes, paralysing injuries and terminal cancer) . Some even pay out for a heart attack (which you can make a pretty decent recovery from sometimes)

Mine has serious illness cover too (i think strokes, paralysing injuries and terminal cancer) . Some even pay out for a heart attack (which you can make a pretty decent recovery from sometimes)

Yep, mine does, also for most cancer diagnoses.

Reactions: Cambo
The Netherlands is perfect. It's just Europe getting destroyed by economic migrants and the EU top not willing to do anything against it. Birthrate is declining but those immigrants all have 4 babies. So in 40 years the entire EU will be a shithole. Sweden is already lost. UK got sharia law.. (wtf)

I love Japan but I'm already having problems with the heat.. I doubt my old body in 40 years could survive summer in Japan lol

A small town in northern Thailand that hasn't been discovered by tourists yet.

Reactions: impish
By the time I'm ready to retire I expect the world will have imploded on itself, and we'll probably not be around anymore, or if so the numbers will be far fewer.

Reactions: MikeH
By the time I'm ready to retire I expect the world will have imploded on itself, and we'll probably not be around anymore, or if so the numbers will be far fewer.
Yeah, in this case better to have as much sex as possible beforehand

Reactions: MikeH and impish
Planning for a retirement in an asia pacific country with a fairly low cost of living. Already have a parcel of land there.

Last edited:
Yeah, in this case better to have as much sex as possible beforehand

Then again it's never a bad idea to have as much sex as possible beforehand!

I have enough money now to last me a lifetime. That is if I die before 4AM tomorrow. So basically my retirement plan is to spend it all now and die soon.

Reactions: Frenchy and impish
Then again it's never a bad idea to have as much sex as possible beforehand!

I have enough money now to last me a lifetime. That is if I die before 4AM tomorrow. So basically my retirement plan is to spend it all now and die soon.

That sounds about right...

Unfortunately, Japan also will just be another shithole country in like 20 years.
At least be prepared for this.

The Netherlands is perfect. It's just Europe getting destroyed by economic migrants and the EU top not willing to do anything against it. Birthrate is declining but those immigrants all have 4 babies. So in 40 years the entire EU will be a shithole. Sweden is already lost. UK got sharia law.. (wtf)

I love Japan but I'm already having problems with the heat.. I doubt my old body in 40 years could survive summer in Japan lol

I've never understood what's good about retirering.
Personally, I'll choose to do various jobs/businesses as long as my fitness will allow, and as far away as possible of multicultural environments (if it will ever be posssible in the future).
I might finally end up on Mars with Elon Musk.
Dying on another planet very far from all the asholes from Earth sounds pretty cool to me.

Personally, I'll choose to do various jobs/businesses as long as my fitness will allow, and as far away as possible of multicultural environments (if it will ever be posssible in the future).
Dying on another planet very far from all the asholes from Earth sounds pretty cool to me.
Wrong side of bed?

I like the idea of a multi-cultural society (The restaurant food is more interesting.), but I am very against cultural relativism (the idea that a person's beliefs, values, and practices should be understood based on that person's own culture, rather than be judged against the criteria of another). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_relativism

I have my own absolute criteria that rejects violence, religous dogma, racism and misogyny. There is no understanding these things. They should be rejected. Most of all I insist on my right to do what ever the fuck I want as long as I am not bothering anyone. Keep your theocracy out of my democracy!

I am also never going to retire in any conventional sense. But in a few years, I will be getting off of the corporate rat wheel. I have just about had enough.

I will retire in England because thanks to global warming they will finally have a decent weather and thanks to Brexit they will certainly become a low regulation /low tax / low cost backwater with a thriving prostitution industry to compensate for all the jobs losses

I will retire in England because thanks to global warming they will finally have a decent weather and thanks to Brexit they will certainly become a low regulation /low tax / low cost backwater with a thriving prostitution industry to compensate for all the jobs losses

By the time Frenchy retires, France will be a Muslim country thanks to his Fuhrer Mad Merkel. I don’t think he will be allowed back unless he converts to Islam. Nor will he have the option of kissing the Pope’s ring anymore.

By the time Frenchy retires, France will be a Muslim country thanks to his Fuhrer Mad Merkel. I don’t think he will be allowed back unless he converts to Islam. Nor will he have the option of kissing the Pope’s ring anymore.
I will retire in 2 or 3 years, so the islamic revolution’d better come fast then

Reactions: chaztagster