Which games are you currently playing?

Picked up ドーナドーナ recently, and the best pitch I can make for that game is:

Become a clan (read: soapland) leader and collect enough money to shoot down both other clans and the government

Reactions: AMcguyver and Danbo

Become a clan (read: soapland) leader and collect enough money to shoot down both other clans and the government

The super colorful artstyle looks really cool...makes me want to give it a try.

Just not really keen on the RPG aspect. Turn based combat can be fun when it's done in the style of Advanced Wars etc, but the side by side style done here looks a bit lame. Is it fun or is it grindy?

The super colorful artstyle looks really cool...makes me want to give it a try.

Just not really keen on the RPG aspect. Turn based combat can be fun when it's done in the style of Advanced Wars etc, but the side by side style done here looks a bit lame. Is it fun or is it grindy?
Agree, the hyper-pop aesthetic drew me in as well. Don't play a lot of RPGs myself so take what I said with a heap of salt, but I'd say it lean towards the fun side. Definitely has some grind aspects to it though

Reactions: Danbo
I've been watching a Let's Play of Medieval Dynasty, so I picked up Sengoku Dynasty on early access the other day. It claims I don't have enough VRAM, or just hangs on startup, though. I figured I'd be OK since even though it's older, my 1080 Ti 11 GB is still more powerful than the 1650 8GB that's the minimum requirement, but maybe it really needs the newer core...

Anyway, I've been in the process of building a new PC with a 3080 for over a year and a half, so maybe I'll actually finish it sometime...

Reactions: Secretmugen
Currently chewing my way through Owlcat's new Rogue Trader CRPG set in the Warhammer 40K universe. It's better than I expected despite launch bugs and jank, with some solid voice acting and good writing. Really making me excited for the new Space Marine game coming out this coming year.

League of legends: Summoners rift and tft.
Minecraft: Modpacks and vanilla (dawncraft, etc)
It takes two
Jackbox
(Currently playing)

But I am still looking for more games to jump into.

Since my desktop is 10 years old now, I decided to replace it with a Lenovo Legion Go. It's exactly like a Switch, but bigger and runs Windows 11.

Much faster than my old stuff, and good enough to play Starfield at a decent frame rate. Just really nice to play PC games while I'm lounging on the couch.

But I've been playing Everspace 2 (because I just wanted the space shooty bits, not all that other stuff that comes with Starfield) and some Deep Rock Galactic.

Reactions: AMcguyver and Danbo
Are there any "adultish" space games? I don't mean graphic stuff but......not a kids game.

Minecraft: Modpacks and vanilla (dawncraft, etc)
I dabble in Minecraft, just a distraction from RL... just using some RTX mods for the visuals.
Most of my game time (lately) is spent in COD variants (MW [2019, 2022 versions]). I haven't bothered to get MW3 [2023 Version], nothing convincing me to get that one yet.
I did pick up BG3 to try it out, but not really into turn-based RPG.

Not like I have a whole lot of free time for anything gaming related lately.

Unedited screenshot from the game:
スクリーンショット 2023-12-17 133947.png

I dabble in Minecraft, just a distraction from RL... just using some RTX mods for the visuals.
Most of my game time (lately) is spent in COD variants (MW [2019, 2022 versions]). I haven't bothered to get MW3 [2023 Version], nothing convincing me to get that one yet.
I did pick up BG3 to try it out, but not really into turn-based RPG.

Not like I have a whole lot of free time for anything gaming related lately.
Baldur's Gate 3 is absolutely incredible. The devs also put out regular updates and already put in a huge addition to the final act and endings. I've never played D&D but I got the hang of this pretty quick and all the dialogue, music, acting is top quality stuff.

As for recently...I have "finally" started playing Genshin Impact because everybody on the damn planet seems to play it. It's pretty fun as of right now and the gacha pity is better than other games' but let's see how this goes once I get to the max level...

Reactions: byebibears
Baldur's Gate 3 is boring as fuck. I really don't get the hype. I prefer either of the first two games.
No Man's Sky is also boring as fuck, as much as I want to support it because I know a lot of folks who worked on it.
I've been enjoying Dune Imperium though. Pretty much a perfect implementation of the boardgame. Obviously if you don't like boardgames you probably won't like it lol.

Playing the HBS Battletech for the 20th time. Love the tabletop and its a pretty dang good adaptation.
Once you've done a playthrough, I highly recommend some of the full overhaul mods, such as BT Advanced, BattleTech Extended, and RogueTech. They add a lot to the games and expand the world further, including Clan stuff.